• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete ME Plays Platinum: The Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Hello everybody, and welcome to the discussion thread for the ME Plays Platinum video series now currently debuting on the Bulbagarden YouTube channel.
In this thread, you can:
  1. Discuss the latest episodes of the series.
  2. Makes suggestions or comments to Magnificent Entertainer for how to improve the series.
  3. Give nickname suggestions for any of ME's Pokemon still missing nicknames. (ME will threadmark posts where videos contain nickname requests. When a threadmark is removed, that means the request has been fulfilled.)
  4. Talk about your experiences while playing Pokemon Platinum version and/or follow along with ME's progress in the game with your own team.
This thread will be updated as new episodes are uploaded to the Bulbagarden YouTube channel.
This series updates twice a week: Tuesday and Thursday at 8pm CEST/ 2pm EST.

And that's about it. Since ME is a bit of a lazyass, this thread was started a little late into the series, so here is a the latest video in the series:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FppdVrEVIKU

Have at it!

Last edited:
  • Staff
I completed Platinum's post-game (including the Battle Frontier) a few months ago and am now doing random bonus stuff. I'm missing one furniture for the Villa (the Chandelier, which requires 300,000 steps taken) and some Plate duplicates from the Underground (I may never find them all, given how rare they are).

Planning to replay through Black or White next.

• Staff
I started playing platinum yesterday, and I've got the secret potion for the psyduck roadblock
I haven’t quite recorded that far, though I did just reach the Psyducks at the end of my most recent episode.
If I was playing the game on my own, I’d have been long done by now, but, since I have to setup for recording every time I want to play, and because I create and sequence all of the overlay scenes before recording the episode, it takes a little longer.
I’m not complaining, mind you. It allows me to enjoy some aspects of the game a lot more, specifically the berry farming, since I still water my berries and do all of the daily events even when not recording.

Gonna admit, I was the tiniest bit disappointed when I saw you leaving the hidden Wayward Cave room without catching anything, but Gligar is also a solid Pokemon, so that is acceptable.

For her nickname, how about something like "Gillian", or "Lucille"?

Gonna admit, I was the tiniest bit disappointed when I saw you leaving the hidden Wayward Cave room without catching anything, but Gligar is also a solid Pokemon, so that is acceptable.

For her nickname, how about something like "Gillian", or "Lucille"?
I considered Garchomp, but I've already got an extremely powerful early game Pokemon in Heracross, and Gligar is an extremely underrated Pokemon.

...That nature, tho. :lapras: :lapras::lapras::ROFLMAO:

Also: "Wow, it's dark and scary and wow that's horrible". *Vividly remembers the time when Kid Lone didn't have Flash and so just wandered the entire cave in the dark, several times fearing that he'd be lost in Wayward Cave forever, unable to use his Escape Rope because Mira wouldn't let him.*

I used Garchomp in my latest Platinum playthrough, and it swept house in most main and post-game. Getting Earthquake that early on is just broken.
Yeah. I’m trying to not make this game look too easy, but I definitely did want to point out that Gible is available this early on in Platinum.

Also: "Wow, it's dark and scary and wow that's horrible". *Vividly remembers the time when Kid Lone didn't have Flash and so just wandered the entire cave in the dark, several times fearing that he'd be lost in Wayward Cave forever, unable to use his Escape Rope because Mira wouldn't let him.*
And this is why I explained how to get TM70: Flash before you arrive at Wayward Cave, instead of waiting until you get to the Department Store in Veilstone.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom