• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot revealed: Player can fly on back of Latios or Latias

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot revealed: Player can fly on back of Latios or Latias

The latest edition of CoroCoro has revealed Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot, among other new information.

Read more on Bulbanews

Now the only things we need are Mega Butterfree and Mega Staraptor
Once that happens, there will finally be balance to the universe

Wait... Is the Eon Flute a replacement for the Fly fast-travel mechanic?

Using the Eon Flute, the player can summon it and freely fly through the sky on its back, and can even turn and speed up at will. Will this just be an aesthetic cutscene, minigame, or can it actually be used for travel?

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but fingers crossed that this is the beginning of a planned replacement of HM field moves with Key Items.

I guess that's what all the buzz is about. *chuckles*

Now if they do a Mega Staraptor, that will be a brutal Mon, especially if they gave it the Fighting type.

And I like the idea of using the Lati Twins to fly around Hoenn. While I doubt that'll totally replace Fly, and you'll probably have to wait until later in the game to even come close to befriending them (unless you befriend them over the course of the adventure), but it looks like a totally awesome way to travel the region. My hype for these games just got even bigger.

Now the only things we need are Mega Butterfree and Mega Raichu.
Once that happens, there will finally be balance to Ash's lackluster original team.

There we go. This is how I feel, honestly. ^_^

Is there a way to permanently disable the Latest News from Bulbapedia sidebar? Because I actually didn't want to know any of the new Megas for ORAS and I've had most of them spoiled by that thing.

DADGUM! :eek:

Okay...this Mega-Evolution stuff is starting to get out of hand...

Last edited:
Is there a way to permanently disable the Latest News from Bulbapedia sidebar? Because I actually didn't want to know any of the new Megas for ORAS and I've had most of them spoiled by that thing.

On the forums, next to the "Latest News From Bulbapedia" heading there should be a little drop down box which you can click to hide it.

Beedrill and Pidgeot? :eek: I sure as hell didn't see *that* coming. They could certainly use the boost, however.

Now, when are Butterfree and Fearow going to get their turn?

Glad Beedrill and Pidgeot are getting megas. I really hope this gives them a chance to shine competitively now.

Also I really love Mega Beedrill's design, might be my favorite new mega in terms of looks.

O_O
You know, I think Nintendo's trying to make me have a heart attack, because HOLY GUACAMOLE HOT DANNNGGGGGGG
O___o
First off: Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot. Never would of expected them to get Megas, but I'm glad, because now it makes me wanna use them on a team. ^^ Might have to experience with them on Omega Ruby or something. ;D
Second off: Flying on the Eon Duo's backs all over Hoenn. Can somebody said DANGGG? I agree with everybody else when I say I hope they get rid of the "fly" mechanic, so I don't have (although usually I do) to have a flying type on my team. o3o.
And then, last, but not least...: The garden or wherever you can catch legendaries.
I think I'm going to die because if I can catch pokemon like Giratina, Yveltal, Xerneas, etc...I'm going to cry because that's just amazing. ;;;;.;;;; (I'm giving up hope that such pokemon like Darkrai or Shaymin will be there)
Ahhh, my love for this franchise has expanded and my hype for OR/AS has expanded. ^^ Sooo excited for Christmas! ;D

On the forums, next to the "Latest News From Bulbapedia" heading there should be a little drop down box which you can click to hide it.

Ahh. Thanks. I have Javascript turned off, unfortunately...so I guess I'll just window the browser and shove it to the left, heh.

The oppurtunity to catch (almost) every legendary with only two gen. VI games? Sign me up!

I wasn't exactly hyped for these games before, but Mystic Places are such an awesome addition to the game, it's also really cool how the official artwork shows Dialga and Palkia, and Reshiram and Zekrom, coming out of a portal. Out of all the stuff revealed, I am finally sold on OR/AS.

Dat Mega Beedrill doe...!

Sorry, Gallade. You almost made my team. But that Mega Beedrill is simply too glorious not to use. I must have it. Time to go hunting in my Poison Safari to get me a shiny Kakuna!

WOW! The Mega Evolutions look awesome.

The Mega Lati Evolutions look the best. I mean, they look even more like planes.

Totally EPIC! Hoping that a Mega Butterfree is next to be announced! Also so glad they're adding a flying element after the Lapras in X/Y. I was very sad they didn't have a flying sprite, but at least we get one now! I wonder if Lapras will still be the Surf sprite, or if someone else will rise to the role?!

I must admit one thing, if befriending one of the Lati Twins and using them to fly over Hoenn means I can swap out a Fly user for someone else, then I'll take that in a flash. But, I have a feeling that you won't get the Eon Flute until very late (probably post-game), though I hope I'm wrong on that. Like I said before, I doubt this'll totally replace Fly, but, on the plus side, maybe they'll install this idea into other games, like riding a Staraptor around Sinnoh or a Braviary around Unova, instead of a generic bird/blob with wings animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom