• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meet the Team (Team Fortress 2 based Pokemon team)

Left_4_TF2

The IT Crowd
Reaction score
So yeah, I have been experimenting and experimenting with different possible teams over various battles, and I think I finally arranged one that comes as close as possible to my overall play style: but in a nutshell, I would still like critiques on this particular team, because I feel like it's still missing something, and I feel like the overall structure can still use some tweaking. Also before we begin, I would like to add that I also love playing TF2, so I based these builds around the 9 TF2 classes (with good team composition in mind), and that I typically tend to make some of my own sets, using Nugget Bridge and Smogon as references.

Angel the Tyranitar@Chople Berry(Demoman/woman and DemoKnight)

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 220 HP/86 Attack/196 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/30

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Crunch
Dragon Dance

This build is based off of one of the sample Tyranitar sets VGC player Aaron Zheng introduced, with a few modifications inbetween (More information about the build can be found here). At the time I was raising my Larvitar, I kept thinking to myself that I already had enough physical and special sweepers as it is, and that in all honesty I needed some more utility and support in the team itself, so in this respect I raised a more defensive Tyranitar who can set-up stealth rocks like the Demoman sets up sticky bombs in order to break sashes and foil both Talonflame and Mega Charizard X and Y from coming in and sweeping right off the bat.

Also, in this respect, since Tyranitar has so much bulk, good speed, and a decent amount of attack invested into him, I decided that it would best to also utilize its secondary role of being a bulky sweeper, like Demoknight is to the Demoman class. In this respect, Dragon Dance functions the same as Ali-baba's wee little booties in that it boosts Tyranitar's attack and speed so that it can outspeed a good amount of threatening pokemon, and Rock Slide and Crunch functions the same as the claymore Demoknight uses, because it not only gives Tyranitar STAB but also benefits from Dragon Dance. Additionally, Chople berry allows this Tyranitar to survive fighting pokemon and attacks just as a little insurance, since fighting types are the bane of Tyranitar's existence.

EV Spread Comments: Can be found in the summary for Tyranitar

Justine the II the Garchomp@Focus Sash (Soldier and Painis Cupcake)

250px-445Garchomp.png

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31

Moveset:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage

There's not really much to say about Garchomp here, except she basically fills in the role of Soldier for the team. She can take a hit and dish it back out too. Focus sash allows her to survive ice attacks, and her attacks are pretty straight forward with the exception of Outrage, which is to be used only as a last resort move in case every other move it has in its artillery fails.

EV Spread Comments: Standard Garchomp spread with focus sash added in.

Alex the Mawile@Mawilite (Heavy or Hoovy as some people like to call Heavy Weapons Guy/Gal)

mega_mawile_by_amastroph-d6hdgwa.png

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate ->Huge Power
EVs: 4 SpDef/252 HP/252 Attack
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31

Moveset:
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Play Rough
Iron Head

Mega Mawile is the Heavy Weapons Gal of the team, because she may be slow but she can take a whole lot of hits from almost (with the exception of fire and ground) any type of attack before she goes down. Sucker punch ensures that Mawile at least gets a hit on non-priority attackers, Swords Dance gives Mawile much more Power, Play Rough removes Dragons, Dark, and Fighting pokemon from the field, and Iron Head allows Mawile to take out other Ice, Rock, and other Fairy types with Huge Power giving it and Play Rough a huge boost in power to boot. Lastly Trick room from one of the other pokemon introduced on my team allows Mawile to act as a Trick Room sweeper, and destroy entire teams without too much trouble much like how a Heavy would function if they had more speed added to their already monstrous power.

EV Spread Comments: Standard Mega Mawile EVs

Anna the Milotic@Leftovers (Bulky Stall Medic)

pokemonTF2col2.jpg

Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV: 4 SpDef/252 HP/252 Defense
IV: 31/29/31/31/30/25

Moveset:
Toxic
Scald
Ice Beam
Recover

Not much to say here, other than Milotic essentially acts as the bulky stall medic for the team, except instead of healing others Milotic heals itself and inflicts status ailments on others. Recover in this sense, basically acts as the ubercharge for Milotic, because it keeps her alive like the ubercharge does for a Medic in Team Fortress 2 and also stalls out poisoned and burned pokemon until they faint. Finally Toxic inflicts poisoning on the opponent while Scald does damage and leaves the opponent with the possibility of getting burned.

EV spread Comments: Standard EV spread for a defensive stall Milotic, figured I'd go with increasing its defense since its special defense was already so high, and because it had a bold nature.

Henri the Rotom-H@Charcoal (Pyro)

479-heat.png

Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP/240 Special Attack/132 SpDef
IVs: 31/30/31/31/30/31

Moveset:
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp

What can you say about the Pyro other than we don't know what its true identity or gender really is, it's constantly looking at the world through Pyro-vision googles, well either that or it's high all the time, and the fact that it loves to set things and people on fire, which is exactly what Rotom-H LOVES to do in spades. Overheat acts as Rotom-H's flamethrower for scaring off Steel, Grass, Ice, and Bug types, Will-o-wisp represents the after burn that the Pyro leaves behind after it flamethrowers you, and in Rotom-H's case subject the opponent to a horrible attack decrease. Shadow ball represents Pyro's flare gun in that it shoots out a ball or blob at the opponent, and in Rotom-H's case allows it to dent and KO ghost types easily, and pound for pound Thunderbolt represents the Pyro's air blast and shotgun, in that it can do quite a good bit of STAB damage to Opponents.

EV Spread Comments: I wanted to have a good amount of Special Attack for this Rotom while also maintaining enough speed and special defense at the same time, which is why I didn't maximize Special attack all the way, and invested the rest in HP and Special Defense.

Ricardo the Reuniclus@Life Orb (Trick Room Engineer)

250px-579Reuniclus.png

Nature: Modest
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP/64 Defense/252 Special Attack
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Moveset:
Psychic
Focus Blast
Trick Room
Hidden Power Ice

Just so you know I wish Reuniclus could learn Aura Sphere at the moment, because I hate, I repeat HATE having Focus Blast on my Reuniclus, because it misses so many times, but what can you do about it, if Reuniclus didn't have focus blast he would go down to all the backstabbing spies (Dark types) without much of a fight. In this case, Reuniclus's Trick Room support (Teleporters) is of the uttermost importance to Mega Mawile, Milotic, and Rotom, because it gives them more of a chance to not only turn the tables on their attackers but also inflict status ailments on them, and allow them to sweep. Additionally, since Reuniclus is so slow as it is, Trick Room allows him to catch opponents off guard and KO them with STAB Psychic or Hidden Power Ice in the case of Grass, Dragons, Flying, and Ground types.

EV spread Comments: Think the standard Calm Reuniclus set, except with a change in beneficial nature.

Edit: Dang picture limit.

Last edited:
Hey man! I've seen you lurking around some BBC threads, and it's nice to see you posting! There's a few things I'd advise changing. My first peice of advice is changing Tyranitar's abbility to Unnerve as sand doesn't hurt your team but it doesn't benefit it either. I'd also advise giving your Tyranitar a life orb or leftovers as the chople Berry won't exactly help ttar live any fighting hits. The next thing I'd say is to give your garchomp a choice band or scarf as garchomp would like a boost to his attack or speed more. Your Mawile can also handle most ice types that threaten garchomp. Next I'd say change hp ice to shadow ball on your Reuniclus as he'd like the coverage more. That's really all I saw that you could change with your team. :)

Last edited:
Sand should be kept to give TTar the SpD boost.

Scarf is better on Chomp, yeah.

Charcoal is terribad in general. Do Specs on Rotom and switch Shadow Ball to Volt Switch and Will-O-Wisp to Trick. EVs should be 252 SAtk/252 Speed or HP

Shadow Ballis good on Reuniclus like BAK said, but Recover can add longevity or HP Fire beats your most common switch-ins, Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom