• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ME Movies Mafia: Endgame: Winners are You! 15/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, part of the point of this game was that everybody was "out of character" in the movie, with the obvious exception of myself. This is mostly to poke fun at myself for not being able to write anybody else's character correctly, but it is also directly a reference to the original blog entry MCH wrote back on vBulletin wherein he invented the ME Movies.

Also, I am having a wonderful time at the convention. I just got to banter with most of the cast of TNG while dressed as Q. XD

Endcredits: Everlasting Memorial
Endcredits: Everlasting Memorial

The mood in Maniacal Engineer's mansion was a somber one, as Elieson and Rainbow Cloud's ghost entered the study.
It had been three days since they had returned from England, and the crews had worked tirelessly to clear out the rubble. Plenty of dead bodies had been found, due to all the mooks Elie had killed, but none of the bodies were identifiable, due to being smashed by all the debris.
ME's chair was facing the windows overlooking the terrace when the duo entered the room. The engineer had been staring at the outside world in contemplation the last time he had sat in that seat. Suddenly, and to the surprise of both of them, the chair swiveled 180 degrees, revealing the Section Head, complete with a shiny and upgraded robotic arm. His appearance was immaculate, and there was no sign of any of the recent struggles or fights he had been in.
"Gentlemen," he said casually, steepling his hands on his desk.
"You look pretty good for a dead guy," Rainbow Cloud said, somewhat jealously, "and I would know."
"That would probably be because I'm not dead," the engineer replied.
"But the building blew up, and we found this," said Elieson, taking out the Section Head's old arm and waving it for emphasis, "how are you not dead?"
The mad scientist took his old arm and examined it with a touch of pride in his expression.
"Amazing workmanship and design for this thing to be in as good of a shape as it's in after what it's been through," he said, plunking the old arm on the table.
He walked over to his bar and poured a drink for himself and one for Elieson. He glanced sadly at RC.
"I'd offer you one, too, but.." he said sheepishly, voice trailing off at the end.
Glasses in hand, he walked back to the table and placed on in front of his living guest. He took a sip from his beverage, and leaned back.

"How did I survive," he said, "it was quite ingenious, actually. During my battle with Enzap, I was mortally wounded. I used the remnants of my original left arm to guide the Regeneration energy to healing my wounds, but not reconverting my cells. However, this would, under normal circumstances, have also Regenerated my organic left arm."
He raised his robotic arm in a mock toast before continuing.
"As you can see, this was not the case. I stopped the energy before it could Regenerate my left arm, but that energy doesn't dissipate, it just builds over time. When I faced down Slimy Monster, I simply used that energy to overwhelm and kill him."
RC was confused.
"But doesn't Slimy Monster share your genetics?" he asked, "wouldn't the Regeneration energy heal his wounds?"
"Under ordinary circumstances, yes," replied the Section Head, "but there were two things mitigating this. First, this Slimy Monster was merely a replica of the original Slimy Monster, and so its genetic coding was synthetized and not organic. Second, I didn't channel the energy directly into Slimy Monster."
Here he nodded at his old and charred robotic arm.
"I channeled the energy exactly where it wanted to go," he revealed, "but instead of regrowing my arm, it overloaded my robotic arm, causing the many explosions you witnessed."
"You still haven't explained how you survived, or where you've been the past few days," stated Elieson, who had yet to touch his drink.
"It hurt like hell, but I detached my arm, sliced a hole in Slimy Monster's gelatinous body, and dropped the arm there," explained ME," when the arm exploded, Slimy Monster's body dampened most of the initial explosion and propelled me out of the room. The other explosions were triggered by igniting flammable chemicals that were in the lab already, but by the time those started, I had already jumped out the window and was running like hell. I wasn't fast enough, though, and I was caught by the tail end of the explosion and slammed into a car in the parking lot. I lost consciousness and, when I woke up, the parking lot had collapsed and I was covered in dirt and grime several feet below ground. When I finally got myself out, which wasn't easy for a man with one arm, you two were already long gone. With no jet pack and no ride home, I placed a call to a friend of mine in Scotland, who arranged for my transportation. I spent the last two days putting my new arm through its paces, and relaxing in a spa."
He opened his arms wide.
"And now that I have returned, it is business as usual," he concluded.

The Section Head turned his chair too look out the window again, a touch of sadness in his expression.
"Except that it's not business as usual," he said, somberly, "we lost many friends during the Alliance's reign of terror. As such, I have been making arrangements for a memorial to be held in their honor."
He turned to face the room's other two occupants, one live and one dead.
"Insofar as everyone else need be aware, Enzap was not involved with the Alliance whatsoever," stated the Section Head, "it would be better for everyone to believe that Enzap died fighting for a better F&G section, which, in his own mind, he was doing."
"Why the lie?" asked Rainbow Cloud.
"His actions may have been evil, but, out of everyone in the Alliance, his motives were actually the purest," explained ME, "all he has ever wanted is what is best for the F&G section. He just happened to believe that I thought otherwise, which was why we came to blows."
The Section Head sighed.
"I take no pride in vanquishing the man who was my mentor and role model," he said, "and I do not wish to remember him as the savage individual that I battled."
Elie and RC nodded in understanding and departed, leaving the mad scientist to finish the memorial plans.

The following morning, a ceremony was held in the RM park. All of the regular users were in attendance, as the Section Head, on time for once, stepped up to the podium. Behind him was a large tarp covering some shapeless form.

"My friends," he said, his voice carrying throughout the park thanks to the mic, "as you know, the events of the past week have been particularly harrowing for our community. A group of fanatics stepped forward to try and disrupt our daily lives and to crush the very foundation that makes this section a fun and relaxing place for everyone. To combat these villains, several brave people came to my aid, and, together, we were able to put an end to their organization and thwart their plans."

A smattering of applause broke out, which the Section Head acknowledged with a quick nod, but raised his hand to quash the celebration.

"However," he continued, "this victory came at a very high cost. Most of these courageous users died during the battles across the globe while combatting the Alliance. Among those was my friend, mentor, and predecessor, Enzap. Enzap spent his entire career as a moderator trying to make the Fun and Games Section the place that it has become. His vision only included that which was best for the Section, and his every action that he took was for the good of F&G. All of these users sacrificed themselves selflessly for the good of the Section and so that each and every one of us can continue to enjoy our time here. I salute these brace individuals and, to that end, I have commissioned a momument so that we will never forget their sacrifice."

The mad scientist gestured behind him, and Scarlet Sky and SoaringDylan pulled off the tarp, revealing a metal monument depicting the fallen users in a circle. Together, they were gathered around a central column, atop with was an electric torch, the plastic flames not yet lit. A commemorative plaque was at each figure's feet, commemorating the user and their accomplishments.

"Let us never forget those who have come before us, and never forget those who fought for everything we hold dear," concluded ME, "we can honor their memory by going about our daily lives, enjoying and strengthening the community we have created here, and by dedicating ourselves to the good of the Section. Each and every one of us is important, and each and every one of us is a necessary part of this community. We will miss our friends dearly, but we can ensure that their sacrifice was not in vain."

With that, the Section Head stepped down from the podium, and flipped a switch on the memorial, lighting the torch.

Fin

Epilogue: Rivaling Regenerations
Epilogue: Rivaling Regenerations

"That's a wrap, people!" shouted Maniacal Engineer, after the cameras pulled the final close up shot of the glowing torch.

Having completed the shooting the movie, the footage was instantly uploaded to the editor's laptop, where the next steps of the process could begin.
The actors and actresses were actually rather impressed with how the movie had turned out. Despite their complete mischaracterizations, and the hokey dialogue, the movie had actually come together nicely once it was all put together.

Zexy caught up to his boss as he was heading toward his dressing room.
"Nice film, boss," he said, "one thing still puzzles me, though."
"Oh?" asked the Section Head, still briskly walking through the studio.
"The actor who played Random Punster was spot on," remarked the Greek mod, "but, obviously, it couldn't have been Random Punster, so who was it?"
"Oh, just some guy I found," replied the Super Mod dismissively, "I think he was named Redshirt McRedshirtson."
Zexy paused for a moment.
"That's an...odd name," he stated.
"He was cheap," the mad scientist commented, "and, as you said, a very good actor."

ME walked on leaving a puzzled and not at all reassured Zexy behind.

Arriving at his dressing room, the Modfather walked in to find someone already lounging in his hot tub, the same someone was also browsing through the Section Head's wardrobe and pouring himself a drink from ME's private bar.
"Hello, ME," said the one in the hot tub, "or perhaps I should say 'hello, me.'"
"Punster," said Maniacal Engineer, archly, closing the dressing room door behind him, "how nice to see you again. I see you managed to find a few of your old clones."
"That was a nice movie you shot," commented the clone by the bar, dryly "vilifying me as usual and killing me off in the first scene."
"Hey now," said the engineer, raising his hands defensively, "it's only for dramatic effect."
"Is it?" asked the one in the wardrobe, "or is it just that you want everyone to despise me the way you do?"
"I don't despise you," retorted ME, "you and I are merely different facets of the same individual."
"And if you are to view yourself as the 'good' side, that must make me the 'bad' side," said a fourth Punster, heretofore lurking in the private bathroom. He was swinging his deadly hammer flippantly, as he advanced on his Regenerated form. The Punsters in the wardrobe and the hot tub and by the bar also emerged and pulled out Pun Hammers.

"Four against one?" asked ME, raising an eyebrow, "don't you think that's a little unfair?"
"I'm beyond caring about fair or unfair," said the nearest Punster, savagely.
"Oh you are?" inquired the mad scientist, nonchalantly, "perhaps you should start caring about these things a little more."
The Section Head smiled a steely smile.
"Especially when things are unfair in your opponent's favor," he concluded.

Instantly, the man of science pushed a concealed button behind his light switch.
"Ingenious, eh?" he asked his former selves, "you'd never think to look for a concealed button behind a visible switch."

The Punsters were too preoccupied dodging laser blasts to reply.

The engineer watched as the three Punster clones were gunned down, leaving only the original behind. He smashed the final laser with his mallet.
"Light's out!" shouted the whimsical weapon.

Not amused, the wordplay pundit rounded on the mad scientist.

"Not surprised you survived," said ME, "your clones are ever so slightly slower than you are. Barely perceptible, but enough to calibrate an advanced laser's targeting system."
"You knew I would be here," snarled Punster, a dark expression on his features.
"I did," revealed Maniacal Engineer, "I knew that you'd see a Random Punster character in my movie and couldn't help but try to crash the set, and you played right into my hands."
"So the movie was just bait to lure me out?" asked the stunned funnyman.
"Well, no," chuckled the Section Head, "it was also a bit of an ego indulgence for myself, but it was meant as a means of drawing you out."
"I'd been keeping a low profile," spluttered the jokester, "how did you know I was even around?!"
"You mean aside from when you saved F&G from a plummeting Death Egg?" asked the Super Mod, sarcastically.
He shook his head, bemused, and continued.
"While I was still split into the ten MEs after Zexy's debacle with my Regeneration Machine caused users to mutate into MEs and WEs, Mathematical Enigma used his time in my office to run some calculations. Given the nature of the incident, and how I had been split into ten, it was entirely within the realm of possibility that you had returned. A fact that you confirmed when you blew up the Death Egg."
"I should have let your section burn," snapped Random Punster, "it would have served you right."
"But you couldn't," retorted Maniacal Engineer, "because, as much as you hate to admit it, it's your section, too."
Punster grunted, which was as close to a response as he would give.
"I thought you were supposed to be the eloquent one," laughed ME.
"The time for words is over," said Punster, raising his hammer, "let's finish this."
The mad scientist sighed.
"As you wish," he said.

Punster swung his hammer with all the power in his being, but, just like in the movie, ME grabbed the hammerhead and blocked the attack with his robotic arm. He pulled back his right arm, and hit his predecessor in the face, knocking him backward, and tearing the Pun Hammer from his grasp.
"I guess you should have watched out for my punchlines," wisecracked ME, as he decked his pregeneration a second time with his right arm, knocking him out.

Suddenly, there was a knocking at his door, and Zexy burst in without waiting for a response, knocking the door off its hinges.
"Geez!" exclaimed ME, "I could have been changing in here, you know!"
"I heard a commotion and thought I could help," the Greek mod said, sheepishly.
"It's under control," the Super Mod said.
It was then that Zexy noticed the laser burns and unconscious body on the ground.

"Random Punster?!" he exclaimed.
"Yes, yes," said ME, dismissively, "your foolishness with my Regeneration Machine brought him back, but I've stopped him. Quietly, so that dig won't see this as an excuse to eradicate the machine."
ME tossed the Pun Hammer to his subordinate.
"A souvenir," he said, "take it to the ME Cave and hang it on the mantle."
Zexy scuttled off to complete his mission, and Enzap entered.
"What do we do with him?" asked the admin, having known all along about Punster's return.
"Due to the glitch with the Regeneration Machine, he and I are now completely separated from each other. I cannot regress to him, and he cannot Regenerate into ME," said Maniacal Engineer, "he will not bother us anymore."
"He's just as powerful as you are," the former Section Head remarked, "wherever you keep him, he'll probably escape."
"I had an idea about that, actually.."

THE END?

And, with that, this game's story is completed. There will be one final story in this particular arc of the BMU, and then we will move on to our next major story arc. I hope you all have enjoyed reading these events unfolding as I have had writing them, and I am certainly looking forward to the twists and turns that yet remain in the next game in this arc, It's All About ME 2 Mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom