• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Media blackout zones?

Will you seek out or avoid spoilers?

• Total voters
Re: Spoiler Free Zones?

I won't even try to avoid the spoilers, I'll just make sure they come from trusted sources. I'm a little sick of the "my uncle who works at Nintendo" schtick and being jerked around by that sort of thing. So I'll try to get my news from here and call it good.

My current resolution: Try to avoid seeing Mega Sceptile / Mega Swampert.

I know they've been officially shown in the E3 trailer, but if possible (with emphasis on the "if") I want to keep it a surprise. I have already seen some glances of their forms here and there -- I'm aware that Mega Sceptile stands with its back facing the camera while Mega Swampert does to regular Swampert like Poliwrath does to Poliwhirl (insert do-you-even-lift-bro joke here) -- but I haven't seen them 'enough' to remember anything else beyond that.

That being said, if I do wind up stumbling across it irrevocably I will not be complaining -- I know the risks. And I wasn't disappointed with seeing (as opposed to just hearing about) last year's reveal of Mega Charizard Y.

Going to try and avoid any screen shots of in game from here on out anything else i'm all for, i didn't want to soil the mega evolutions for myself but got tired of searching for the stones and just went to seribii to see them so since the same will probably happen i will be seeing all megas i can before release

I've seen everything so far. But I'll be sticking to things like Coro Coro and official previews/announcements. I won't be looking at any non-official or secret leaks.

I won't stay away from officially released news. But I will try not to look at spoiler threads from people who get the game early. *cough*X and Y*cough*... It made me not even want to play the game, honestly. Well, almost. LOL Instead of finishing the game in like 3 days, it took me about... two weeks?

I haven't heard any of the new music introduced in these games, and I don't plan to until I get the game. And I'm also keeping myself from watching any of the new trailers (including the newest one), as I want to be surprised with how things have changed when I play the game for the first time.

And I'm also keeping myself from watching any of the new trailers (including the newest one), as I want to be surprised with how things have changed when I play the game for the first time.
I took a risk and saw the trailer, but I deliberately ignored parts such as all the new Mega Evolutions. I saw the underwater portion, Primal Kyogre/Groudon, Pikachu using exclusive moves in each of its costumes, but that's about all I care to remember.

I basically only try to avoid anything that has a lot of detail in relation to the general gameplay. The basis of stuff is good to hear (like contest coming back ect), but I don't like to hear new mechanics or new tidbits about old areas that I have to explore myself when I actually play it. Mega Evolutions are fine for me to be spoiled with cause it all really comes down to the time of training and using one...

I've seen everything so far. But I'll be sticking to things like Coro Coro and official previews/announcements. I won't be looking at any non-official or secret leaks.
Makes two of us.

I've seen everything thus far, including the newest trailer and it's getting me a bit more hyped for the games' release. However, I'm going to make sure I stay away from anything that's unofficial; Prime and I both have been burned by "He tell me" type rumors that turn out to be false.

Eh I don't see the point myself. I played RSE so many times I know the games like the back of my hand. I'm more bothered about spoilers for the next generation than I am for a game I've already played pretty much.

So far I've seen everything official, cause I think it's fair game (but staying away from secret leaks and so forth)

I might decide to do a media black-out the one and a half month or so, but I doubt I'll be able to manage that, as I'm far too curious for my own good XD

Plus, I played Sapphire/Emerald so many times, it's not like it's an entirely new game. As for the new elements, or how the story will be told this time... The footage has only confirmed a somewhat expanded/fleshed out plot and Primal Kyogre/Groudon, so it's not like we already know everything. And the little bits of gameplay we get to see, or me it's more like an appetizer. Few seconds of this, a quick flash of that. It's not like I can already properly explore the new Hoenn (and then it wouldn't matter), so it's really nice to just see a bit of the updated Hoenn, so I somewhat know what to expect

What I definitely am going to do though, is avoid everything related to the games/Pokémon when ORAS is released, as I still got to wait another week for release (being in Europe and all). Cause at that point the floodgates will open and new information will pour in from everywhere

Only one month left.... I would like to hold my line at not seeing Mega Sceptile, but that is kind of hard to avoid when you're playing the demo, you know?

Re: Spoilers for OR/AS

Neither. As a player, I rather look for any newsfeed about the game rather than seeking or not seeking any "spoilers" about that game.

Just like what I said in the previous thread, spoilers are not so helpful for me.

I'm sticking to the official announcements and trusting Nintendo to pace the reveals sensibly - which I think they have done a reasonable job of so far

Well, with the games starting to really leak now, it seems its about time for me to dip out of leak threads and videos~ Seeing a screenshot of a city here or there ain't too bad, but I wanna be safe not to have any plot spoiled~

I'm trying to avoid as much spoilers as possible. So far, not bad. At least there aren't any 'casual spoiling' of the important plot points.

Though just to be safe, I'm restricting my activity boundaries. Not clicking on threads where 'casual spoiling' could most likely happen. Logging off tumblr inb4 my dash is full of reblogged posts of leaked pics.

And with everyone and their Father cracking out the Japanese versions of the game on Youtube now, looks like I'll be primarily off of there now, too. Or, at least out of my Subscriptions~

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom