• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Complete ME Plays Platinum: The Discussion Thread

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
A minor detail: the gate you fight Barry in is actually part of Route 209, not Hearthome City. You'll see it if you'll check the save screen.

Murphy, Edward
Reaction score
A minor detail: the gate you fight Barry in is actually part of Route 209, not Hearthome City. You'll see it if you'll check the save screen.
I consider gates transitionary areas. Not technically part of either the city or the next route...which is exactly what they are.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
I consider gates transitionary areas. Not technically part of either the city or the next route...which is exactly what they are.
Technically, yes, but the game considers the gate as part of the route. Hence why I moved Barry's team info from that battle from Hearthome to Route 209 several weeks ago.

Murphy, Edward
Reaction score
Technically, yes, but the game considers the gate as part of the route. Hence why I moved Barry's team info from that battle from Hearthome to Route 209 several weeks ago.
I mean, the game has to consider it as being somewhere, because if the game didn’t assign it a location, it would crash. Since the “Route 209” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on that side, and the “Hearthome City” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on the other side, it really is a “no-man’s land.”

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
I mean, the game has to consider it as being somewhere, because if the game didn’t assign it a location, it would crash. Since the “Route 209” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on that side, and the “Hearthome City” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on the other side, it really is a “no-man’s land.”
I understand your logic, but you could also look at it this way: the route music starts playing immediately as you step into the gate, hence why it's part of the route and not the city.

Murphy, Edward
Reaction score
I understand your logic, but you could also look at it this way: the route music starts playing immediately as you step into the gate, hence why it's part of the route and not the city.
I could look at it a number of ways, but I look at it the way I look at it.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
I could look at it a number of ways, but I look at it the way I look at it.
And you are perfectly entitled to do so. I personally would probably claddify the gates in Generation V and on as transitional areas, since they have their own background music, and at least in Unova, they also have their own save screen titles.

Murphy, Edward
Reaction score
And you are perfectly entitled to do so. I personally would probably claddify the gates in Generation V and on as transitional areas, since they have their own background music, and at least in Unova, they also have their own save screen titles.
In my mind, they’re all the same and have always been the same since Gen I.

Water Lizard Pokémon
Reaction score
Upon further thought, this nickname idea for Gligar doesn't make much sense for it, but here it is anyway: Buground.

Standing Out
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
Oh! I changed my mind about Gligar's name! Call her Demona, like the gargoyle.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Spiritomb, huh? Let's see... A part of me is thinking about basing the nickname to its cry when it emerges: "Yulaaah". "Yule Spirit", maybe? But Christmas is already over...