• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MCH's Evil Tourney: Final Results (18/1/20)

It's basically been said already, but indeed, the balance needs some fixing.
Some format change ideas are, as said already, having a full team of 6. Maybe even double battles. You could also go a step further and make it VGC style with double battles but only picking 4 mons.

What was actually the reason for having premade teams?

It's basically been said already, but indeed, the balance needs some fixing.
Some format change ideas are, as said already, having a full team of 6. Maybe even double battles. You could also go a step further and make it VGC style with double battles but only picking 4 mons.

What was actually the reason for having premade teams?
The main reason for pre-made teams was mostly for the flavour, I'm gonna be totally honest. Because the roles were based on users, we tried to theme the teams around those users. But I also think it's interesting to see how people react and adapt to playing with a team they're unfamiliar with.

Also I very much dislike the "have 6 bring X" thing as a concept so if I do this again I'll probably never have a format like that as a personal thing.

The main reason for pre-made teams was mostly for the flavour, I'm gonna be totally honest. Because the roles were based on users, we tried to theme the teams around those users. But I also think it's interesting to see how people react and adapt to playing with a team they're unfamiliar with.

Also I very much dislike the "have 6 bring X" thing as a concept so if I do this again I'll probably never have a format like that as a personal thing.
The concept is really nice and so is working with unfamiliar teams. You have to be careful with balancing them, otherwise you just put balancing in the hands of the players. Another idea is to have a pool of pokemon (still possibly with a theme) and let the players one by one pick a mon to add to their team until all are taken / team is filled.

Back
Top Bottom