• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Media blackout zones?

Will you seek out or avoid spoilers?

• Total voters
Re: Spoiler Free Zones?

As we're dealing with remakes, and not entirely new games, spoilers are fine to me in a way. Right now, I'm still at the stage where I want to know more about the games, but I think that might change in a few weeks/months (depending on how much info we get at once), so I can start the game without really knowing what I'll be getting into (as I did when I first played Sapphire)

But yeah, for now I don't mind more info at all yet

Re: Spoilers for OR/AS

Well, considering that the one thing I cared about most (that we're able to play in Hoenn again with updated graphics) has more or less been confirmed anyway, everything else is just extra for me at this point.

Also, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire were the first games I ever saw spoilers for, I can't ruin tradition now! :p

Said in BAK's spoiler or no spoiler thread that its near impossible to not be spoiled on a game that's been out for 11 years. The only major plot addition they could make is something from a newer area. No reason to go on a media blackout unless you've somehow never played RSE.

Depends on the spoilers, I'll totally look for mechanics, 'mons and new M-evos or additions they'll do. Storyline is a totally different matter, maybe the main stuff, but knowing everything that's going to happen in the game spoils(terrible pun I know) the experience, it loses the surprise factor we all love.
It happened to me in XY and it's not pleasant, not gonna happen again.

I'll probably look at whatever information I can to decide if I want OR or AS. Not like they'll be huge surprises anyway, since I've already played Sapphire :p

I agree with TerraTF. The enjoyment of the game is going to come from doing things you know will happen, but in a new and updated world.

I'll try to avoid storyline spoilers. I pretty much managed it in XY, although I knew who the Champion was ¬_¬.

Anything "spoilery" relating to remakes are a Late Arrival Spoiler.

The only things that could be spoilery would be some brand new plot twists or fancy new areas that Nintendo doesn't want to show before the games come out. (and I don't consider official preview material to be spoilers)

As I am part of the media, I have no choice xD.

If it comes from CoroCoro, The Official English Site, Serebii, or the new Pokemon TV thing, I'll consider it fair game.

If it's like XY and someone gets a leaked copy or I don't get the game when it releases, I'm avoiding all gameplays, walkthroughs, everything~ Even though I've played the originals, I don't want whatever the remakes can offer in 3D spoiled.

I will definitely seek out as much information as I can find.

Despite being excited and want to know more I only want to know when the actual date is (so hoping it's before the 10th of November as that's my 18th birthday! But I have a funny feeling it's going to be released on the 14th of November)
But I was so excited for X and Y I saw all just about all the Pokemon due to corocoro as there weren't that many Pokemon :/ on youtube the Team Leader of Pokemon X/Y was spoiled for me along with a quick glimpse of Zygarde (only saw the colours and that it looked like a peacock xD) but this time I want some surpirse, but youtube is always littered with images despite not even looking up spoilers as they come up in suggestions, heck even Smosh ruined the final evos of the gen 6 starters with their facebook page. So I may cut myself off from the depths of the internet... depends really, I'll just try to avoid as much as I can :/ I want that awesome feeling I did when I first started Pokemon and got Soul Silver knowing nothing about it except a few screenshots!

I love spoilers. I read all of the XY leaks and still enjoyed the games. So I'll read anything regarding ORAS in the next few months. Also I have no self control when it comes to the matter.

Last edited:

Despite being excited and want to know more I only want to know when the actual date is (so hoping it's before the 10th of November as that's my 18th birthday! But I have a funny feeling it's going to be released on the 14th of November)
Comes out 2nd of November. Since they are remakes i pretty much know the entire plot but i'll avoid spoilers this time around, i wanna know what they added to the game when i'm playing the game.

I'll probably only go for official source and not look too much into secret leaks or anything. Even though it's just a remake, I want to be surprised by any new things they could add.

If I read all the spoilers I could find with XY, an all-new game set on a new platform featuring an all-new region, I sure as hell am doing it with ORAS.

Comes out 2nd of November.

Umm...wut? How do you know that? Or, how do you THINK you know that?

Since I'm extremely curious about these, I'm not even going to bother trying to avoid spoilers.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom