• Snowy finds a Gym Leader lurking in a mine. Watch here as he faces off against Marnie and prepares to battle against Kabu.

Ongoing ME Plays Platinum: The Discussion Thread

The Eeveelution who says "Rawr!"
Reaction score
A minor detail: the gate you fight Barry in is actually part of Route 209, not Hearthome City. You'll see it if you'll check the save screen.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
A minor detail: the gate you fight Barry in is actually part of Route 209, not Hearthome City. You'll see it if you'll check the save screen.
I consider gates transitionary areas. Not technically part of either the city or the next route...which is exactly what they are.

Reaction score
I consider gates transitionary areas. Not technically part of either the city or the next route...which is exactly what they are.
Technically, yes, but the game considers the gate as part of the route. Hence why I moved Barry's team info from that battle from Hearthome to Route 209 several weeks ago.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
Technically, yes, but the game considers the gate as part of the route. Hence why I moved Barry's team info from that battle from Hearthome to Route 209 several weeks ago.
I mean, the game has to consider it as being somewhere, because if the game didn’t assign it a location, it would crash. Since the “Route 209” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on that side, and the “Hearthome City” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on the other side, it really is a “no-man’s land.”

Reaction score
I mean, the game has to consider it as being somewhere, because if the game didn’t assign it a location, it would crash. Since the “Route 209” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on that side, and the “Hearthome City” header doesn’t pop up until after you exit the gate on the other side, it really is a “no-man’s land.”
I understand your logic, but you could also look at it this way: the route music starts playing immediately as you step into the gate, hence why it's part of the route and not the city.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
I understand your logic, but you could also look at it this way: the route music starts playing immediately as you step into the gate, hence why it's part of the route and not the city.
I could look at it a number of ways, but I look at it the way I look at it.

Reaction score
I could look at it a number of ways, but I look at it the way I look at it.
And you are perfectly entitled to do so. I personally would probably claddify the gates in Generation V and on as transitional areas, since they have their own background music, and at least in Unova, they also have their own save screen titles.

Mechatronics Expert
Reaction score
And you are perfectly entitled to do so. I personally would probably claddify the gates in Generation V and on as transitional areas, since they have their own background music, and at least in Unova, they also have their own save screen titles.
In my mind, they’re all the same and have always been the same since Gen I.

Stealth Pokémon
Reaction score
Upon further thought, this nickname idea for Gligar doesn't make much sense for it, but here it is anyway: Buground.

SCIENCE!
Reaction score
Oh! I changed my mind about Gligar's name! Call her Demona, like the gargoyle.

Reaction score
Spiritomb, huh? Let's see... A part of me is thinking about basing the nickname to its cry when it emerges: "Yulaaah". "Yule Spirit", maybe? But Christmas is already over...