• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need my breaks as I'm a busy man and when I do have time I tend to play video games and forget about updating.
I realize a host should be more active, but I also can't make that commitment to be consistant more often than not, but as a player I'm even worse, hence why I only host these days and when I do play I tend to sub out for petty reasons
I know I'm going to die anyways but could I still get answers. I've been waiting for them since I got on yesterday.

@DrumBeats btw. Not a slip up. I just hate people not giving reasoning behind suspicion or reasons for voting. It helps no one especially in a hammer game. I hate it even more when I have to push for it. What good will it do anyone to keep it to yourself? None. Especially since you never know what can happen in a Mafia game. And considering I've been killed twice as cop in games by town members with killing roles- I know this better than anyone. Jair wanted you to know for future games.

Have we not heard from Midorikawa about her action last night?

V-V-V-Votals 3.1

Midorikawa (4):
FinalArcadia, Hellcrow, Drumbeats, Leggo (L-2)
Hellcrow (1): Sunsette
Voteless (5): Everyone Else

With 10 players alive, 6 yields a Phase-ending Hammer. Phase ends in 4 hours and 25 minutes.

I need my breaks as I'm a busy man and when I do have time I tend to play video games and forget about updating.
I realize a host should be more active, but I also can't make that commitment to be consistant more often than not, but as a player I'm even worse, hence why I only host these days and when I do play I tend to sub out for petty reasons

You have a Skype message to respond to.

Last edited:
I went to bed last night and right now I'm at work. I have a life. The phase doesn't end until 11ish est time. Which means there is no need to rush because people have lives. I haven't heard from MCH and I've been checking like crazy.
I was under the impression that the phase ended at 11 AM PDT, and I wasn't going to be c-around-um for EoD. I did still have my doubts after told us about having info, but I didn't want to allow a hammer before we had a chance to hear the new information. With what I thought was less than 2 hours left, and me having to leave, I had to weigh the probopality of you appearing with genuine info in those 2 hours against that of you being scum taking me for a rube-y by stalling for another no-lynch given the information and arguments at hand.

Sorry about my Latin Caps. I'm getting it all of Wikipedia and Google translate. I don't know what I'm doing.

I can't find the video now, but I remember last year my teacher showed us a video as to why not to use Google Translate, especially for latin. Basically it showed that some sentences can have totally different meanings because latin relies so much on context for translation, and, being a computer, Google Translate can't do that.

Last edited:
Night 3: Got The Fluffy One
the town finally decided on a target, and found out that the target in particular couldn't speak for himself.
he was fluffy on the outside, but mafia on the inside.
either way once he died, there was much rejoicing.

but now it is night and the mafia isn't out yet!
*cue the spoopy music*
Dear Midorikawa, you are Sackboy from the Littlebigplanet series
Littlebigplanet-psp-box.jpg

you play, crate, and share. you saved littlebigpanet, craftworld, bunkum, and countless licensed properties as DLC, however the Elieson virus has infected you.

you don't sleep because imagination doesn't sleep either, so at night, you can watch the other players to find out what they did that night

In short, you are the mafia watcher

Post Restriction: you do your talking through the narration of stephen fry, so you should talk in third person.

You are allied with the MAFIA. You win you outnumber or equal the town.
Midorikawa was lynched, she was Sackboy, a mafia watcher

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3, YOU MAY BEGIN USING ACTIONS
PHASE ENDS 24 HOURS FROM NOW BUT ENDS EARLY IF ALL ACTIONS ARE SUBMITTED.

Last edited:
I can't find the video now, but I remember last year my teacher showed us a video as to why not to use Google Translate, especially for latin. Basically it showed that some sentences can have totally different meanings because latin relies so much on context for translation.

I know. I used to do Italian xD

Sorry I didn't vote guys, but we didn't need it anyway. I haven't voted at all actually. Now the question is, who is the next one, and how many are there?

Whoops I missed EoD, though I had a couple hours. Damn time zones.

Glad to hear Mido was mafia, that's one down.

@Elementar in a 12 player game I would assume the max mafia would be 4.

Revisiting the roles list I put up earlier:

Town:
Miller - CapsFan
Miller - Drumbeats
Tracker - Final Arcadia
Announcer - Zexy (dead)
Announcer - Unknown player
Courier - leetic (dead)
Restless Spirit - Leggo

Mafia:
Midorikawa was a watcher that functioned as a Tracker, wtf?

Still 4 roles left to claim, 5 people total since I don't know for sure who the second Announcer is. Of those 5 players, I would say there is a good chance at least 2 of them are mafia.

Those yet to claim are myself (jdthebud), Crystal Onix, Elementar, Hellcrow, and Sunsette.

There could still be a mafia within the people who have claimed. It's a possible scenario, although unlikely.

I know, that's why I said a good chance of 2. Probably 3, but it's not 100%.

I think I can read a bit of Latin since I took French and Spanish and know a bit Italian.

I spent the day studying for class, yes.
I suggest setting a clock or something that can tracks time near you when you're playing video games, so you can keep track of time.

If you need to, you might want to set an alarm or a timer to check on the game every once in a while.
There could still be a mafia within the people who have claimed. It's a possible scenario, although unlikely.
It can be possible.

I doubt that we're going to get more claims in the future due to lack of private communication which means no mass claiming.

Plus, what if there was a Doctor or another power role in this game? They'd be in danger if they claimed in public.

So it's best to keep one's eyes open especially at the ones who
623MS.png
in the shadows.

Sometimes, I get Tracker and Watcher mixed up too which is why I tend to look them up.

1:25 AM post and I've noticed that a lot of Ghost Pokémon have nice smiles

Gathered up Midorikawa's posts so we can see if there's anything we can use from them, here they are under the spoiler. For ones that are in response to someone else but its not clear who it was without context, I've noted who she was talking to.

Vote: FinalArcadia

She's scum often enough. And Midorikawa just felt like having the first vote.

Midorikawas vote on FA is bad logic because it wasn't serious.

Do Midorikawa and and everyone know positively that Mafia don't have lost restrictions? Midorikawa doesn't see why they would need to fake it if they have them.

Lord of the rings was a big game and had some unique roles and mechanics. remember the council at the end? Midorikawa wouldn't compare it to this.Thus two Miller claims in a small game is strange.

@DrumBeats @TheCapsFan are you just a normal Miller or is there more to your role?
The 1st para is in response to Crystal Onix, the 2nd to me, and the 3rd to Zexy.

@returnofMCH btw Midorikawa didn't see any rules on claiming in the opening rules. Is name and role claiming allowed or just role?

Midorikawa actually has nothing interesting to say because she was waiting on Caps response. She has nothing for once because there is nothing.
Though she can try.

@TheCapsFan Who do you town read? Why do you townread them? Do you have any actual reasoning behind your vote on Midorikawa?

@DrumBeats You really jumped on Zexy for asking someone who's famous for wallposts to post. Do you truly think that's strange or are you grasping at straws?

And there is a but flying by Midorikawa's pc in the dark. It's so annoying.

UNVOTE: FinalArcadia
The 1st para was in response to Zexy.

Not true. Caps is voting Midorikawa and he has one vote still on him I think.
This was in response to leetic.

Midorikawa seconds this @Zexy

If Midorikawa suddenly makes a mistake with the vote count then is she town too?
This was Midori agreeing with Sunsette that making a vote mistake doesn't indicate town.

You still didn't answer Midorikawa's other question. Also what do you think of Zexy calling leetic town due to a mistake?
And Midorikawa meant bug not but!!!

@Zexy Midorikawa disagrees with you. It's easy to make that kind of mistake look genuine. It was a playful post, and considering players like MIdorikawa and ME do posts like that regardless of alignment, it's safe to say it's not alignment indicative and it's strange that you are making it out to be that way.
The 1st para was in response to TheCapsFan.

@Zexy Midorikawa never said being playful is scummy. She said it's not indicative of alignment.

Did Midorikawa teach you nothing in The 100 mafia. Relying on meta will bite you in the butt.

Midorikawa thinks you're probably the safest actually. Killing you just gives a cleared townie if you are one since Midorikawa and everyone don't know how the RNG changed up roles. Hopefully not in anyway to insane. Thus you're better off alive for them.

How would scum know that either? They would have to have a night action that they get immediate results on.

Why Midorikawa? No one had presented evidence against her like they did with Caps, and Caps reason for voting her was literally no reason. It was just a random choice. So why? Show Midorikawa and everyone why she is scummier than Caps.
The 1st para was in response to Zexy, the 2nd to Leggo, the 3rd to TheCapsFan, and the 4th to Zexy.

But why Midorikawa over Caps? Share with everyone so they can use it come the update if they feel they also want to lynch Midorikawa.
This was in response to Zexy.

The fact that you would rather lynch someone who's role you do not know over someone who claimed miller which is an easy mafia fake claim is just strange period. And FA showed why Caps wa not as towny as you are making him out to be. Midorikawa is not blowing anything out of proportions. She doesn't like the lack of reasoning.
This was in response to Zexy.

VOTE: TheCapsFan

FA brought up some interesting points against him, and the idea of him and DB being scumbuddies is interesting as well. Also saying you won't be around for the end of phase and leaving a vote with absolutely no reasoning behind it is just strange, especially when it's on a known active player who usually points out basically everything. Gosh this seems like an OMGUS

@returnofMCH so only hammering works right? Thus if the phase ends with one person having like one vote more than another, it's still a no lynch right?

Thus @TheCapsFan Did you remember the hammering rule or did you think that it was normal voting rules? Be honest please.

@Pikochu Why does leggo calling leetic and Zexy scumbuddies look scummy? Please explain.

@jdthebud That theory is part of the reason to suspect Caps, and of course there is also the possibility of one being scum and fakeclaiming miller. Imagine if one of them is a bomb or just wants to avoid possible copchecks. Most of all with no idea of what role could be what alignment, everyone needs to answer to everything. Caps still has things he did that comes off as scummy, and he should answer to that. By that Midorikawa means reply, not get lynched unless he gives everyone more reasons to lynch him.

That's just WIFOM. He protected leetic, this if leetic is scum why would he kill him. That's not evidence of leetics alignment at all.
This was in response to Crystal Onix.

That makes it an easier claim for him actually. Having experience means you can have an easier time getting away with a fake claim like that since you know exactly the normal reaction. An experienced player can generally talk their way out of it better than a new one.

Well there isn't that much to read through. And really there should be enough for you to give your thoughts on. It's a Hammer game. We need activity not being lost. Otherwise the mafia will win because town never kills them and they get a kill every night.
The 1st para was in response to Sunsette, the 2nd to Hellcrow.

Does this imply that you believe that those of us voting him are doing it only because he claimed miller?
This was in response to jdthebud.

No one's hammering anything. It's only three votes and this game is disturbingly inactive.

Midorikawa hopes this doesn't become a Bible Mafia 2.0
This was in response to DrumBeats.

Midorikawa asked him to explain his reasons for preferring one person over another. If it had been any other name then she still would have done the same. Midorikawa hates showing suspicion or the like on anyone with no explanation because it helps no one.

Midorikawa realizes how that can sound, but that's just the word choice she chose. IT's awkward as heck writing in third person, and outside of that she was just pushing for him to answer her questions. As she said above, she hates lack of reasoning, and she hates her questions going unanswered.

Did Midorikawa claim to have voted? No. Difference is Caps voted with absolutely no reasoning, and gave no explanation outside of it being random, and then disappeared for the end of the phase. And honestly Midorikawa almost voted as she forgot about the hammer rule and was going to vote Caps then. But she hates voting someone who can't defend themselves. So she chose not to vote because there wasn't anyone else that stuck out to her.

FA's vote was on Caps at the end of the day.

Midorikawa missed leetic's my bad.

Thus that means you were voting under the impression that your vote could lead to a lynch. Midorikawa is known for her wallposts and being active and asking questions, thus taking her out would help mafia since more posts could go unnoticed.

Being aware of when you'll be around and what effect your vote can have is important. Not being careful with it can hurt town.

Not once actually. You said Midorikawa was random but she doesn't remember seeing you explain how. If she's wrong then please show her and everyone else these 200 times.
All of these lines/paras except the last 4 were in response to DrumBeats; the last 4 were in response to TheCapsFan.

UNVOTE: TheCapsFan

Midorikawa doesn't want to risk someone hammering before there has been enough discussion. There is still like 24 hours left so we have time to talk this out. Caps is not off the hook with her though.

If this a rule then I probably broke it multiple times already.

@Elementar How would any of us know of an item that can do that unless someone has it and wishes to come out, which since they haven't yet, they most likely don't plan on coming out soon.
The 1st part is in response to Leggo.

I noticed soemone voted Hellcrow during the day phase. I don't really remember a case being shown (I'm also really tired though so...), but here are his posts so people can decide for themselves.

I said I'm half asleep. so I wasn't sure :p

Also MCH can't fix that since only mods can edit posts not their own.

Fixed for you :p
The last part is in response to Crystal Onix.

@Leggo CO was asking for him to fix their post not for the host to fix their own post. MCH isn't a mod so he literally cannot edit any posts but his own.

Also your skills will come back. Heck look at me. I somehow won my first game back after my own long break.

@FinalArcadia actually for all we know they are scum buddies and they did that to either try to clear leetic or just to make themselves look different alignments in case one dies, the other can avoid suspicion. Its really not enough evidence to decide they're not both Mafia.

@Elementar FA is one of the most active players in this game actually. And honestly probably the most towniest. How do you even read her as null?

There could also be an item that works like a role.
This was in response to Leggo.

YES MIDORIKAWA USED AN ACTION LAST NIGHT BECAUSE SHE'S A WATCHER!!!

Sheesh. Midorikawa watched leetic last night because with leetic's role being thought to be a courier, I thought regardless of being subbed out, it might be good to watch. And just for everyone's information Midorikawa watched TheCapsFan night one. No one visited him. I won't say the results for leetic currently, because...I'm confirming something with the host. He told me leetic visited no one...which is weird because I'm a watcher. I'll gladly tell you the results once I hear back from the host.

By the way FA-Watcher item right? :p since item claiming is against the rules, you obviously can't confirm this, but I know you implied it before. Which is why I mentioned that there might be items like roles. (The closest I've ever gotten to a softclaim)
This was in response to me.

Also in case anyone is curious as to why I'm only now replying-I just got on as I was at work and definitely too busy to check bmg at all.

I'm still waiting. Not sure if anyone else noticed this but frustratingly enough MCH isn't the most active host -_-

I'm called and insomniac too. Though it is as a watcher. I actually had to remind MCH to give me my results night one. Though I'm also called town watcher in my role. I get watcher results not tracker because it said no one visited caps night one.

Also by your logic we should have lunged one of the millers. Or just because millers are essentially useless roles they can be the same alignment.

I don't know yet!!! I'm still waiting for a clarification from MCH. I don't even know if my role can see the night kill.

I went to bed last night and right now I'm at work. I have a life. The phase doesn't end until 11ish est time. Which means there is no need to rush because people have lives. I haven't heard from MCH and I've been checking like crazy.
The 1st part is in response to jdthebud, the 2nd to me, the 3rd to DrumBeats, and the fourth to Crystal Onix.

I know I'm going to die anyways but could I still get answers. I've been waiting for them since I got on yesterday.

@DrumBeats btw. Not a slip up. I just hate people not giving reasoning behind suspicion or reasons for voting. It helps no one especially in a hammer game. I hate it even more when I have to push for it. What good will it do anyone to keep it to yourself? None. Especially since you never know what can happen in a Mafia game. And considering I've been killed twice as cop in games by town members with killing roles- I know this better than anyone. Jair wanted you to know for future games.

Aren't I hammered?

There was actually a confusion. I though I was a watcher and was using my role as such, but like FAs it functions as a tracker role. I did not know this.

@Elieson I'm hammered. FA, DB, Leggo, Hellcrow, CRystal Onix, and TheCapsfan. CO uncorked at one point and then recited. My phone is butchering this post. But at six.
--------

I'd say that TheCapsFan looks pretty good from these interactions, and I'm thinking he's town (sorry for trying to lynch you earlier btw). Crystal Onix also I think comes across well because they interacted quite a bit and it doesn't seem like scumbuddies trying to act. DrumBeats I'm leaning town because he one of the earliest people to suspect Midori and had a pretty long post doing so, and I don't know why he'd risk that as scum because it had some compelling points. I'm leaning town on Leggo too because a) restless spirit b) Midori really seemed to not want to acknowledge that both Leggo and leetic were likely not working together as scum; this was before leetic died and she might have wanted leetic dead to make Leggo look bad, I dunno. Also Leggo hasn't struck me as scummy anyway.

jdthebud I've got a null read on, could go either way, but if I absolutely had to choose, I'd say I lean toward him being town more than scum.

Hellcrow doesn't look super great here, because Midori never gave much opinion on him (instead she reposted all his posts... but gave no commentary of her own on them? seems really weird) and just in general we have little to go on for reading him, which is a problem. He did vote Midori fairly early, but he seemed to leave an opening for taking the vote off if things worked out. Sunsette I also find a bit scummy in that they disappeared after Midori started getting votes, despite saying things looked bad for Midori. Also seems to just come and go in general.

Elementar
is a big scumread of mine at this point. Here he said he had a hard time making scumreads, which seems like a way that mafia could avoid taking sides. In this post, he seems to try hard to be neutral again, this time toward Sunsette. He also seemed to really want to avoid lynching Midori. As seen here:

Elementar said:
As for me on the Mido thing, I'm going to wait until she does get to provide her reasoning. It could have been anything, but it still doesn't look too good at all. It all depends on if we believe her story or not.
Elementar said:
jd, I think you should re-evaluate your read on me if it was one of Piko's posts that you got a vibe on.

Thankfully I halted my vote on Mido, because that seems like a reasonable claim. I might hold onto my vote. HC is really hard to read at the moment, and I believe Mido's claim, so both wagons aren't really ideal for me.
The first post sounds like trying to sound like he finds Midori suspicious (yet apparently not enough to vote at any point) but also being ready to move on if the tide changed and Midori had been able to defend herself to the point votes went off. The second is again super neutral. Neither wagon was preferable to him... but he didn't try to make a case on anyone else? And instead he just never voted. At that point in the game, we had never successfully gotten a lynch at all, and that he seemed unconcerned with the potential for another no lynch is very troubling. And then after Midori flipped scum:

Elementar said:
Sorry I didn't vote guys, but we didn't need it anyway. I haven't voted at all actually. Now the question is, who is the next one, and how many are there?
It's easy to say that we "didn't need it anyway" in hindsight, and I don't get his intent in saying he hasn't voted at all in the game. I think Elementar is trying to skate along without taking sides, and that is very scummy to me.

-----
So anyway, this post is way longer than I thought it'd be lol. But yeah, figured I better throw out a read list now in case I get killed or something.

Had a bit of an emergency yesterday morning and was not home all day. Sorry about that, reading to get caught up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom