• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia MD2's Elemental Collectibles

kelvSYC

Reaction score
On another topic relating to MD2, we might need a page for the elemental collectible items present in MD2 (the Silks, Dusts, Gems, and Globes).

There are two *-items (Silks and Dusts), one **-item (Gems), and one ***-item (Globes) per type, and to obtain the **-item you need to trade in the two *-items. To obtain the ***-item, you must trade in the three other items.

Each Silk and Dust raises either both physical stats, both special stats, both attacks, or both defenses, depending on the type. Each Gem has an affect that only works under certain weather. Each Globe heals a Pokémon if hit by one of the type's weaknesses.

I'm not sure the exact mechanics of any of the items right now, so I'm not confident in adding any of it myself. Furthermore, this also ties in to the species-specific collectibles as well, and I'd like a better picture of that...

I'm more concerned with people mixing up the G5 Gems for the Gems in MD2. And the fact that we have individual pages for the main series "elemental items" but not the MD-specific "elemental items" (not even Gummis, as they're merged with the food article).

I'm more concerned with people mixing up the G5 Gems for the Gems in MD2. And the fact that we have individual pages for the main series "elemental items" but not the MD-specific "elemental items" (not even Gummis, as they're merged with the food article).

I added a Samename notice to the top of [bp]Gem[/bp] to fix the first issue. The second issue, the main series type-enhancing items don't get there own pages either - they are all on [bp]type-enhancing item[/bp]. As for Food and Gummis, I think that should be split.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom