• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May Club

How much do you like May?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, now that i compare may with dawn, may really is a pokemon contest genius. as far as i can remember, i dont think she hasnt moved up to any of the second rounds of any pokemon contest shes been in. her appeal moves are genius.

actually, now that i compare may with dawn, may really is a pokemon contest genius. as far as i can remember, i dont think she hasnt moved up to any of the second rounds of any pokemon contest shes been in. her appeal moves are genius.

Well, yeah, May is cuz she has a lot of experience in contests than Dawn.

I just had to post this. Sure it's Advanceshippy, but it is just SO cute.
barenntainn.jpg

Hi include me in May Club please,i like her............

And did you know that there is japanese episode in advanceshipping where May and Ash kiss together............

It was diffused only in Japan though...........

Hi everyone. I was just browsing the web when I came upon this place, I just had to join, so many new images saved from here. I'll join up too, here's a gif I made myself as a thank you for all the other images I've saved from here. :)

Maydanceopt.gif

I had made another Carmelldansen before this one of another character, not this nice looking though, after that one I decided to do one of my fav pokemon gal, took a while but well worth it. I love her Emerald outfit :D I'm making another may pic now and I'll be sure to post that up too once its done.

And did you know that there is japanese episode in advanceshipping where May and Ash kiss together............

Uh, no. I would like to think the general population here knows better than to believe some random person who somehow has this exclusive "news". Don't let me catch you spreading any more obviously false rumors.

WHAT!!!!!!!!.who is behind that rumor! and i will kill him/her!

Uh, no. I would like to think the general population here knows better than to believe some random person who somehow has this exclusive "news". Don't let me catch you spreading any more obviously false rumors.

For your kind information,i'm not spreading any "false rumors" nor do i have any "exclusivity" on that news.........

People already know about it http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3292878

Indeed. Man are you gullible. If something like that were true it would've been common knowledge long before now.

I suppose if someone claimed that Ash and May were originally intended to have sex in one episode you'd believe that too?

Of course May will show up again. Her story's not finished yet. Besides, they couldn't just simply ditch the most important, influential female character the series has ever had. Nothing against Dawn of course, but May deserves credit for pioneering the active female character with a dream. And I do think that the "going to Johto" excuse sounds like a temporary diversion. Not saying that she would return to the main cast necessarily, of course, but I can't imagine the writers coming up with a new excuse every series to keep her off, or worse, come up with some really lame closure to her story.

And why no one posts here? I present to you, the Scott85 conspiracy theory!
There are or were plenty of May fans here, (just look at the poll at the top of this thread, if you add up all the votes from all the bottom options you have tons of people who like her compared to only 10 who don't like her), but they just don't post anymore.

Another problem is Bulbagarden as a whole is more catered toward Misty. Archaic and most of the mod staff are all die-hard Misty fans/Pokeshippers, and as such they never bothered with May much.

That's why in general, despite Misty being off the show for 4 years already, (and probably another 4 years since Hikari is here now), people still post about her. Misty fans tend to be very loyal, some of them went nuts when they first heard Misty was leaving the series to be replaced by May and decided to hold a bitter grudge against May just for that.

I've been part of the online Pokemon fandom since around 2002, and I've seen lots of crazy stuff here over the years. I'm absolutely convinced half this fandom is completely crazy, while the other half is only somewhat sane. ;)

May just...isn't talked about much here. The fact that she's off the show now will make discussion about her recently be even less as well, which is a shame, since while she was actually here there wasn't much discussion in the first place.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter. This forum mostly caters to Misty, which is something that's pretty obvious if you look around a bit.

I do think that the Misty bias has lessened recently, and of course, this doesn't really apply as much now because only clubs for characters currently present are really active.

Last edited:
well, its not showing up, but heres a link to my favorite piece of May/contest fanart. Its so cute! I really wish they'd do a side series in Johto. May and her rivals are the best!
http://michikusa.main.jp/top-jhoto.html
it'd be so cool if her, Drew and Harley had the johto starters! I really wish May would have gotten a Chikorita and a Flaaffy when she came back from Johto and also have Blaziken, Beautifly, and Wartortle with her. I like her other Pokemon but those 5 would have done it for me. Too bad they evolved Bulbasaur and Eevee, cuz those two were my favorites. now not so much.

We've all been waiting for that, but with the fall of Chronicles, it's becoming less likely. Hopefully the Japanese audience can be influential in making this a reality.

Well obviously the only reason May caught an Eevee in the first place was to show off one of its new evolutions, so there was a 50% chance it was going to be Glaceon.

yeah, I guess so, but sometimes i really wish they didnt do that promotion stuff.
You're forgetting that the whole point of the anime's existence in the first place is to advertise the games, and D/P were the upcoming games at the time.

anyway, whats with Venasaur? its not doing anything for DP. Maybe to show how much may's grown and gotten stronger?

That's probably it, kind of like a symbol, for now anyway. If/when we see her again it'll probably show up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom