• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot revealed: Player can fly on back of Latios or Latias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beedrill's getting a mega. Beedrill is now on my team for LeafGreen. Thanks for the convenient timing, ORAS!

I'm avoiding the pics for now, but based on the news I heard I have to ask ... why in the name of Bird Jesus should Mega Pidgeot get No Guard as an ability? Keen Eye comes standard and already guarantees that most of its moves will never miss ... No Guard means that Thunder and Blizzard will never miss it, even in sunny weather.

Keen Eye comes standard and already guarantees that most of its moves will never miss ...
No. It merely prevents the loss of accuracy and ignores any boosts to the opponent's evasion; it doesn't actually raise the accuracy of moves.

No Guard means that Thunder and Blizzard will never miss it, even in sunny weather.
I don't see people using those moves just to counter Mega Pidgeot, unless it gets Hypnosis/Sing and becomes overpowered (even then, STAB Thunderbolt should be enough to deal with it). No Guard does a lot more good than harm solely on account of Hurricane.

Aw... I was hoping that this month, we'll have more Generation 5 Mega Evolutions. I must say that Pidgeot and Beedrill getting Mega Evolutions are really unexpected.

At first I thought Mega Pidgeot will have Gale Wings and Mega Beedrill will have Huge Power to make up for their stat deficiencies, but it turned out to be something else. I think Pidgeot would make a great No Guard user because it is the first one to be fast, and of course Hurricane is a great offensive move (with confusion). Others mentioned Heat Wave as another move it could use, and I think it's cool that they made Mega Pidgeot Special-oriented.

For Mega Beedrill, I could see them orient the stats to only the two best stats, but I feel that they will put 10 extra points on Defence or Special Defence. I could also see it getting Megahorn (because it has a horn-like sting), so Adaptability will be quite useful in that regard. It doesn't seem to be able to get Gunk Shot, but I am prepared to be surprised about that (though thinking about it, I probably won't be surprised at either outcome now that I mentioned this).

Thanks for reading.

No. It merely prevents the loss of accuracy and ignores any boosts to the opponent's evasion; it doesn't actually raise the accuracy of moves.
With notable exception for Hurricane, many of Pidgeot's moves already have a base 100% accuracy, therefore Keen Eye guarantees they hit 100% of the time (barring stuff like Fly/Dig).

Honestly M-Pidgeot looks great, but unless it gets Heat wave and some more coverage, its going to still drop.
M-Beedrill is Meh to me.

I have always liked Beedrill but now I want ORAS more. Pidgeot also getting a Mega Evolution is also [size=+1]good[/size] but because of this im getting board on the hype train.

Last edited:
I must admit one thing, if befriending one of the Lati Twins and using them to fly over Hoenn means I can swap out a Fly user for someone else, then I'll take that in a flash. But, I have a feeling that you won't get the Eon Flute until very late (probably post-game), though I hope I'm wrong on that. Like I said before, I doubt this'll totally replace Fly, but, on the plus side, maybe they'll install this idea into other games, like riding a Staraptor around Sinnoh or a Braviary around Unova, instead of a generic bird/blob with wings animation.
I like that idea but I can't help but feel it should be a Golurk that uses Soar in Unova. You know, just because "giant robot awesome" and stuff. (That and I want my baby to get a proper Fly animation. Primus knows he deserves it!)

And I am so hyped for Mega Beedrill it hurts. That Bug has needed some love for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom