• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May CoroCoro begins to leak: Information includes possible new characters and Meloett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: May CoroCoro begins to leak: Information includes possible new characters and Mel

Why not? Is there any rule that establishes that sequels must always have new protagonists?
Not unless you want an entirely different game. Which means no gyms, no elite four. If these games were to hypothetically leave off where Black and White ended, it wouldn't make much sense to have Hilda and Herbert being the protagonists, which would mean that Hilda/Herbert wasn't a childhood friend of Cheren and Bianca, because the storyline couldn't work that way. How can it work if the main character is reverted back to a beginning trainer when he/she theoretically beat Alder.

And even a gender reversal role wouldn't work (choosing Hilda, Cheren and Bianca's friend was Herbert and vice versa), unless you can sweep under the rug of Hilda/Herbert being your battle subway partner.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the other way round: usually, sagas have the same protagonists and main characters (especially when we're talking about direct sequels which is the case now).
Yes but the main series games have never had a storyline like Golden Sun (for the GBA), and it couldn't work very well.

Ghetsis could be looking for revenge against the kied who defeated him previously, for example.
You mean the kid that had strong Pokemon but then at most 2 years later, that same kid is choosing his/her starter apparently for the first time and is a beginning trainer

While I do believe that we will have new protagonists (the ones depicted on CoroCoro's cover), it wouldn't be "nonsense" if Hilda and Hilbert returned as the playable characters.

The only thing I can concede to is, if it was merely a brand new storyline and not a prequel or sequel then Hilda and Herbert can still be protagonists, I'd just fine fault in that since something would have to change in order for it to work out properly. New rivals, some new gym leaders, something new.

Because if it's the same Hilda/Herbert, Cheren, Bianca trio, that starts off, runs into Team Plasma, etc, etc, it's just going to Pokemon Gray split into two versions with a splash of semi-unique paint. Maybe Kyurem could be the focus of Team Plasma, but the storyline can't change that much. Something has to be new to make it an entirely new storyline, instead of just changing it to have Kyurem be the focus (since that wouldn't make it any different than a third version).

Re: May CoroCoro begins to leak: Information includes possible new characters and Mel

The picture is WAY to bloody blurry to even get an eye color from them, and people are already saying "baw they look bad"? I'll hold off on judgement until we actually see a scan that isn't horribly pixelated and blurry. D:

I didn't quote out of context. Better wording would have been "some fans speculate..." Saying "fan speculation suggests..." implies that there is some kind of merit or legitimacy to what fans are speculating.
Except that the phrase "fan speculation" tells you everything you need to know about its merit or legitimacy.

They can't be the protagonists, usually the protagonists mirror eachother, ie if one has a hat with pokeball design, the other has hat with pokeball design, if one has a scarf the other has a scarf. They don't look matching. One of them has a scarf with no hat, the other has a hat no scarf. Also, all protagonists have a hat.

They clearly are to do with Pokemon, as they are so close to Meloeta and the Kyurems. But they are likely just new NPC's similar to Cheren and Looker in Platinum. They may even be your friends/rivals, similar to Bianca and the other guy, in BW

EDIT: I meant Charon and Looker, not Cheren.

I like the fanart of these guys though, lol...

oscnf.png

They can't be the protagonists, usually the protagonists mirror eachother, ie if one has a hat with pokeball design, the other has hat with pokeball design, if one has a scarf the other has a scarf. They don't look matching. One of them has a scarf with no hat, the other has a hat no scarf. Also, all protagonists have a hat.

They clearly are to do with Pokemon, as they are so close to Meloeta and the Kyurems. But they are likely just new NPC's similar to Cheren and Looker in Platinum. They may even be your friends/rivals, similar to Bianca and the other guy, in BW

That same form of logic was used before the sequels were announced. "We'll be getting Pokemon Grey because every generation has a single third instalment." I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right, but following patterns in past games won't prove anything. For all we know those two characters could be our protagonists. One could and the other might not be. It's not possible to say one way or the other with the very limited information we have.

Last edited:

That same form of logic was used before the sequels were announced. "We'll be getting Pokemon Grey because every generation has a single third instalment." I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right, but fallowing patterns in past games won't prove anything. For all we know those two characters could be our protagonists. One could and the other might not be. It's not possible to say one way or the other with the very limited information we have.

I'll tell you now with god as my witness, those 2 are not the protagonists. I can say that with absolute certainty.

I'll tell you now with god as my witness, those 2 are not the protagonists. I can say that with absolute certainty.

You can't, as nobody knows for sure. I still think they will be from something else, but I guess only time can tell.

You can't, as nobody knows for sure.

Trust me I can, there are some things you can be certain with, such as the fact, we will get grass, fire and water starters. Those 2, are not protagonists. They don't even match. They're just new characters, but people seem to be having a fangasm and being like "oh god, theres 2 people, must be THEM," they both look like guys.

The only thing I can concede to is, if it was merely a brand new storyline and not a prequel or sequel then Hilda and Herbert can still be protagonists, I'd just fine fault in that since something would have to change in order for it to work out properly. New rivals, some new gym leaders, something new.

And that is WHERE "new storyline" enters.

I mean, BW1 already changed a few things that were considered "general rules" within the franchise, so BW2 can do that again and pull a decent storyline with the same characters. Like the characters following N to the 'faraway land' he went to at the end of BW1, thus bringing in a brand new region and a brand new Pkémon League (i.e. Leaders and Elite Four). They can even use that as an excuse ("you cannot use foreign Pokémon! You'll have toc atch new ones") for the player starting a whole new team from scratch. Or have the story take place several years later, meaning that Unova as a region has changed (Resident Evil 2 and 3, for example, are set in the same city, and even around the same timeframe, yet the places you have to visit in both games are reallly different, so having the same region wouldn't mean "same map, same missions, meh") and justifying new gyms and leaders.

See? It can be done. And it took me like 5 minutes to come up with those scenarios. I'm sure the developers could do way better if they wanted to take this direction.

You mean the kid that had strong Pokemon but then at most 2 years later, that same kid is choosing his/her starter apparently for the first time and is a beginning trainer

No body said they would be treated like starter trainers again. Think about the HGSS protagonists when they visit Kanto (they're still strong, but still have challanges to defeat) only on a major scale. Or they can simply invoke bag of spilling, which happens all the time in sequels and nobody cares.

As I previously said, I'm not saying I'm not totally sure that this is the road that will be taken, only that it is possible to do and would be interesting to see, just for a change.

To me, there's something about them that doesn't look Pokemon-ish (and by something, I mean the hair).

Another thing I'd like to point out: One of the characters is much taller than the other. Protagonists have always been (or at least almost) the same height.

Another thing I'd like to point out: One of the characters is much taller than the other. Protagonists have always been (or at least almost) the same height.
they were just placed in such a way one looks taller??? We don't see their feet so pretending the image speaks for height is kind of silly.

edit: I think until we get the actual pages, people need to calm down on trying to drag as much as they can from this. Stop putting limitations on what B2W2 can or cannot be, as I highly doubt GameFreak puts any of these silly restrictions people keep bringing up onto their creative process. These character can be anything as far as we know now, from PCs to NPCs to not even pokemon characters. Speculation is fine, but some of these posts are getting kinda silly with saying "well it HAS to be (xyz) because that's what they've always done". GameFreak made BW with the intention of breaking as many of the supposed "standards" of pokemon as reasonably possible to create something completely new, so why wouldn't the sequels do the same?

Last edited:

I don't think these two are the new protagonists because they look younger than Hilbert/Hilda and I thought Game Freak would continue the older protagonist thing since that is really what their fan base is now. However, I do expect these two to be new characters in BW2, and I think there WILL be new protagonists.

Maybe Ghetsis will catch Kyurem, steal the power from N's dragon to make Kyurem change formes, and the new protagonist will meet up with Hilbert/Hilda to catch/be given their dragon to face Ghetsis with. .... I dunno, just speculation. :lol:

Glad to see that Meloetta's Pirouette Form is finally being officially revealed. As for those two characters I don't know what to say just that I'll wait for the rest of CoroCoro to leak.

You can't, as nobody knows for sure.

Trust me I can, there are some things you can be certain with, such as the fact, we will get grass, fire and water starters. Those 2, are not protagonists. They don't even match. They're just new characters, but people seem to be having a fangasm and being like "oh god, theres 2 people, must be THEM," they both look like guys.

The one with the hat is WAY too girly like. I seriously doubt that one is a guy. And seriously, just because they don't match doesn't mean they aren't the new protags.

I didn't quote out of context. Better wording would have been "some fans speculate..." Saying "fan speculation suggests..." implies that there is some kind of merit or legitimacy to what fans are speculating.
Except that the phrase "fan speculation" tells you everything you need to know about its merit or legitimacy.

lol no

Whoever those two new characters are, I think they look pretty cool! The one on the right seems to have hair similar to Hilda's!

Now you people feast your eyes on this that has been circulating around tumblr

tumblr_m2cljz6oXT1qf7ax4o1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom