• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May vs. Wakana for Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

PokePwn Webmaster
Reaction score
As seen in the recent episode, AG 162, May is starting to fall a little for Drew. In this episode Wakana starts argueing with her to stop liking Drew. What will happan in this new sub- plot.

I personally doubt we will see Wakana again. She sounds like she is similar to Macy in shipping implications.

Those episode pictures sure were something. ;) Sadly I have my doubts on whether Wakana will be a recurring character, but she was entertaining enough for the one ep. Just one question, though - what WAS all that blushing from Drew about? There were two instances where he turned bright red. Blimey.

I personally think that May and Drew may get together. At the end of this season i think May will leave with Drew, Max will go back to Petalburg and Brock will go with Ash to D/P place.

I don't know about May leaving with Drew, though it is possible that they could train together if May does leave. Certainly, an imminent departure would make the writers more interested in pushing ContestShipping. But let's not turn this into a "Who will leave?" debate.

What is interesting is that this is the second contest to have an apparent love triangle, IIRC. (The Pacifidlog contest had the Joshua-Erika-May triangle.) That one left Joshua and Erika together (kinda) so it will be interesting to see if ContestShipping does get any further this year.

Kater said:
I personally think that May and Drew may get together. At the end of this season i think May will leave with Drew,

I SEVRELY doubt that May is going to leave the show. The writers aren't going to get rid of the co-star of AG. Why should May travel with her rival anyway?

This just proves that some people support Contestshipping just to get rid of May. -_-

Max will go back to Petalburg and Brock will go with Ash to D/P place.

And let me guess, Misty will come back and we'll go back to the crapfest of Johto right? -_-

Ugh, no. More likely than not they're building up to May defeating Drew in the Kanto Grand Festival. If anyone is being written out at the end of this saga, it'll be either Harley or Drew. They're not going to rehash the same two rivalries for another 3 year region.

Do you know how predictable that post was, Scott?

Anyway, AG Misty is better than Johto Misty.

I have to be predictable when it's obvious that some people only support Contestshipping because they think that's May's ticket off the show. Sickening that some people support ships just to get rid of characters.

Kater said:
In this episode Wakana starts argueing with her to stop liking Drew.

Excuse me? Did you watch the episode? Wakana and May didn't have a single argument, they became great friends very quickly. Even when Wakana made it openly known to May that she liked Drew, May was kind of surprised, but she didn't seem to mind. May didn't show any jealousy at all in the entire episode, in fact she was happy to introduce Wakana to Drew even.

There was a severe lack of jealousy on May's part, and she actually seemed amused that Drew had a girl who liked him.

n48j9u.jpg

^What's that scene all about then?^

Besides, I can jump to the similar conclusion that you only support Advanceshipping because that's the only way to secure May to the show.

And Kater never mentioned Misty, so the D/P girl could enter the group.

Scott, after this season ends and it goes to D/P, May will probably leave the show. You suggesting that it will stay Advanced Generation for another season, but this is surely the last AG season.

FabuVinny said:
n48j9u.jpg

^What's that scene all about then?^

Wakana was asking May what she thought about Drew. She wasn't arguing with her to "stop liking him." -_-

Besides, I can jump to the similar conclusion that you only support Advanceshipping because that's the only way to secure May to the show.

Uh, I know May is secure without the help of any ship. I like Advanceshipping for other reasons, not to "keep May around," because that's a pretty dumb reason to support a ship.

Scott, after this season ends and it goes to D/P, May will probably leave the show. You suggesting that it will stay Advanced Generation for another season, but this is surely the last AG season.

Oh, and is that why Ash stayed for both Pocket Monsters AND Advance Generation? Get real, a change in the title doesn't mean May's being ditched. Do you know anything about writing?

What I'm saying is that Advanced Generation is the 3rd generation. since May is a 3rd generation game charchter i'm saying that she'll leave. not because of the title of the season.

Kater said:
What I'm saying is that Advanced Generation is the 3rd generation. since May is a 3rd generation game charchter i'm saying that she'll leave. not because of the title of the season.

And what kind of logic is this?

Ash was a 1st generation character, yet he's still here.

Brock was a 1st generation character, and he's still here.

Misty was a 1st generation character, and she stayed for the 2nd generation.

This is some flawed logic if I ever saw it.

Her fate can not be predicted at the moment. Being a figure of Generation III doesn't mean she will leave but having a quest in AG does not mean she will stay.
Scott85 said:
Wakana was asking May what she thought about Drew. She wasn't arguing with her to "stop liking him." -_-
I never said that was what was going on. And that blush looks suspiciously like ContestShipping proof to me.

I highly doubt Wakana is going to reappear again, possibely at another competition, but thats about it; we won't hear of her again; its like saying we'll see Azami again and she'll come back for Takeshi...

Last edited:
I very much doubt that May will leave any time soon. I also very much doubt that Drew will leave any time soon. As for us supposedly wanting to 'get May off the show', pfffffffft. Why the hell would Contestshippers want half of their pairing gone? That would be something of a deathstrike, would it not?

Oh, and just because I can:

Contestshipping is caaaaanon!

That's because these are people who just support Contestshipping on the side, I'm not talking about the "real" Contestshippers. Some people, like Kater, want May to fall in love with Drew so they both leave the series together.

And it's sad to see some people support a ship just to get rid of May (and Drew along with her).

Scott85 said:
Some people, like Kater, want May to fall in love with Drew so they both leave the series together.
Mind telling me who, besides Kater, supports ContestShipping for that reason alone?

That's because these are people who just support Contestshipping on the side, I'm not talking about the "real" Contestshippers. Some people, like Kater, want May to fall in love with Drew so they both leave the series together.

And it's sad to see some people support a ship just to get rid of May (and Drew along with her).
It's sadder that you've had to resort to bringing that argument up in every thread like this just 'cause you don't like the fact that May has the hots for Drew. :p

Heh, is that why May has no problems with Wakana liking Drew, and in fact introduces the two to each other. ;)

For someone that's supossed to have a crush on Drew, she sure doesn't mind when another character (Wakana) who was seriously interested in him and told May that she was going to confess her love for him if she won the Contest.

Am I the only one that sees this as an anti hint? May not caring (or rather didn't mind) that Wakana had a crush on Drew, actually introducing the two to each other, and showing no jealousy at all in the entire episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom