• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May issue of CoroCoro magazine leaked: Plethora of information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homika's only going to have two pokemon.

homika_two_pokemon.png

Are the other screens of Shizui blown up with as great of quality? That's really cool.

Homika's only going to have two pokemon.

homika_two_pokemon.png

Are the other screens of Shizui blown up with as great of quality? That's really cool.

I don't think so, but often, the second Gym leader has the same amount of Pokemon as the first gym, if not one more added.

I think she will have a Foongus then a Venipede as her signature Pokemon. Just can't see her with a Trubbish. Also, I hope we get to rebattle gym leaders in BW2, I really missed this feature in BW1

I agree. Out of all the things I like the most from Platinum as well as HeartGold/SoulSilver was the rematches with Gym Leaders.

I really don't like the Male Trainer's hair...it's almost as if both of these designs were failed prototypes of White in BW1...

Just pretend that he's Hilbert's younger brother, and suddenly it's not bad at all.

Wait, was it ever said Homioka was Gym Leader 1? I thought it was ambiguous to when she appears.

Shizui seems like he's earlier, since the protagonist has the underwater tunnel leading to what I assume is the beach area we see Shizui at.

I'm probably in the minority when I say that the new professor doesn't even look that creepy. Most characters that are in Japanese entertainment like their anime and games are going to have weird outfits and hair all the time. That doesn't mean that they're creepy.

But I'm not brushing away the fact that the translations state that he's "mysterious and hard to read". For a Professor in the main handheld series, that's a first and definately kind of suspicious. He could be a villain... or, he could be like Prof. Kaminko from Gale of Darkness and not be a villain at all. At first, I thought Kaminko was going to be a scientists working for Cipher, but it turned out that he's just an absent-minded old coot who's inventions never really work out.

I thought they stopped doing that after Gen 2?

No, Grass-types are still weak against Poison-types. I remember my Budew getting its ass kicked a few times by Poison-type moves in Platinum.

Keldeo94 likely meant stopped having some starters harder than others when facing Gyms. Its not like its going to matter though with so many Pokemon in the Pokedex.

or, he could be like Prof. Kaminko from Gale of Darkness and not be a villain at all. At first, I thought Kaminko was going to be a scientists working for Cipher, but it turned out that he's just an absent-minded old coot who's inventions never really work out.

Ah, Dr. Kaminko. I miss him. And Chobin. Actually, I miss the shadow pokemon games period. But that's neither here nor there. Grah, will the summer (and floods of blind walkthroughs on youtube) get here already!?

While it's likely the ice is there just to attract the fan's attention and hide the places with the most changes, it would be really cool if it really is going to be part of the game, not as a glacier, but as a giant Ice Beam or something. And what if it's possible to explore the ice? There wasn't a lot of exploration in B&W1, and you would be able to visit most of the old cities. Plus, ice caves are cool and more interesting to explore than normal caves.
Also, anyone noticed the settlement in the Eastern Mountains? Looks like a new town, or perhaps, it's the villain's HQ.

Well, in Gens 3 and 4, it was Fire-type Pokemon that were at an initial disadvantage due to the first gyms being Rock-type. So there's usually one type that makes the game harder, at least initially (Gen 2 was unusual in that Grass was at a big disadvantage for much longer than that).

People seem to be assuming that Homika is the first gym leader based on the fact that she has just two Pokemon, but it's equally possible that she's the second: Misty, Brawly and Lenora all had two Pokemon each.
(Incidentally, I love Homika's design. Though I'll still be pissed if the new gym leaders mean that Lenora's been demoted)

hi everyone! i know this is my first post but I found something that might interest you.

I was looking at the scans and I found an new location on the map that is just east of the enterlink east bridge.

Take a look at this:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/72/CoroCoro_May_2012_BW2_1.png

If you look under the red arrow you can see a new building/area in the east mountains and being encroached by the ice.

Compare to the original map:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Unova_alt.png

What is this? Is this the location of Plasma's new hideout?

I personally hope that the new professor is morally ambiguous siding to good as N was. They seem to have far more character than the typical hero or villain.
I meant to quote KPTitan but I can not seem to add their text.

That is a pretty snazzy new rival design. He seems pretty cool.

Exciting news! Looks like this game has lots of potential. :) I hope it lives up to the hype...Sometimes we get these awesome looking games but as soon as we play them they are like "...Meh."

I love the girl's design-- She actually is wearing clothes that a 10 year old would wear! D: ...With her bow-tie bra and all...

Again, as mentioned, this will be perfect.

It's offical.

B2 and W2 will PRINT MONEY!

IT PRINTS MONEY!

That is why I wasn't that excited about this game in the first place. I was afraid it was going to be the same thing as Platinum. I was afraid it would just be an updated Black and White and be called new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom