• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May issue of CoroCoro magazine leaked: Plethora of information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy monkey poo. So this thing really is an actual sequel and that we're getting new player characters?

Not sure if want to be honest...

Looks like Sugimori's new eye style is only on the PCs and rival. All of the other characters follow his new traditional style. I wonder why.

I did not expect this! I love that there are many changes! I wonder what other changes that has not been revealed yet.

From what I see here, this will be one of the best Pokemon games so far. I cannot wait for more information to be revealed. I have been thinking to myself since I heard about the new Water-type gym leader: Will he replace the Striaton gym leaders? I don't think they would have two water type gyms (Even if Striaton is only 1/3 water-type.) I was thinking if the Chili, Cilan, and Cress aren't gym leaders, the are they busy being the Shadow Triad!?!?!? O__O All this info is amazing. I can tell this will be my favourite game from the entire series. I just have a feeling.

Looks like Sugimori's new eye style is only on the PCs and rival. All of the other characters follow his new traditional style. I wonder why.

Sugimori's not the only artist making official artwork anymore. Are you sure a third artist (I think Ohmura did a lot of artwork for BW) didn't get on board for BW2?

Analysing all the points that Pokebeach makes.

The Pokedex features 300 Pokemon from every generation. So far, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033, Metagross is #254, and Eevee is confirmed but has an unknown Dex number.

That is just ridiculous, biggest regional Pokedex ever, also I liked not having Pokemon from the old gens in Unova.

This. It's one of the reasons why I liked BW, a new fresh start with new Pokemon.

You begin your journey in Hiougi City. It is on the map in an area that was previously uninhabited in the original games on the left side of Unova (the southwest side). It features an underwater tunnel made of glass (does it take you to the main region?). The city also sports a Pokemon Center, a Trainer School, and shops.

Isn't this the New Jersey part of New York? Interesting that they are expanding further into other US state.

No, the new towns are most likely representing Staten Island. It is the only borough of NYC not in BW and it is located Southwest of Manhattan.

"The man in the lab coat is Akuroma. He is researching Pokémon strength. A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon. He is said to be mysterious and hard to read."
Yupp! I'm predicting 1 of 2 things:
1) pokemon with hidden abilities in the wild
2) He's the new researcher for the Dream World and he may become a plot point along with the Entralink by extension.

Most likely this. My theory is that with the Entralink no longer separated by water from the rest of the region, Dream World Pokemon escaped into Unova and breeded. Thus leaving Pokemon with possible DW abilities in the wild along with normal ability Pokemon. The new Professor could be Juniper's replacement in the game.

BTW how old are the new Playable Characters supposed to be exactly? They look like the normal 10 year olds we normally get. :sweat:

Sugimori's not the only artist making official artwork anymore. Are you sure a third artist (I think Ohmura did a lot of artwork for BW) didn't get on board for BW2?

There could be a new artist. If that's the case, why did they draw the PCs though?

Some of these are fine, such as the new areas, additions to the Pokedex, New Players, and new Gym Leaders. I like this part 'cause it's 2 years after Black and White. To be honest, I like how Game Freak did the other games too, probly a bit more then I like this, but we will see.

I don't like the Ice covering up northern and eastern Unova. Why no more Pokemon League and Cynitha battles? Oh Game Freak, I wah.

Poison leader is the best leader. Also, Cilan needs to be the new E4 Champion with an actual team of grass pokes.

First off, I find it ironic that B2 and W2 take place 2 years after B&W.
This is the opposite of irony.

I don't like the Ice covering up northern and eastern Unova. Why no more Pokemon League and Cynitha battles? Oh Game Freak, I wah.

I think the ice on the map is just to cover some locations, like the original map for BW had cloud coverage. I don't think the ice is actually in the game, but if it is, it is probably going to melt at some point in the story line.

Last edited:
I really think the ice is just there to cover up things that they don't want to reveal yet. There is no way the entire game can just be that little area not covered in ice, and if everything/everybody is frozen in the east (like from a MASSIVE Ice Beam) then even if you could travel through there what could you do?

Plus look at the picture of the new starting town with the yellow frame around it. The ice on those trees just doesn't look natural. And if the ice WAS real and coming from Giant Chasm, why would there be a random patch southwest of the new starting town, disconnected from the other ice?

Okay, that boy character's design sucks butt... BUT THAT GIRL IS SO ADORABLE. She's as cute as Hilda/White! I can't wait to play as her! :D

I honestly think these are the best player character designs so far. The boy is great, and I'm usually not that impressed with the male designs. I'll still be playing as the girl though, as per tradition. Especially since she has that Sailor Moon thing going on.

This. It's one of the reasons why I liked BW, a new fresh start with new Pokemon.

Except BW2 are SEQUELS. So you don't get a 'fresh' start. Besides, I think I'd prefer a large Poke-pool. I don't play for the pokedex, I play for story and fun~

Honestly, one of my main issues with Black and White was that the regional dex didn't feel big enough. It was amongst the smallest we've ever had, and the smaller number of Pokemon was exacerbated by how they were distributed. On the one hand, it was nice that almost all Pokemon were restricted to just a few routes, unlike previous games with their ubiquitous Rattata/Zubat/Geodude: it gave the various parts of Unova more individual character But combined with the small number of available Pokemon, it meant that each area only had a handful of Pokemon available, and that felt disappointing. By increasing the number of available Pokemon, we can keep this kind of distribution and have more types of Pokemon per area.

To be honest, I was more excited about Pokemon Conquest than these games. I thought they were going to like Yellow, Crystal, and other third versions, just add in a few material from the pair games (like Red and Blue) and call it a new game. I was like (sarcastic) "Woohoo, Kyurem has new forms." and "There is going to be a little story around those new forms. Yippee (more sarcasm)."
But then I read that it takes place 2 years after Black and White, we have new protagonists, rival, gym leaders, an expanded regional Pokedex (to be honest, Generation V exclusive Pokemon did bother me), new locations, and the Unova region has changed completely with half the region being frozen over.
That's it Game Freak. You win and I lose. YOU WIN! You have finally convince into wanting to buy this game. Now excuse me while I pick pieces of my brain that scattered throughout the room.

Last edited:
I still think the professor is insanely creepy. Seriously, if he ISN'T a villain or antagonist of some kind, I'll be seriously disappointed. No other Pokemon character has ever looked this creepy. If he looked me directly in the eyes, he's steal not only my soul, but my mind and spirit as well. o_o; Men who look like that (without the long streak) in real life creep me out, too, so I guess that's why he especially freaks me out.

I realize I didn't comment on the new gym leaders. They seem to show that the PC's hairstyles are not unusual. It seems crazy hair is the norm this time of year in Unova. I especially like Shizui, though it's too bad he just has a tan...

Black Kyurem said:
The girl player is hot. Everything about her is sexy. clothes are hot, hat is hot, everything else is hot. :awww:

She's 10, you sick fudge

I bet there's still a fat guy to the south of your house who tells you how great technology is. :-D

Homika's only going to have two pokemon.

homika_two_pokemon.png

I bet there's still a fat guy to the south of your house who tells you how great technology is. :-D

"Technology is wonderful! Now Game Freak is making sequels rather than rehashed versions of the same two games!"

Naturally being a Pokemon game, we always get NPC's that say things to you that you already know about in the first two towns, then after the first Gym or so, you're on your own...

Homika's only going to have two pokemon.

homika_two_pokemon.png

She's the first Gym leader, Brock, Falkner, Roxanne, and the Striaton Trio members all had only two Pokemon on their team, so it's pretty much a tradition for the first Gym to only have two Pokemon on his/her team, the only exception is Roark, who had three Pokemon.

Wonder if the Gym battle music will be the same as in B/W though, or better yet, a remastered remix of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom