• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May's strongest pokemon?

Mays strongest pokemon?

• Blaziken

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Skitty

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Warturtle

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Beautifly

• Venusar

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Munchlax

• Glaceon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
His Blaziken, as a Torchic, didn't deserve to evolve into Combusken at the first place.

I don't recall May being male... To be honest, I don't mind if a Pokémon evolves as long as its personality doesn't shift too much.

Anyways, I believe her Venusaur takes it for me. Blaziken is pretty nice, and Glaceon is as well.

I was expecting May's Torchic would be strong enough to can be compared to Harrison's Blaziken which defeated Ash's Mighty Charizard, fair and square. Seeing a coward was a huge disappointment of course.

LOL, why are you comparing a Torchic to a Blaziken? You thought Torchic was going to be a badass fighter right from its first episode? As soon as it became Combusken it became a strong pokemon and won the vast majority of its battles, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Where the hell did you get the idea that Pokemon personalities don't change?

Have I talked about personality? It's the first post that used 'personality' word in this thread.
I didn't think that Torchic was going to be a mighty fighter. But being scared most of the time(almost all the time) as a Torchic... That wasn't acceptable for me.
Also did you hear about something bad about its Combusken form from me?

So then why are you complaining? There's no reason to expect a beginning Torchic from a lab was going to be a powerful fighter off the bat. In fact the way Torchic was handled was probably the most realistic depiction of a starter in the series, unlike starters that are overpowered from the beginning like Piplup and Tepig.

Have I talked about personality? It's the first post that used 'personality' word in this thread.
I didn't think that Torchic was going to be a mighty fighter. But being scared most of the time(almost all the time) as a Torchic... That wasn't acceptable for me.
Also did you hear about something bad about its Combusken form from me?

So then why are you complaining? There's no reason to expect a beginning Torchic from a lab was going to be a powerful fighter off the bat. In fact the way Torchic was handled was probably the most realistic depiction of a starter in the series, unlike starters that are overpowered from the beginning like Piplup and Tepig.
Tepig was overpowered after evolution not before. And he did not come straight from a lab. He was trained by Shamus first. The overpowered starter in BW should be Oshawott. In the beginning. He won a lot of battles before he became an comic fall guy. But we are starting to get off topic here.

I'll admit that Blaziken may have been a complete pushover as a Torchic but it has improved dramatically since then, being able to battle on par with Ash's Sceptile who repeatedly proved itself as strong many times. I'd have to agree with The Fighting Misty here, most in-game starters don't just start off strong and I found Blaziken's depiction and abilities as Torchic to be very realistic.

Having risen from that realistic start to being competant in both battles and contests is why I've voted for Oshawott done rightBlaziken.

Aside from Blaziken debate, I wonder who are those 2 people that voted for 'Skitty'.

And you think there's a Blaziken debate because you're comparing it to a completely different Blaziken owned by another trainer?

Aside from Blaziken debate, I wonder who are those 2 people that voted for 'Skitty'.

And you think there's a Blaziken debate because you're comparing it to a completely different Blaziken owned by another trainer?
It's clear as day that we can not agree. What's the point of keeping this debate up? Leave it alone.
Well I agree. If you want to discuss Blaziken then make a thread for it. This one is for comparing Mays pokemon and see which one people think is best. You two are getting off topic. And I do not mean to be rude here.

Venusaur is probably strong, but since we never saw it in that stage outside a 3 second montage there's not much to say.

Venusaur is probably strong, but since we never saw it in that stage outside a 3 second montage there's not much to say.

I was always disappointed with that. I really liked May's Bulbasaur. I thought it was kind of cute with the heart shaped mark and I would have preferred seeing it being used in her Kanto Contests along with Squirtle, instead of leaving one starter Pokemon for another. It would have been really cool to see her Venasaur in action, but it was only in a blink and you miss it cameo. It would probably be her second or third strongest Pokemon, although I'm not sure how well it would do in Contest battles with being so bulky, but there isn't much to go on beyond that brief cameo.

Venusaur because I really liked her sad that did not travel in Kanto but it is what it is. It was good with Pedal Dance.

If I were to rank their strength while she was a main character before the evo's in DP:

Blaziken > Beautifly > Bulbasaur/Munchlax > Squirtle > Skitty > Eevee

During DP:

Blaziken > Beautifly > Venusaur > Wartortle > Glaceon > Munchlax > Skitty

During AG her baby Eevee was obviously her weakest but it got a huge power boost as a Glaceon, so Skitty is probably her weakest now. Also her overpowered Squirtle was already too strong, but as a Wartortle its probably ahead of Munchlax now.

I think in AG series, Skitty was the weakest one. She and her trainer relied on assist way too much and the move that got the win was assist most of the time. That's why I think Skitty was the weakest one on her cast.

Skitty doubleslapped an Ampharmos to death in Wattson's Gym.

I think in AG series, Skitty was the weakest one. She and her trainer relied on assist way too much and the move that got the win was assist most of the time. That's why I think Skitty was the weakest one on her cast.

Skitty doubleslapped an Ampharmos to death in Wattson's Gym.
When she looked like she lost the battle, used assist (Torchic's Quick Attack) to dodge and hit Ampharos. So. No. She won coz of assist again.

Why do you keep acting like Assist is a random move? Its not like Metronome, it uses your teammates attacks.

Assist is a random move. It is not even up to debate. Even in the anime it was adresses as a random move.

You don't understand what I was saying. Assist still takes a move from your own team. Metronome takes ANY random attack from anything. Assist is only useful if the Pokemon on your team has those attacks, hence why when she used it, you would see Combusken or Bulbasaurs attacks.

Yeah Skitty is probably the weakest, so it doesn't matter. Taken together May probably had the best developed team of the series, above Misty's and slightly above Dawn's.

i think it is blazikin because it is very strog and it is her starter so it has th most experiece of her pokimon but that does not maen it is unbatable or anything

If I were to rank their strength while she was a main character before the evo's in DP:

Blaziken > Beautifly > Bulbasaur/Munchlax > Squirtle > Skitty > Eevee

During DP:

Blaziken > Beautifly > Venusaur > Wartortle > Glaceon > Munchlax > Skitty

During AG her baby Eevee was obviously her weakest but it got a huge power boost as a Glaceon, so Skitty is probably her weakest now. Also her overpowered Squirtle was already too strong, but as a Wartortle its probably ahead of Munchlax now.

I don't know, Skitty is pretty strong...when taking Deus Ex Machina into account.

Definitely May's Blaziken, then Glaceon(which she got a long time ago evolve from eevee during kanto battle frontier).

Back
Top Bottom