• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PB's Pokémon Opinions Corner

Here's an objective fact a new personal opinion:

Crystal-to-BW2 is the Golden Age of Pokémon.

Last edited:
XY has the most unmemorable soundtrack in the entire franchise.

It's just not fitting for the atmosphere of a Pokémon game, where the music should express the excitement of going on an adventure.

XY's music seems more fitting for a guided tour around the museum. I don't know what were Game Freak thinking.

Last edited:
inline-pokemon-masters-578.jpg

I am so excited for Pokémon Masters.

Granted, my excitement may be in vain, if it turns out to be yet another smartphone cash grab, reliant on shitty pay2win tactics and lots of Micro Transactions.

But that seems unlikely, since there are many things suggesting otherwise:

• it is the first side series Pokémon game to feature main series Player Characters designs since Stadium (the new boy and girl could've easily been the main protagonists of SwSh).
  • The game is based around the concept of the Pokémon World Tournament from BW2. Which was a feature oriented towards dedicated longtime fans, not casuals.
  • Ken Sugimori is the man behind this game
  • It is the first side series game to feature popular main series characters of all generations, like Steven, Cynthia or Diantha, as opposed to only Kanto ones.
So I think Pokémon Masters will be a closer experience to the main series games than any other side game/spin-off has ever been.

Last edited:
I decided to list my favourite things to do, in my favourite game: Emerald.

In order of preference:

1. Battle Dome: it just makes you feel famous and cool and important.
  2. Battle Arena: cool 3 turn battles, force you to think.
  3. Battle Pyramid: battling and exploration, perfect mix. Feels rewarding.
  4. Battle Tower: the classic battle experience. You even have your own apprentice!
  5. Secret Bases: it feels so cosy and relaxing to design your own space.
  6. Contests: best side feature imo
  7. Pokémon Trainer Fan Club: it's just so cool that your victories increase the amount of fans you have. It really makes you feel like a star!
  8. You also get calls of your friends telling you how they've learned about your recent victories. It's just a detail that makes the world feel connected.
  9. Gym Leaders call to have rematches.
  10. Exploring Hoenn is always a pleasure.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom