• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

May Gym Challenge Pack contents fully revealed: Krookodile-EX, Tyrunt, Enhanced Hamme

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
May Gym Challenge Pack contents fully revealed: Krookodile-EX, Tyrunt, Enhanced Hammer, etc

Various new promotional card releases are arriving to Japan. Beginning now in February, players can receive a promotional card pack by participating in a Pokémon Card Gym tournament containing various new promotional cards including Tyrunt, Shiftry, and Krookodile-EX. This pack will be available at Gym leagues until July

Read more on Bulbanews

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score
Re: May Gym Challenge Pack contents fully revealed: Krookodile-EX, Tyrunt, Enhanced H

There are only two cards here that really stand out to me. One is that "Trickery Coin" ("Foul Play Coin" seems like an unlikely translation here). It seems like a neat way to replace Fliptini, though it takes the Tool slot so its holder can't wield a Muscle Band or something else. Still, probably better than occupying a space on the Bench with an easy Prize.

The second card that caught my eye is... ENHANCED HAMMER. Why did that infernal card have to be reprinted? It and Crushing Hammer can go die in a fire somewhere, as far as I'm concerned.

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: May Gym Challenge Pack contents fully revealed: Krookodile-EX, Tyrunt, Enhanced H

There are only two cards here that really stand out to me. One is that "Trickery Coin" ("Foul Play Coin" seems like an unlikely translation here).
We chose 'Foul Play Coin' because it is exactly matches the Japanese name for the game move Foul Play.

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score

@Maverick Nate; I'm aware of that. It still seems like an awkward translation here, though.