• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, man. I was going to add in the discussion for Charizard's article a request to add in the trivia that as Mega Charizard X, it is the second Pokémon to have Fire/Dragon as its type after Reshiram. But editing has been blocked on all articles until further notice.
It would have been deemed unnotable, just to let you know.

Welp, that settles it. I'm getting X. It is pretty unnecessary, though, as much as I like awesome black Charizard. I think mega-evolutions in general could work out, but I don't know what they may or may not be stealing from Digimon, and it definitely depends on the implementation. All I know is I want a team with Zekrom, Charizard X, and shiny Haxorus.

I think mega-evolutions in general could work out, but I don't know what they may or may not be stealing from Digimon, and it definitely depends on the implementation.
It's already been confirmed that Mega Evolution is an in-battle-only transformation; when available, a Mega Evolve button appears as a toggle switch on the Pokemon's command menu, allowing you to Mega Evolve them and then attack on the same turn.

When I think about it, Charizard is technically the only non-legendary Pokémon that is Fire/Flying, but also the only non-legendary that is Fire/Dragon when it's in the Mega-form. That guy is quite the achiever.

Holy crap! Now Iris will catch a Charmander and get a Mega Charizard X. Also, I'm gonna name him Natsu (from Fairy Tail)

It's already been confirmed that Mega Evolution is an in-battle-only transformation; when available, a Mega Evolve button appears as a toggle switch on the Pokemon's command menu, allowing you to Mega Evolve them and then attack on the same turn.

I knew it was in battle only. Didn't know we got a switch, though. What I was referring to was more like stats and abilities and whether they're useless, game breaking, or balanced. Seems like a Fire/Dragon with better attack than Charizard and an ability that boosts it even more would be pretty strong.

This....was unnecessary. Cool concept and all, but giving Charizard another Mega-evo? Mewtwo was one thing, but Charizard? The Fire/Dragon typing is nice, but they should've just chosen that Mega-form for the sole Mega-evo of Charizard, not create another.

That's really cool, but I think I still like Mega Charizard Y better.
I hope that the Charizardite X and Y can be traded across games so you can get either one in either game; I already preordered X version.

Mega Charizard Y is like a natural progression of Charizard; like it took everything that was already awesome about Charizard and amplified it.
Mega Charizard X is more like a piece of fan art; kids will like the badassness of it and people who didn't like Charizard already have something new to like about it.

I feel like it ould grow organically into Mega Charizard Y, but Mega Charizard X was a guest star on Pimp My Charizard.

Last edited:
Hoping for Ancient Mecha Turtle Blastoise Water/Steel: Part II.
An alternate Venusaur would always be welcome too, regardless of what it is.

Charizard alone I don't see why'd it get special treatment. But I can see the Kanto starters getting so, even above all other starters.

So I'd guess a very few amount of pokémon will get X/Y Mega Evolutions, considering how important to the staff both the Kanto starters and Mewtwo are.

... unless EVERY mega has an X and Y variant, but I think that'd be silly.

It's obviously unnecessary. But then again, mega evolutions as a whole are unnecessary.

Ugh. Great. Just when I was starting to tolerate Charizard, too.

This is what pisses me off. I finally find a reason to not-detest Charizard and then BAM, it gets preferential treatment from the game developers (of all people) over the other Starters. Every single time I begin liking Charizard, something happens and I'm right back where I started.

Venusaur and Blastoise better get an alternate Mega Evolution, Goddamnit.

Since we know of two Pokemon with version-exclusive megaforms, there's always the possibility that many (all?) megaforms are arranged in version-exclusive pairs. (If that be the case I hope Mega Absol is common between versions, or exclusive to mine ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom