• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Audino and Slowbro revealed: Korean Pokémon site quickly removes pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly wasn't expecting to wake up to this, but I am pleasantly surprised. M-Audino looks really cool, and I like M-Slowbro in a weird-ish way. They certainly emphasized the whole top/spinning theme, that's for sure.

Slowbro's description just makes me think of Spoink with that whole tail-jumping thing. Well... it could be worse.

Bu1Upe6IUAAEMjZ.jpg

By @carnictis on Twitter

Well, this was quite a surprise! (although mistakes do happen even on a "professional scale, I'm kind of puzzled of how this happened; reminds me of the "Catchatronic" incident...do people not review the pictures/filenames on a page before going live online or what?) With Mega Audino's apparent existence, it's great that we finally have Mega Evolutions hailing from Pokemon of each generation... Mega Audino could've easily worked as a standard evolution, in my opinion; despite Mega Audino's lovely and soothing coloration, Audino doesn't seem striking enough as a whole (in my opinion) to use up one's Mega Evolution slot over, but whatever.. As for Mega Slowbro, the design seems comical, although I feel like the "battle shell armor" could've been made to look much cooler/menacing with more edges or incisions or something.. :< I'll be awaiting Mega Slowking sometime down the road (because it irks me when counterparts don't 'match' XD).

Why is Shell Armor getting so much hate? :< It's not that bad, and it's better than getting assigned no Ability at all! :lol: (which, unlikely as it probably is, could theoretically be an option, as far as I know). It helps negate the newborn "100% Critical Hits" strategy of Generation 6 (moreso regarding users like Kingdra), and it prevents Slowbro from getting screwed over by a rogue Critical Hit after setting up a few Calm Mind/Curse boosts!

In any case, it seems like we're in for a bunch of Mega Evolutions that weren't really clamored for, like Lopunny, Audino, and Slowbro (and the number revealed for Generation 6 so far seems to be somewhat slowly making up for the lack of Kalos-native Pokemon introduced in Pokemon X and Y).. I'm hoping that the much-requested Mega Flygon and Mega Gallade end up happening, though..

This was certainly unexpected. However, they both look somewhat underwhelming, in terms of gameplay. Mega Slowbro misses out on Regenerator (which is what makes Slowbro so good), and Mega Audino (woo, Gen V Mega!) seems to be built exclusively for Doubles.

Oblivious is good too. It's a Taunt-immune Trick Room setter.

0_o WHEN WAS THIS? I did not know that the Oblivious Ability (and apparently beginning with Generation 5, the Mental Herb item, too!) got buffed like this (preventing Taunt in addition to infatuation) in Generation 6! It's always nice to see so-so/underwhelming/not-often-used Abilities (particularly ones that debuted in Generation 3) and items receive buffs to still remain competitively viable.. :') (and the condition of being "Oblivious" to 'Taunting' foes makes sense, too!)

I've never liked Audino, but the design of its mega evolution is pretty cool. Not a fan of Slowbro's design, but still glad to see it get the mega treatment!

Poor Slowpoke. Bitten on tail and head, and now he will be swallowed in whole.

And Audino..being Fairy, is just amazing. I wonder how much experience I can get on Mega Evolved Audino.

I'm a bit surprised how many megas they're introducing, considering that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes.
Imagine a double battle with Mega Altaria and Mega Audino though!

There was a joke made on Tumblr about Mega Audino and the Female Contest trainers, it requires some Puella Magi Madoka Magica knowledge:
tumblr_na6y734udm1tidl93o1_500.png

Is "2nd extension/antenna-thing" really the official wording? Or is that just because it was (presumably) translated from Korean?

There was a joke made on Tumblr about Mega Audino and the Female Contest trainers, it requires some Puella Magi Madoka Magica knowledge:
View attachment 95675

Hey, the contests are a way to get girls into Pokémon anyway, so may as well take it even further with mahou shojou shenanigans! :-D

Come to think of it, Mega-evolutions are kinda like MG transformations for Pokemon... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom