• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Ongoing ME Plays Platinum: The Discussion Thread

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I dunno who those two are, but yeah, i did enjoy it.
You must be joking! You don't know the greatest Pungeon Master of our time?! Emile C. A. Conroy, the uncrowned king of bad puns and bad singing, and the greatest Pokémon Let's Player ever to grace YouTube?!

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
Finnish, please! The king of puns is Random Punster!

(No, i dunno who that is. Heard the name but thats all)

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Finnish, please! The king of puns is Random Punster!

You truly don't know who Chuggaaconroy is? Oh, my. He's made a ton of let's plays on YouTube, including Pokémon ones. And I guarantee you, he's even better at puns than RP, or at least at an even level.

Merciless Evaluation
Reaction score
LemME put it this way: chuggaaconroy is, literally, one of my YouTube heroes, and was one of the inspirations of mine to even think about creating YouTube videos in the first place.
Furthermore, chuggaaconroy (and another YouTuber by the name of Super Skarmory) were actually the ones who brought me back into the franchise after I'd kinda lost interest in Pokemon post Ruby/Sapphire.

If it hadn't been for chugga, I wouldn't be here.

Also, he's an incredibly big deal, given the large amount of subscribers he has, and I would love to do a collab video with him, some day.
Thinking about it, if he doesn't finish his Platinum Bonus videos by the time I reach the postgame in my Platinum LP, that could be a very real possibility.

Merciless Evaluation
Reaction score
5:40 - "That'd be kinda cruel if they gave a random trainer a shiny"
I believe NPCs have the same chance to have a shiny as wild pokemon in most generations. I also recall Generation 3 could have a shiny on the intro screen before you've even named yourself.
Yeah, I am aware. I’ve actually had the wild Zigzagoon that was attacking Birch in Emerald be a shiny before, and Wally can catch a shiny Ralts, which he immediately trades for a regular one, like a dingus.

Merciless Evaluation
Reaction score
I believe that's considered one of the most frustrating by shiny hunters
It was also my first ever shiny encounter.

The second one was a shiny encounter with a wild Pidgey in FireRed...before I had the chance to buy Poke Balls.

I was furious with shiny Pokémon for a long time.