• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May issue of CoroCoro magazine leaked: Plethora of information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I have no idea, but GF probably is going to go overboard with the sterotype that hes based on. Looking at him, I'm guessing what he did was walk around in a towel and shoes that covered up his feet. I don't think that I've ever seen a tan that bad though.
The horrible uneven tan makes me wonder if he's from the Unova equivalent of the Jersey Shore D:

Honestly, while I think something is obviously going on in that portion of the region, I don't think its been frozen over--at least not to the extent the ice is making it seem. If anything, the ice is representative of the influence Kyurem will have on that part of the region.
The right half of the region changes depending on what forme Kyurem is currently in.
I agree that after looking over the scan more carfefully, I don't think the ice means that the region is frozen over. I personally think that that part of the region will have a good amount of changes...they obviously don't want to reveal much about Black City/White Forest or whatever it will be at the moment. As for the rest of the region...I don't remember any part of Unova being covered at ALL in any of the pre-release images, so the only thing I can think of it that the right half of Unova will have some changes going on.

I'm really not seeing these entrances to the ice that other people have mentioned...

I'm really not seeing these entrances to the ice that other people have mentioned...

I think Bulbanews made a mistake. The so called 'cave entrances to the glacier' are simply the entrances to (I believe) Chargestone and Mistralton Caves. Yeah, this whole 'glacier' thing is looking more and more like a cover up...

I've amended the article to reflect this uncertainty about the ice. Personally, I'm leaning way more in the direction of this just being a means of obscuring parts of the map they don't want us to see yet. It simply doesn't look like part of the map.

POISON TYPE GYM LEADER?! HOLY CRAP GAMEFREAK, WE haven't got a new one since GEN II! And that was A DECADE AGO!

My god...this is amazing! B2 and W2 is going to be PERFECT!

POISON TYPE GYM LEADER?! HOLY CRAP GAMEFREAK, WE haven't got a new one since GEN II! And that was A DECADE AGO!

My god...this is amazing! B2 and W2 is going to be PERFECT!

Technically, it's Gen I because Johto was the main focus in Gen II, and of course the gyms in Kanto will be the same (except Giovanni).

Technically, it's Gen I because Johto was the main focus in Gen II, and of course the gyms in Kanto will be the same (except Giovanni).
Eh, the fact that it was a new leader in Gen II makes it close enough for me. Anyway, this is a little off-topic.

The "300 Pokemon" thing is the other thing about this that bothers me. I've tried and failed to translate that part of the scan myself (accursed tiny kanji) but a regional Pokedex with 300 entries is way more feasible than one with 450+ entries. I think the dex entries bear this out: there are none over 300 that we've been shown, and Metagross, which is the kind of Pokemon that would traditionally be towards the end of a regional dex, is #264, which would make sense in a dex of 300, but less so in one of 450.

It intrigues me that Dragonspiral Tower, the Giant Chasm and Victory Road/ Plasma's Castle have been covered by the ice.

I'm only going by what a friend of mine has told me, but doesn't the Japanese text suggest that there's going to be more new Gym Leaders than Homika and Shuzui? I wonder if we're either going to see lots of replaced gym leaders, or more than the normal 8.

I think the ice could have some plot relevance. With the new Kyreum forms, and the drying up of the Entralink Area, which could be the work of White Kyreum implying that the ice could be regular Kyreum. But it would also make sense as a cover up for what they don't want us to see yet, the ice keeping in with the Kyreum theme, looking stylistic and keeping up on our toes. Although I hope for the former.

I must say this really is exciting news.
I do have some thoughts about the story about the events that took place. First, with the additional regional pokemon we know they are not native to Unova.
But the majority actually live to the far east or in certain caves. Is it possible that the ice (be it glacier or otherwise) caused the pokemon to be displaced into the west and causing them to appear in such frequency that it was decided to make them part of the regional pokedex?

For the new town in the southwest could it be the inhabitants of Nuvema town simply built up a new town to live in?

We can assume that new gym leaders are there to replace those who are possibly lost to the ice, but what about Mistralton city? will Skyla still be there or is another leader going to be introduced?

I also have the impression that final confrontation with Kyurem and/or the villainous team (Ghetsis?) will take place either deep in "glacier" or the pokemon league. The Giant Chasm is also possible since you originally meet Kyurem there or even Lacunosa town since it has the strongest ties with Kyurem.

I apologize for the degree of text, I had a lot on my mind. I am also new here and I apologize in advance for any mistakes I have made or will make.

Last edited:
Autumn of 2012, get here already.

Also, is anybody wondering if you get to battle the B/W protagonists once you visit their hometown?

First off, I find it ironic that B2 and W2 take place 2 years after B&W.
Next, what I think about the people:

Male player is cool, and the shorts are cool, but why does he have tights too!? Gah! The hair style is epic, and I like the hat and clothes. He has a cool back-pack thingy, too.
The girl player is hot. Everything about her is sexy. clothes are hot, hat is hot, everything else is hot. :awww:
Rival is cool. The turtle neck is a bit dumb, though. I like the super saiyan hair style
Guitar Gym leader....I hate. I hope I beat her quick so I can get away easy and fast. Tip of guitar is like Scolipede.
Water Gym leader needs a shirt. Tights are unmanly.
The professor is creepy...

Does anyone see the little box with Black Kyurem, Haxorus, and Lucario, then one with White Kyurem, Metagross, and Zoroark? Version exclusives? If so, I don't mind! I'm looking to get Black 2, so Haxorus is epic!

Can anyone translate Black Kyurem and White Kyurme's heights and weights from metric? I'll try looking it up...

I really hope that even if you choose the male character, you see the female sometimes cause she's hot!

I stand by my previous comment sbout Nintendo being marvelous money makers.

Go roll in your money already. We're already hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom