• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY HI HELLO I AM BACK TO MY USUAL SELF AND I'M SURE YOU ALL MISSED ME VERY, VERY MUCH.

OBLIGATORY "YAY WE DID A GOOD LYNCH". FINALARCADIA IS PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED TOWN OR PRO-TOWN INDEP BARRING SOME KIND OF FACTION CHANGE SHENANIGANS, AND I'VE GOT TOWN READS ON CRYSTAL ONIX, LEGGO AND THE MILLERS. JD I'M MOSTLY NULL ON; HE'S NOT RINGING ANY ALARM BELLS AT THE MOMENT, AT LEAST.

HELLCROW STILL LOOKS SCUMMY TO ME SINCE EVEN IF THEY'RE PLAYING TO A POST RESTRICTION THEY HAVEN'T OFFERED MUCH OF SUBSTANCE EVEN WITH THE VOTE ON MIDORIKAWA. ELEMENTAR HAS ME CONFUSED WITH THE INSINUATIONS THAT I'M BEING DEFENSIVE, SINCE ALL I DID WAS OFFER AN EXPLANATION IN RESPONSE TO THEIR QUESTIONING WHY I WAITED TO SAY I'D RECEIVED A MESSAGE. COULD BE AN ATTEMPT TO PUSH SUSPICION ON ME, IDK.

I was being honest in not being able to make scum reads. I'm not trying to avoid it. I really want to get some of them.

About the Mido thing, I wanted to hold onto my vote incase I couldn't post again and I wanted to see their defense. I did get to post again (thankfully), but I don't like voting for someone when I haven't heard their defense. I heard their defense, and I fell for it.

Day 4: BWAHAHAHAHA Suckers
the mafia chose their target, but something prevented them from killing it completely, namely the target's persistence on killing a certain Italian plumber...
also an announcement arose:
Announcement: It's your friendly neighborhood announcer again! Awesome work on the lynch, everyone! Hopefully we're upearly enough catch them again, as the saying goes. I have a feeling we will be!
mparty4_bowser.jpg

You always kidnap the princess with increasingly elaborate plans, and end up losing to mario.

despite falling into a black hole, becoming a living skeleton, exploding with the sun, falling into lava countless times, came out of an erupting volcano, etc, YOU. JUST. WILL. NOT. DIE. as such when you get lynched, you can still post in thread.

In short, you are the Restless Spirit.

Post Restriction: try being as hammy as possible, as you are one of gaming's first major examples of being a Large ham.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all threats to the town are removed.
sunsette died, she was bowser, the restless spirit
IT IS NOW DAY 4, YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.
SUNSETTE'S POST RESTRICTION HAS BEEN REMOVED, BUT CAN STILL TALK.
WITH 9 PLAYERS ALIVE, 5 IS NEEDED FOR A HAMMER.

Wow, I guess there really are two of each role then? Two restless spirits for town might be kinda OP, makes me wonder about Leggo a bit. This also means that there almost certainly is a 2nd courier and that Sunsette really had received a message, but if so, did anyone receive a message on D2?

But anyway, for now...

VOTE: Elementar

In addition to being a scumread of mine even before this phase began, I know that you visited Sunsette last phase. Like with Midorikawa, that leads me to believe that you nightkilled Sunsette, maybe to invoke WIFOM as to why Sunsette was killed (since she was pretty much the only person you had seemed to find suspicious in-thread)

Time for a claim. I'm the Inventor.
I was trying to give Sunsette an item last night, before they died. I did not kill them.

I was trying to give Sunsette an item last night, before they died. I did not kill them.
Why Sunsette though? You said you found some of their behavior suspicious last day phase. Do you get to choose an item specifically?

@Sunsette What do you think about Leggo?

Is it the end of the phase now?

A bit eager to get to the lynch, I see?

I started off with my item, it was not given to me. It was later removed though.

@Sunsette What do you think about Leggo?
As I've mentioned before, Leggo is a townread for me. They've been active and helpful so far, and I haven't had any reason to doubt that they're another Restless Spirit.

I believe everyone began with an assigned item and could then use or trade them during the night phase. Dunno what the probability of an inventor who could create new items would be or how useful such a role would be, given that you'd have little way of knowing whether someone used up their previous item or not.

I also started the game with an item, but I completely forgot we were supposed to pass it on so it was destroyed N1. ;-;

Updated role claim list!

Town:
Miller - CapsFan
Miller - Drumbeats
Tracker - Final Arcadia
Announcer - Zexy (dead)
Announcer - Unknown player
Courier - leetic (dead)
Restless Spirit - Leggo
Restless Spirit - Sunsette (confirmed)
Inventor - Elementar

Mafia:
Midorikawa was a watcher that functioned as a Tracker, wtf?

Now 2 roles left to claim, 3 people total.

Those yet to claim are myself (jdthebud), Crystal Onix, and Hellcrow.

Elementar's role claim of Inventor makes sense given that there is no cop or doctor in this setup (insert snarky comment here). I'd be interested in hearing who else he targeted, if he has knowledge of Pikochu's actions (if any). Though I also am a bit puzzled why he would choose Sunsette.

There is now almost a 100% chance that one or more of the claimed roles are either lies or simply mafia aligned. One of those could be Leggo, who is either lying, are could be a mafia aligned Restless Spirit - the presence of a Mafia "watcher" throws traditional role alignments out the window imo. Though I am pretty skeptical of that since I don't really see any benefit of a mafia aligned Restless Spirit.

@FinalArcadia who did you watch last night?

Unless someone else claims to have a similar cop action or the means to distribute them like the Inventor, I'm inclined to believe Elementar's claim, given the miller claims.

However, there is always the chance that TheCapsFan, DB, and Elementar are all mafia and this is their grand plan to fool us all.

Another thought - there could only be 3 total mafia, since there is no doctor or cop, so that could be a balancing mechanic. But it's best to proceed as if there are four.

Given all this information, my FOS is pointed firmly at Hellcrow and Crystal Onix, in that order.

FA watched me @jdthebud. That's why he thought I killed Sunsette. I can't really explain why I tried to give an item to Sunsette until I know whether I can say what the item is.

Also, I did have the opportunity to give it to someone random. That was a choice, so I don't necessarily need to give it to someone specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom