• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Non-Mafia: MCH's Evil Tourney: Final Results (18/1/20)

Part 5: Final Round Begins
Totally won't turn evil and destroy you all
Reaction score

Back at the harbour a Lopunny leapt high into the air towards a Charizard.

“Brutal Swing, Rabbit!” As it reached level with Charizard, the Lopunny began to spin rapidly, the fluff on its ears wrapped in a dark energy as they rose into a T-shape and slammed into Charizard.

“Burse, Dragon Claw!” Recovering from the blows, Charizard dived downwards in pursuit of Rabbit, as it had already begun its descent from the drop. As Rabbit landed on the docks, Burse caught up and raked its green glowing claws across the Lopunny’s face. “Brick Break!” Raising its other arm in the air, Burse’s fist glowed white and brought it down on the still recoiling Rabbit’s head.

“Back up! Shadow Ball!” Forming a dark sphere of crackling energy between its hands and pushing it forward into Burse’s chest, Rabbit then quickly strode backwards in an attempt to create some distance.

“Chase it down! Flamethrower!” Burse opened its mouth and spewed a stream of flame towards Rabbit.

“Jump!” Rabbit’s trainer shouted, and their Pokemon responded by leaping high into the air. “I’d prefer not to blow this surprise before the last round,” they muttered to themselves, pulling something out from their cloak, “and it’s especially risky in a match like this, but it looks like I’m going to need it to win...” The trainer held aloft a small wand with a rainbow coloured gem embedded in the tip, the gem glowing with a pink energy. “Untouchable agility! Unstoppable kicks!” They proclaimed. The pink energy from the wand lanced through the air and into a cream stone containing a swirl of multiple shades of brown embedded in a belt, hanging loosely around Rabbit’s waist, as it flipped at the apex of its jump. “Rabbit! It’s time to mega evolve!” From the stone, large bundles of off-white energy, shaped like balls of fluff began to sprout over Rabbit’s body, quickly obscuring the Lopunny from view entirely. After a few moments, the energy popped and revealed Rabbit striking a midair pose, having transformed into the Normal and Fighting Type Mega Lopunny. “High Jump Kick!” Angling itself through the air, Rabbit extended its leg and dropped straight down towards Burse slamming its heel into Burse’s head. “Return!” Pivoting on its toes as it landed, Rabbit spun around and landed another hard kick into Burse’s midsection, sending it stumbling back.

“Fire Spin, Burse!” Burse exhaled a stream of fire at Rabbit’s feet that erupted into a small cyclone of flame that encircled Rabbit and trapped it in place. Breathing heavily, Burse happily took the moment of reprieve that the Fire Spin had afforded. “Into the air, Burse!” Burse spread its wings, and rocketed skyward with a single mighty flap.

“Jumping Thunder Punch!” Rabbit once again leapt vertically into the air and out of the Fire Spin. Its fist began to crackle with electricity as it shot upward.

“Air Slash!” Burse raised its claw to the sky, before slashing the air and creating a bright blue wave that tore through the air and into Rabbit. Its momentum lost from the impact; Rabbit began to fall towards the ground. “Flamethrower!” Burse shot a stream of flame from its mouth at the descending Rabbit. As Rabbit landed on the ground and readied its legs for another leap, its was impacted with the full force of the Flamethrower. Rocketing upwards, Rabbit burst from the flames. However, as it drew level with Burse, its eyes had glazed over, pushed past its limit by the fire it had leapt through. “Brick Break!” Burse once more slammed its whit glowing fist into Rabbit’s head, sending it plummeting back down into the pavement. Rabbit lied on the ground motionless for a moment, before the last of its strength left it and its mega evolved form popped away in a puff of fluff.

“Well, well, well,” Rabbit’s trainer said, “I’d like to say that this was unexpected, but honestly things were rather set by the time we’d reached our last Pokemon. Though I must say, I never expected to see you of all people participating.”

“Wha- Does everyone here know who I am!?” Burse’s trainer shouted.

“Hmmm, I’m willing to bet at least a few.”

“Well, I guess they were going to find out sooner or later once I win.” He mused.

“Oho! Confident.”

“Well, if you think you’re gonna lose, then you already have. Buuuuuuuuut… If you know who I am, then the least you could do is give me your name in return.”

“Nice try.” Rabbit’s trainer said, chuckling. “I’m not that dumb. Anyway, this should be interesting to watch. Farewell.” They turned and walked away.

jdthebud has lost their battle!
Hi there jdthebud, you are hellcrow, or whatever he calls himself these days!

A renowned former player of The War Room, you have hosted games with MCH before, but your constant changing of usernames and avatars symbolize your truly chaotic nature, hence why you signed up for this tourney for more chaos.

With pokemon based off 3 of your past usernames, You feel you can wipe the floor of the competition without trying and show these losers what it's like for crows in hell!

Rabbit (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Fake Out
  • Return
  • High Jump Kick
  • Ice Punch
Hellcrow (Honchkrow) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Tailwind
  • Sucker Punch
  • Night Slash
  • Drill Peck
Rose (Roserade) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Giga Drain
  • Energy Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Dazzling Gleam

“…Dammit.”

<Insert match 2 here>
Snowy has lost their battle!
Hi there, Contrainer, you are Elieson!

You've appeared in the BMU multiple times, mostly as a villain via the Elieson virus, and despite becoming staff, you decided you want Bulba all to yourself. As such, you joined MCH in order to further your own goals as a starscream (if you don't know what that is, look it up on Tvtropes or watch Transformers) and plan to use his corrupted state to do so.
Thanks to your other endevours on the Fire Emblem fansite Serenes Forest and a speedrunner of the game Lufia II's bonus mode The Anicent Cave, you have your pokemon themed around as such plus a callback to your most infamous role in a Bulba game to boot.

TFPTSLBOOIA (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
  • Seed Bomb
  • Phantom Force
  • Gyro Ball
  • Synthesis
Canas (Bisharp) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
  • Swords Dance
  • Sucker Punch
  • Night Slash
  • Iron Head
Maxim (Muk-Alola) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
  • Toxic
  • Poison Jab
  • Knock Off
  • Fire Punch

The next night, although most participants were expecting to be cut off from the tournament entirely, 6 users were surprised to see messages in their inbox.
"Greetings, I trust you all are well? I invite you all to The Cave for the final round of this tournament to usher in my true lieutenant. I advise you all to attend."
Uncertain as to the true cause for the summons, all participants involved made their way to the hidden cave to spectate, or alternately participate in, the final match if the tournament.

It's time for the final round!
@ExLight vs @prog rocker
FIGHT!

It is now Round 3. Round 3 will end in one week, or once the battle's replays have been submitted, whichever comes first.
The players are responsible for organising their own time to battle.
Countdown Timer

Reaction score
Well, that works.

Uhhh, final update incoming, I guess.

Part 6: Final Results
Reaction score

FT's gonna take a while since I still haven't finished the last update's. Will post again in thread when done.

ExLight has lost the final battle!
Hi there ExLight, you are Max1996!

You are a minor, though recurring, character in the BMU. You appear mostly in groups scenes as a background character, often giving only one or two lines in response to events transpiring, before focus returns to the main characters of the stories being told. You have had your fair share of moments in the sun, however, most notably during YOU Mafia, where you fought desperately to defend yourself from MCH as he invaded your room to eliminate you, before being defeated. You also appeared in TWR Games Bonanza Mafia, where MegaPod accused you of plagiarising his Capture the Shiny Victini concept, resulting in your being sent to The Lavatory.

You've thrown your lot in with MCH as your way of getting revenge on the section for always being lynched first during mafia games for ridiculous reasons. We'll just see how they like getting lynched, shall we?

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Water Shuriken
  • Scald
  • Dark Pulse
  • Extrasensory
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Giga Drain
  • Energy Ball
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Hidden Power [Electric]
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Dark Pulse
  • Earth Power
  • Flamethrower

Prog Rocker has won the tournament!
Hi there Prog Rocker, you are Lone_Garurumon!

Handsome and skilled, as well as a newly promoted Super Moderator, your appearances in the BMU began once you were hired as an F&G mod, and so all of your appearances to date have been as part of the mod team. From defeating Kyurem with your bare hands, to solving a Scooby Doo style mystery, truly, you are incredible.

You’ve inserted yourself into the MCH case in an attempt to gain intel for the mod team, so that you can more effectively combat this threat that the team has suspected to be brewing for some time. With your unparalleled detective skills on the case, MCH doesn’t stand a chance.

(This role PM was written impartially and without bias, no matter what MCH may tell you.)

Rio (Lucario) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Steadfast
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Bullet Punch
  • High Jump Kick
  • Blaze Kick
  • Zen Headbutt
Burse (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Flamethrower
  • Air Slash
  • Solar Beam
  • Dragon Pulse
Khan (Incineroar) (M) @ Incinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
  • Darkest Lariat
  • Flare Blitz
  • Drain Punch
  • Iron Head

The winner is @prog rocker!
Congratulations to Prog Rocker, and thank you everyone for playing!

Round 1:
DarthWolf vs Exlight: [Gen 7] OU replay: ExLight vs. DarthWolf13 - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Exlight
Max1996 vs Prog Rocker: [Gen 7] OU replay: prog rocker vs. Max1996 - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Prog Rocker
Snowy vs Acrobatic Crobat: [Gen 7] OU replay: AussieEevee vs. Acrobatic Crobat - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Snowy
chibighost vs jdthebud: No replay, decided via coin toss. Winner: jdthebud

Round 2:
Snowy vs ExLight: [Gen 7] OU replay: ExLight vs. AussieEevee - Pokémon Showdown Winner: ExLight
jdthebud vs Prog Rocker: [Gen 7] OU replay: prog rocker vs. jdthebud - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Prog Rocker

Final Round:
Exlight vs Prog Rocker: [Gen 7] OU replay: prog rocker vs. ExLight - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Prog Rocker

So uhhh, as you can probably see from those replays, the balance in this wasn't exactly good, and for that I am very sorry. I really thought that the balance was closer than that. I guess the lesson here is that next time we should run more tests on the teams.

Anyway, question time:
Did you enjoy the game?
I've already given my piece on the balance, but what did you think?
What did you think of the flavour text?
If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
Would you consider participating in a better balanced tournament such as this again?

Reaction score
So you're telling me my final opponent's character was my first opponent?

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes. It was actually more fun that I thought it would be. I also lasted longer than expected.

I'm not a competitive player, so I can't say much here.

I liked it, but I feel we were battling faster than you could write. I blame the fact that I have way too much free time.

Not sure.

Would you consider participating in a better balanced tournament such as this again?
Yes. Again, this was more fun than expected, so I'll be ready to enter another if the chance arrives.

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
Did you enjoy the game?
It was an interesting concept, for sure... but I think it just needed something to be a bit more fun.

I lost to Exlight without so much as a struggle.

Have yet to read it. Sorry.

Better balance? :p And an easier way to copy and paste the settings to Pokemon Showdown.

Yes. As long as you can promise me that I won't get run over like that next time :p

Congrats to Prog Rocker.

Reaction score
Better balance? :p And an easier way to copy and paste the settings to Pokemon Showdown.
That's something I forgot to ask about back then (mostly because I thought it was just my PC): I don't know if it's the formatting in this forum, but every time I copypasted my team it added the Pokémon alright, but the moves didn't get copied. In fact it ended up creating a blank Pokémon named like the first move. It was weird.

Congrats to Prog Rocker.
Thanks.

Bored and Boring
Reaction score
oh yea please put it in a code box next time cuz the moves got screwed
it wasn't anything serious but twas kind of a minor annoyance

I'll give my answers later, kinda busy now

Reaction score
Yeah it's because the forum auto-formatted the text into bullet points, which changed the way things worked into a format that Showdown didn't recognise. Now that I know about it I should be able to avoid it if I do a tournament like this again.

I liked it, but I feel we were battling faster than you could write. I blame the fact that I have way too much free time.
Nah, it's not really your fault. I needed to know won before I could really get it going properly anyway, so I'd always be a bit behind.

Bored and Boring
Reaction score
Did you enjoy the game?
Yea, it was pretty fun
A little too fast tho, makes it a little harder to enjoy it.

Not balanced at all. Yea.
Might want to consult some people that have more experience in the competitive scenario.

It was great!

Larger teams (5 to 6 pokémon), with viable strategies around them (balanced, stall, aggro, ... ).
And maybe make the flavor a bit more loose for balance's sake, as avoiding stuff like too many similar typed mons that can't cover each other weaknesses, or too many one sided types of offenses/defenses.

Hell yea.

Reaction score
Larger teams (5 to 6 pokémon), with viable strategies around them (balanced, stall, aggro, ... ).
And maybe make the flavor a bit more loose for balance's sake, as avoiding stuff like too many similar typed mons that can't cover each other weaknesses, or too many one sided types of offenses/defenses.
If my experience with YGO applies to Pokémon too, then I'm scared of thinking about this one (and much more about receiving that team).

Bored and Boring
Reaction score
If my experience with YGO applies to Pokémon too, then I'm scared of thinking about this one (and much more about receiving that team).
*battle fader flashbacks*
yea it can be a bit frustrating and hard to use
but as long as all the teams are balanced (which honestly is way easier said than done I know oof), it shouldn't be too intimidating

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that was the biggest problem when deciding on Pokemon. We let ourselves get too bogged down in the flavour and balance suffered as a result. We didn't disregard it, but we really didn't regard it as strongly as we should have.