• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution and the main characters

Notora

Reaction score
So, it probably wont happen, but, if the anime characters, or even older characters could have a mega evolving Pokemon, what would they have? What would suit them, and what would the story be?

For example, I would like to see Ash bring back his Heracross and for him to be able to mega evolve a Pokemon that we've seen him work with before, and who he has a bond with.

Clement could have a mega Ampharos, which he could receive or trade with Meyer (his dad), before obtaining the mega stone in his pursuit of being an electric type master.

If Ash gets a Mega, it'll be Charizard (Y) or Sceptile. And even then it looks like Ash's Sceptile won't be needed thanks to Scottie.

And even then it's looking like Ash won't get a Mega-Evolution. He's shown NO interest in getting one. Plus, he'll have Ash-Greninja, which looks pretty close (could actually be a Mega-Evolution for all we know).

Though it needs to be noted that the TV show is using Mega-Evolution (very) sparingly. Please note that Mega-Evolutions have mainly appeared in Movies, Specials and evens shorts while it's seldom been in the TV show itself.
To be fair, they mainly save it for special occasions and important characters, chiefly ones from the games. What's more, they often treat it as this mysterious, almost mythical event that can only be done by people with enough power and extra strong connections to their Pokémon.

So I get the feeling no one in Ash-tachii will get one unless it's our boy. Even then I have my doubts...

Last edited:
i dont think ash will get a mega. but ive its based solely on bond in the anime. then who better then ash. he has proven he loves his pokemon more then his on life many times through out the entire series. and same for hes pokemon. les not for get the Greninja and thats only happened once before far as im concerned no one is more qualified then him

mega evolution for the main characters in the first region for mega evolution is impossible
but the one that can do it is Iris because she has a stupid powers

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom