• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. What do you think of Drumbeats and Leggo's D1 claims to be a Miller and Restless Spirit, respectively? Those claims are part of the reason we tried to lynch you last phase.

How would their claims affect me?

Anyway, I think Leggo's claim in convenient, and would save them from lynches, which is the goal as scum. DB's claim was a good counterclaim, and made Caps look worse. But they have since become more scummy than Caps imo, for previously stated reasons.

^^ I don't see how the claims affect him either tbh.

And Elementar, I voted you because FA said that you visited the person who died. Mido did the same thing last time and was scum.

@Elementar I mentioned those claims because you have them as scum reads. Initially I had them as town reads partially because their claims early on D1 didn't seem to be a logical scum play, as at the time they made the claims or nited at them, I did not have the expectation that there would be multiple people with the same role.

I was suspicious of you before FA said you visited Sunsette, so that's why it was part of the reason I voted for you, as both Leggo and Drumbeats were part of the wagon. I probably shouldn't have spoken for the other players though, that's a misspeak on my part.

hinted, not "nited". And my expectation was about having so many duplicate roles.

I know I can be a sight for sore
302MS.png
and be repetitive and I don't know how much people read my posts tbh. Though, I'm sorry if my posts have bad flow.
Leggo - Slight scum lean. Wanted to vote for HC, but voted for me anyway because why not? That was the only reasoning I found, so they seem to be sheeping a bit.
The reason why I was sheeping was because this is a hammer game so in order to get a lynch, we need a majority vote.

I don't know if you'd been paying attention, but us not being all on the same page in regards to who to vote for didn't get us anywhere in the first three day phases, iirc.

Sure, we all would like to save as much townies as possible, but we can't as mafia could NK us at any moment.

What doesn't help us are the suspicions on who is mafia and who is not especially on those who are scummy.

Sometimes, it's more detrimental to keep players one is not sure about around as they could be possible mafia.

Plus, I've seen a lot of times that we do not know unless we've tried as in seeing how so and so flips.
I have provided some evidence, but it gets turned down pretty quickly. Honestly, no one really listens to the guy who is everyone's main scum read. If I said I thought someone was mafia, would anyone actually switch from me to them?
It really depends on one's playstyle, tbh. Like I know someone who's really good at manipulation, so they're able to talk their way out of someone suspecting them as mafia.

Regarding your case, it is kind of hard to do as one cannot item claim. Plus, I'll give you a benefit of a doubt, but there has been times where mafia could say anything and one can be willing to believe them. Thus, it's better to be on one's toes.
Also, I've been holding onto my votes because this is a hammer game. I didn't want to hammer unless I heard Mido's explanations, and I didn't feel the need to vote.
Didn't feel the need to vote? Here comes
094MMS.png
of Passion

I cannot stress enough how important it is to vote. Day phases are the time when we have the power to use that vote to help us in our quest of getting the mafia. If you're neglecting to vote, you're not helping (especially those who haven't voted last day phase). Voting helps with activity as a vote speaks volumes and might help with discussion. From voting, we can see one's opinions and stuff.

Votes help bring change. That's how much votes can bring.

However, we are dealing with needing majority votes. As said in the beginning of this post, if we don't band together and rise to a common cause of voting for a common person, we're stuck and we're left at the same place.

Lynching someone helps us single out who is really mafia if the last person we lynched was not mafia.

We need to get somewhere as I can be sure that the mafia might be after one of best townies atm and so-and-so being eliminated and us not taking action and being active doesn't help us.

This is why the mafia usually goes after active players like they did with Zexy. No activity means no getting anywhere.

Thus, seize the day phase.
Additionally, I didn't want to get on someone's bad side during the last day phase. That could have put the nail in the coffin, because a HC vote was too easy and everything else would have been hard to pull off.
Regarding not wanting to get on anyone's bad side could be viewed as scummy tbh as you don't want to be viewed as scummy if you can see what I'm saying.

In my point of view, you'd look more town if you were willing to say anything even if it might hurt you later or maybe it's just my case.

This is mafia where anyone can point a finger at another and say they find someone scummy for doing a tiny thing or making a mistake, tbh.

You might say that the Hellcrow campaign was too easy, but do we have other suspects that we can really think of that we can really suspect as mafioso?

We don't have private communication, so we don't know if Hellcrow aligns.

Hellcrow keeping a low profile is very scummy as it is a very usual thing for mafia to keep a low profile to not stand out. However, he is standing out by not posting much. Plus, he didn't bother to post in Day 1.
We do not know if he has a good reason for not posting much like the possibility of having a power role, we do not know.

Day 5: Nuke Nukers who Nuke

Blah blah flavor makes sense. With Muhhamad Ali dying..>Ghandi kicking the bucket< was only due to happen soon too.

Meaning...Ghandi? Kicking? That can't be him!!

And thus, Ghandi died as he lived. Strangely but full of honor and misunderstanding.

Drumbeats has been killed. He was...

Dear DrumBeats, You are Ghandi as portrayed in Sid Meier's Civilization
civ1.png

unlike the IRL version, instead of fighting peacefully, you are VERY fond of nukes. to the point you can get a level 12 nuke in civ V as a CPU, whereas the max a human player can get is 10.

your love of nuclear weapons makes you very suspicious, to the point people people wonder if you're one of the infected, and cop checks will show you as MAFIA

In short, you are the Miller.

If you have any type of group/factional communication methods, it will be mentioned here. Unfortunately, you do not have a role that provides this ability.

Post Restriction: try saying peaceful words of wisdom... until you're provoked, then go batshit crazy.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all threats to the town are removed.

Also, the loudspeakers made horrible feedback sounds, but you were able to make out a little bit of this...weird, repeating message.

It's your friendly neighborhood announcer again! Awesome work on the lynch, everyone! Hopefully we're upearly enough catch them again, as the saying goes. I have a feeling we will be!

What an uninteresting looped message. I prefer Denning's This is a message from Lord Nergal. We await you on Dread Isle. This is a mes... you get the point!

It's now Day 5. Day 5 ends in 48 hours (12p CST aka GMT-6). Sunsette does not count as living, and therefore, with 7 alive, 4 votes yields a Phase-Ending Hammer.

If ##EndHammer is voted for by 4 or more players, we will lift the mandatory Hammer for the remainder of the game.

Well, I don't know that that NK tells us anything aside from the fact that DrumBeats was telling the truth. Also, has Hellcrow posted at all in the last 2-3 phases?

Well, I don't know that that NK tells us anything aside from the fact that DrumBeats was telling the truth. Also, has Hellcrow posted at all in the last 2-3 phases?
Last time he posted was during the Midorikawa lynch I think. I received a message from him this phase though, or at least I'm 99% positive its him. To paraphrase, it is essentially "keep going because its almost over, but which side is it almost over for?" Not sure what to make of that at the moment.

@Elementar Did you end up giving an invention to anyone?

Also, ##EndHammer

If we can't come up with any better leads, I'd advocate a lynch on Hellcrow (once again) because he's barely been active and is pinging a few peoples' scumdars.

If we get rid of the Hammer, will that mean that plurality on votes leads to a lynch?

I'd like to hear from Elementar, he said he could prove he was not mafia.

It's interesting that Drumbeats was a scumread for Elementar, then was killed the next night. Thoughts on that?

Sorry I was gone all of yesterday. I got kicked out of my apartment for the day about stuff that was going on in my bathroom.
June 8: While I was in class, a guy from the fire sprinkler company comes out to replace the building's sprinklers He replaces most of mine, except one right outside the bathroom, which he sort of tried replacing, but says he's uncomfortable replacing at the moment because of issues with the pipe behind it. I get some sleep, and 8 hours later I wake up and find my bathroom ceiling leaking profusely and a large puddle on the floor. I go tell the people working at the lobby, and a couple hours later, maintenance comes up, cuts a large hole in the ceiling (which if you read about the last time I had a huge hole in the bathroom ceiling, makes me incredibly uncomfortable) and they duct tape the leak. The building's fire sprinkers are turned off for the night.

June 9: The guy from the fire sprinkler company comes again while I'm in class. A second hole is cut into the ceiling, dust from cutting winds up everywhere in the bathroom and part of my bedroom. The pipe is replaced and the water to the fire sprinklers turned back on. Later, a note is put on my door telling me to be out by 8AM on June 10. Like WTF, I'm being evicted? Why? Talking to the guy working the lobby clears it up: I'm not being evicted, but I will need to be out on June 10 to let maintenance do some work and fix some electrical fire hazards that whoever wired this apartment created.

June 10: I'm out all day like they told me. They put an electrical box around the wires in question, then leave the blinds on my front door (front doors in this building are sliding glass doors) wide open for anyone to look in and either be nosy or figure out what they'd like to break in and take. I feel very unsafe now.

June 11: This is how my bathroom ceiling looks now:
HNI_0092.JPG
Anyway, the sediments to I came into this post with, before everyone else also strata'd started expressing them:
@Elementar, what's the proof that you're not mafia, that you pumiced us?

If we get rid of the Hammer, will that mean that plurality on votes leads to a lynch?

I'd like to hear from Elementar, he said he could prove he was not mafia.

It's interesting that Drumbeats was a scumread for Elementar, then was killed the next night. Thoughts on that?

Removing the Hammer Requirement reverts the lynch ruling to "The player with the most votes on them by phase end will be lynched. End of phase Ties mean No Lynch. HYPER-Majority (2/3+1%) will yield phase ending hammer for player convenience."

I didn't send an item out last night because I only have one left and I was really busy. May you please quote when I said I could prove I wasn't mafia, because that would be very hard to do.

I didn't send an item out last night because I only have one left and I was really busy. May you please quote when I said I could prove I wasn't mafia, because that would be very hard to do.
That post Sunsette quoted. The fact that you're changing your position regarding your prom-ice makes you look lodes scummier than before, and you must've known when you made that promise that you wouldn't look any less scummy for it unless you could actually provide the proof that you weren't scum. Also, if you really were a town inventor, knowing we were after you and that if nothing changed, we would be likely to try to lynch you again today, so the logical thing to do would be to hand out the last item to an appropriate player, not hang onto it because you only had one left. That wouldn't do anyone any good for you to take the last item with you to the grave. And you were too busy to take a couple minettes then to send it out, but not too busy to keep up with the thread and post acknowledgements and arguments? I'm reading all that as further evidence that you're not the inventor you say you are.

VOTE: Elementar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom