• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
I still feel it's worth addressing all bases when coming up with your ideas, unless you're trusting Game Freak to change up some of the game's fundamentals, lol
If they would hire me, then they would get more then free samples.
A pokemon that changes into the oponent can't change into it's own teammates? Thats fundamental?

-If Johto and all starters get per 2 mega forms then every one will be happy.
-Johto starters would/could deserve both megas to have diffrent type combos?

- Feraligatr would deserve water/dragon to be strong against electric and grass its main weknesses.
If that happens other starters would need
to be strong offensive or defensive against it : fairy or steel.
Typhlosion would be a good fast fire/steel or fire/fairy pokemon.(fire/steel would be good against charizard x and y, fairy especially against charizard x)

Last edited:
Was talking to someone yesterday and I suddenly got an idea after they mentioned a Ground/Fighting Mega Marowak.

Name: Mega Marowak Red
Type: Ground/Fighting
Ability: Parental Bond
Some description: It wants to protect its child, and it's aggressive to those who try to harm the child. Its main color is red.

Name: Mega Marowak Blue
Type: Ground/Ghost
Ability: ???
Some description: It's a reference to the Lavender Tower incident in the first games. It has a blue ghostly aura all around it.

Originally, I had Parental Bond as the ability for the Blue counterparr, but it'd make more sense for the Red counterpart.

I would hope that any starter megas made in the future would really help to differentiate starters of the same type. By changing types they can mix up those that have been reused, such as the pure types and fire/fighting. Only problem is, I don't know what they could change infernape and emboar to, since based on my above logic blaziken already took the fire/fighting slot.

Aside from that, I think either meganium or serperior should remain pure grass, and the other could gain a useful type. I've seen fairy suggested for meganium, and I like that. And since I don't know what serperior could add, I think it works out. Maybe dark? Nah, it can stay just grass.

Originally, I had Parental Bond as the ability for the Blue counterparr, but it'd make more sense for the Red counterpart.

Going on your ideas, Parental Bond could be pretty creepy for the Ghost mega Marowak. I LOVE IT. Like...Marowak calling the ghosts of her fallen breathren/parents/children to fight alongside him/her via the power of mega evolution. Or a mother marowak reaching out from the other side to her marowak child to fight alongside them as a ghost.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom