• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MCH's Evil Tourney: Final Results (18/1/20)

Part 1: Sign Ups
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
In the far reaches of F&G, well beyond the region that the mods normally bothered to patrol lied a cave set into a hill. Remarkably well hidden by the surrounding foliage, it was the sort of place most people wouldn’t even find, let alone have cause to investigate. On this day however, it was quite the hub of activity.

“I’m sure you’re all wondering why I’ve summoned you all here.” A hooded figure said, addressing the 8 figures assembled there, all wearing similar hooded cloaks to him. The cave was rather dark, helping to obscure the identities of its inhabitants, as well as the décor of the area. Though if one looked hard enough, faint markings of what may once have been a pentagram could be identified on the floor.

“You’re damn right I am!” One of the assembled figures shouted. “You said you were done with me after that amplifier thing!”

“While I may have said something to that effect,” the main hooded figure began, steepling his fingers, “I also know that your particular motivation makes you very intent to please.” The hooded figure who’d spoken out grunted at this comment, but was otherwise silent. The main hooded figure apparently took this silence as his cue to continue.

“The reason I have called you all here is that I have some particular goals for these forums, Fun and Games in particular. The main goal for now is chaos.”

“I think they’re able to do that by themselves, don’t you think?” A different cloaked figure interrupted with a scoff.

“Indeed, I still haven’t gotten all the glitter out of my apartment.” Added another. A third figure winced somewhat at these remarks, knowing exactly what they were talking about as well as their own part in instigating the event.

“While recent events were certainly helpful for my goals, they were unfortunately somewhat mundane as far as events in the section go. My goals require something more substantial. But, in order to achieve this, I am in need of lieutenants.”

“And that’s why you need us.” One of the figures surmised.

“That’s why I need one of you.” The main figure corrected. “Each one of you possess particular aspects that would be of aid to my cause, but I need to be sure of your abilities before committing to anything. And so, I’ve decided, what better way to discern your abilities to give instructions and crush your enemies on a Pokémon forum than with a Pokémon battle tournament?” The figure declared with a flourish. “You will fight trough a series of battles until only one remains, and they shall be my lieutenant. Any questions?” The remaining figures were silent. “Very well then, you may leave. Your first opponents and battle locations will be sent out soon.”
Hello and welcome to MCH's evil tourney to find a commander to fit his rebellion! as the flavor suggests this will be a BMU game using fictionalized versions of bulba users, some of which may not be active anymore.
My co-host and the MoD for this will be @Lone_Garurumon

Now let's lay some ground rules shall we?

1. Use only the provided teams and movesets, failure to do so will result in you being disqualified
  2. We are not responsible for when you fight, set that up yourselves and make certain it's in a time that works for both of you
  3. Send the hosts a replay of the battle so we can confirm who won ourselves. Both players must send the replay.
  4. If it happens there is a tie, keep playing until their isn't.
  5. There is a 2 week deadline for the first 2 rounds, and 1 week for the finals, if you do not submit your replay in by then, we'll have to decide a winner by coin flip and then go from there.
  6. Please keep it civil if you lose, we're all friends here, and all forum rules still apply in the end.
  7. To confirm you've read the rules and agree, please say your favorite BMU game thus far, if you need help there is the archive

1. All players will be randomly assigned one of eight teams of Pokemon made by myself and MCH, who are hopefully all roughly balanced to each other in terms of power.
  2. Players are to take the team provided in the role PM and put it into Pokemon Showdown. Players are to use exactly these Pokemon in exactly the way that they have been given, failure to do so will result in disqualification. The teams should be formatted in a way that you can simply copy-paste the text from the role PM into the Import/Export section of the teambuilder, but if things go wrong in the process, you may have to create them yourself.
  3. Players will then be randomly assigned into pairs, who will battle each other on Showdown using the Pokemon team provided. Players will have two weeks to organise a time to battle between themselves, using Bulba PMs or perhaps something like Discord is highly recommended. The final round will have a 1-week deadline instead of two.
  4. A tie is not a valid result. If the result is a tie, repeat the battle until it is not, battles must continue until a clear winner is decided.
  5. Once the battle has been won, BOTH players must send a link of the battle replay to both hosts (myself and @ReturnofMCH). If no replays are received by the deadline, the winner shall be determined by coin flip. The only exception to this is if a player can provide the hosts with proof that they have attempted to organise a time with their opponent, but that their opponent has not responded. If both players attempted to organise but just never did it, the coin flip method will be used.
  6. The winners will then be paired up for round two, and again for round three. The overall winner of the tournament is the winner of the final battle.

Now that the rules are out of the way, let's get to sign ups!

Players:
1. Max1996
2. @ExLight
3. @Acrobatic Crobat
4. @AussieEevee
5. @chibighost
6. @prog rocker
7. @DarthWolf
8. @jdthebud

Last edited by a moderator:
in
1576630965380.png

EDIT: Right, the game. Prank War Mafia was pretty fun to watch and read.

Last edited:
Ok, so, I'll be putting this into the OP as well for easy access, but the exact way things are going to play out is this:
  1. All players will be randomly assigned one of eight teams of Pokemon made by myself and MCH, who are hopefully all roughly balanced to each other in terms of power.
  2. Players are to take the team provided in the role PM and put it into Pokemon Showdown. Players are to use exactly these Pokemon in exactly the way that they have been given, failure to do so will result in disqualification. The teams should be formatted in a way that you can simply copy-paste the text from the role PM into the Import/Export section of the teambuilder, but if things go wrong in the process, you may have to create them yourself.
  3. Players will then be randomly assigned into pairs, who will battle each other on Showdown using the Pokemon team provided. Players will have two weeks to organise a time to battle between themselves, using Bulba PMs or perhaps something like Discord is highly recommended. The final round will have a 1-week deadline instead of two.
  4. A tie is not a valid result. If the result is a tie, repeat the battle until it is not, battles must continue until a clear winner is decided.
  5. Once the battle has been won, BOTH players must send a link of the battle replay to both hosts (myself and @ReturnofMCH). If no replays are received by the deadline, the winner shall be determined by coin flip. The only exception to this is if a player can provide the hosts with proof that they have attempted to organise a time with their opponent, but that their opponent has not responded. If both players attempted to organise but just never did it, the coin flip method will be used.
  6. The winners will then be paired up for round two, and again for round three. The overall winner of the tournament is the winner of the final battle.
Apologies for the rules as stated in the OP being unclear, and hopefully this clears things up.

I'll join!

Hmm, for favorite game I'll go with Holiday Mafia 2017!

Part 2: Role Call
Role PMs have been sent, please confirm when recieved!

Waiting in their rooms, the 8 figures each prepared for their battles in their own ways, thinking over their strategies, amping their Pokemon up, and other general prep-work. Everyone who gathered for the tournament had their own motives, known only to them and no one else, each one hoped they would get the job, for being a general in an evil army is an important part of any evil overlord's uprising after all. When the time came, they would have to check their inboxes to see brackets and who they were going against. Seeing as how the 8 contestants didn't know who else singed up, this should be interesting...

All role PMs have been distributed, please enter the teams into Showdown exactly as they have been

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom