• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Ongoing ME Streams Shiny Hunting: Discussion thread

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
Oh hi there. Just figured I would let you all know about the brand new streaming series that I will be broadcasting twice a week over on the Bulbagarden Twitch channel here.

As the series name implies, I will be conducting searches for shiny Pokemon in the Galarian region, and, with the Halloween shenanigans upon us, I see no better place to start than shiny hunting for Cara Liss's original abominations, the Galarian fossil Pokemon.

It is my hope to stream twice a week, on Sundays at 8:30am, and on Thursdays at 7:00pm (US Central Time). Streams will be at least 2 hours, and any shiny Pokemon found during the stream will be given away via Link Trade using a random code that I will announce some time during the stream.
Even if I do not find a shiny Pokemon during the stream, there will be at least one Pokemon Link traded away at the end of every stream. Shiny Pokemon I found in other games, hidden ability Pokemon, and Pokemon from my Platinum Lets Play will be the backup giveaway Pokemon.

So, please join us over at the Bulbagarden Twitch channel, and let's go hunting for those shiny Pokemon!

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
  • Staff
Finished my first steam went for about 4 hours, and was very amusing.
Please watch: Twitch

(Video might still be processing for a bit, so check back later if the link isn't working properly.)

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
Another egg-sighting episode: Twitch

But, I do have to announce that this series is going on hiatus...because, starting on Sunday, I will be live-streaming a playthrough of BrilliantDiamond version!

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
After the Bulbacast, I continued shiny hunting for Dialga. You can either watch the entire Bulbacast, where I am shiny hunting in the background, or you can just watch my shiny hunting after party here: Twitch

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
This series has come off of hiatus, and you can find my special Pi Day episode here: Twitch

This series will now stream once a week, Monday evenings starting at 7:00pm US CDT.

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
Today's episode was a lot of fun since, instead of Masuda Method or game resets, I was participating in an ongoing event in the Wild Area: Twitch
I will say, sticking my head into Pokemon Dens and asking about a blue T-Rex may not have been the smartest thing I've ever done...

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
A short shiny hunt today, both because I was an insanely lucky duck and because I was having technical difficulties with my joycon.
Still, enjoy!
Twitch

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
Was supposed to continue streaming shiny Psyduck hunting last night, but was unable to stream due to a major allergic reaction causing my nose to clog and my throat to get gunked up.

This series, and my streaming in general, is on a short hiatus due to the upcoming holiday of Passover.

I will likely return to streaming May 1st.

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
I am participating in a charity event to try catching 1 million Pokemon in a week to benefit St. Baldrick's Foundation to Combat Kid's Cancer.
I was informed that egg hatching counts as catching a Pokemon, so I decided to shiny hunt for charity.

...here is the result:
Twitch

Two more episodes this week. Tomorrow night at 7pm US CDT and Thursday night at 7pm US CDT.

Maniacal Engineer

Mischievous Entity
Reaction score
Bulbasaur shiny hunt:

The first 9ish minutes of stream were laggy due to bad Internet, but here they are: Twitch
and here is the remaining 4+ hours of the stream: Twitch