• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May CoroCoro begins to leak: Information includes possible new characters and Meloett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: May CoroCoro begins to leak: Information includes possible new characters and Mel

I love how the article says "fan speculation suggests that they may be new protagonists" as if "fan speculation" is a viable source of information.

Re: May CoroCoro begins to leak: Information includes possible new characters and Mel

I dunno, the right character has, imo, undoubtedly Pokemon-style eyes and face.

I know at the very least they're not Inazuma, Beyblade, or Little Battler since the style those franchises use are way different, brighter, and more cartoony.

I love how the article says "fan speculation suggests that they may be new protagonists" as if "fan speculation" is a viable source of information.

Suggests. It also says, "At this point, it is unknown who they are" and "this has yet to be confirmed"... That is what happens when people starts quoting stuff out of context.

Even their red and blue outfit textures matches to the color scheme of Black and White Kyurem, one of the reasons why I added that line.

I dunno, the right character has, imo, undoubtedly Pokemon-style eyes and face.

I know at the very least they're not Inazuma, Beyblade, or Little Battler since the style those franchises use are way different, brighter, and more cartoony.

I think the character on the right could certainly be a part of the new games. If you look at the character's hat/visor, it has what could be a blue pokeball on it. Although it could easily just be a blue circle - hard to tell from the image. He/she also seems to be carrying a bag, a feature of all past protagonists and many other Pokemon characters.

Just thought it might be noteworthy.

Just look for Pokeballs on their clothes. Surefire way to determine if they're Pokemon protagonists.

Just look for Pokeballs on their clothes. Surefire way to determine if they're Pokemon protagonists.

I'm not saying that this character is necessarily going to be a protagonist. I just think that he/she could be included in the game due to the little detail we can see. If a character has a pokeball on its clothing, it probably has something to do with Pokemon.

I like this interpretation of the right one...
jIwHR.png

Definitely think he might have an afro sticking out of his visor, I've seen that hair style before in anime.

OMG they have red and blue clothes Hoenn confirmed!

...sorry. Someone had to.

Anyways, yeah. The only way we could tell which is the female is by looking just how short the miniskirt will be this time around, so... yeah. Nothing we can do about it now. :p

Uh... I really don't like the way they look. I wanted Hilbert back...

These new protagonists look like a couple of freaks.

(Or like they belong in Digimon.)

Suggests. It also says, "At this point, it is unknown who they are" and "this has yet to be confirmed"... That is what happens when people starts quoting stuff out of context.

I didn't quote out of context. Better wording would have been "some fans speculate..." Saying "fan speculation suggests..." implies that there is some kind of merit or legitimacy to what fans are speculating.

Rather than new player characters, they may be just additional characters like Looker and Cheren

I'm going to go with the "belong to an unrelated game" idea, given 1: They don't look very Sugimori to me 2: Afro guy has no hat. Every Pokemon protag has had a hat.

Maybe it's because I know nothing about Coro Coro but I can't see why people think those human characters are unrelated to Pokemon. Why would these two human characters be SO CLOSE to Black and White Kyurem and Meloetta? When there are MANY places on the cover to place these supposed unrelated characters.

They are just too grouped up with the Pokemon to be completely unrelated to them. There's just no sense in having them be unrelated to Pokemon.

I'm going to go with the "belong to an unrelated game" idea, given 1: They don't look very Sugimori to me 2: Afro guy has no hat. Every Pokemon protag has had a hat.

Who says they can't be NPCs?

I'm hoping that we're not getting new protagonists. There's nothing wrong with the ones we currently have, and these guys don't exactly look like they would fit in the Pokemon main series. Maybe in Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness, but... Yeah, I'm hoping those two are unrelated to BW2, or at least just end up being NPCs.

There's nothing wrong with the ones we currently have

If B2W2 has a completely different storyline. Having Hilbert and Hilda as the protagonists wouldn't make much sense. Especially if these are prequel/sequels.

There's nothing wrong with the ones we currently have

If B2W2 has a completely different storyline. Having Hilbert and Hilda as the protagonists wouldn't make much sense. Especially if these are prequel/sequels.

Why not? Is there any rule that establishes that sequels must always have new protagonists? As far as I'm concerned, it's the other way round: usually, sagas have the same protagonists and main characters (especially when we're talking about direct sequels which is the case now), Pokémon being the exception to the rule. Ghetsis could be looking for revenge against the kied who defeated him previously, for example.

While I do believe that we will have new protagonists (the ones depicted on CoroCoro's cover), it wouldn't be "nonsense" if Hilda and Hilbert returned as the playable characters.

I believe we will get new protagonists, as H and H wouldn't work as they already on their journey. I believe there will be new protags, starting off in the hometown getting the 3 starters etc, but I dont think its these 2, i think there are new NPC's such as Cheren and Looker

Am I the only one who thinks Afro Guy looks like a girl?

Am I the only one who thinks Afro Guy looks like a girl?

If you look closely, the scan reveals that 'afro guy' is wearing earrings, so she must be a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom