• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete ME Plays Platinum: The Discussion Thread

Finnish, please! The king of puns is Random Punster!

(No, i dunno who that is. Heard the name but thats all)
You truly don't know who Chuggaaconroy is? Oh, my. He's made a ton of let's plays on YouTube, including Pokémon ones. And I guarantee you, he's even better at puns than RP, or at least at an even level.

(No, i dunno who that is. Heard the name but thats all)
LemME put it this way: chuggaaconroy is, literally, one of my YouTube heroes, and was one of the inspirations of mine to even think about creating YouTube videos in the first place.
Furthermore, chuggaaconroy (and another YouTuber by the name of Super Skarmory) were actually the ones who brought me back into the franchise after I'd kinda lost interest in Pokemon post Ruby/Sapphire.

If it hadn't been for chugga, I wouldn't be here.

Also, he's an incredibly big deal, given the large amount of subscribers he has, and I would love to do a collab video with him, some day.
Thinking about it, if he doesn't finish his Platinum Bonus videos by the time I reach the postgame in my Platinum LP, that could be a very real possibility.

View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9l8U4XRkk&feature=youtu.be

Keep those nicknames coming!
I’ve recorded a few more episodes after this one, but I want to be able to show off nicknames for all of my Pokémon at the beginning of the next episode I record.

As a reminder, nicknames for Gliscor, Spiritomb, and Porygon2 are still open.

5:40 - "That'd be kinda cruel if they gave a random trainer a shiny"
I believe NPCs have the same chance to have a shiny as wild pokemon in most generations. I also recall Generation 3 could have a shiny on the intro screen before you've even named yourself.
Yeah, I am aware. I’ve actually had the wild Zigzagoon that was attacking Birch in Emerald be a shiny before, and Wally can catch a shiny Ralts, which he immediately trades for a regular one, like a dingus.

I believe that's considered one of the most frustrating by shiny hunters
It was also my first ever shiny encounter.

The second one was a shiny encounter with a wild Pidgey in FireRed...before I had the chance to buy Poke Balls.

I was furious with shiny Pokémon for a long time.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom