• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
I started using Mega Aggron and love it. I bred a 6IV one (was supposed to be 5IV but Sp Atk randomly got 31 too, lol) and had someone hatch it shiny for me. I invested EVs in HP, Sp Def and Def, and he's a tank. So far he hasn't gotten knocked out in Battle Maison when my other Megas had a hard time staying alive in the first round (the opponents tend to all attack the Mega Pokemon at once to get rid of it for some reason). Earthquakes and Close Combats don't do shit to this guy. Pure Steel plus Filter? Heavy Slam? Hell yes.

I love Mega Houndoom's design but I just wish he had a better ability due to the weather nerf.

Used both Mega Charizards. I find Y more useful on my team, plus I like its design better. I dunno, I just find X's model to be bad, and not a fan of the flowery wings and shoulder teeth.

Mega Gengar isn't as good as I thought, but Gengar in general is pretty frail. Liking Mega Lucario.

I'll have to try Mega Kangaskhan after I breed some.

I used to use Mega Aggron but I found his damage output lacking and his lack of reliable recovery was off putting. Mine was Sassy 252 HP/252 Sp Def/4 Def with Heavy Slam/Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Dragon Tail. Do you use Adamant or something?

No I use Impish. His damage output is low, I agree, but his strong defense has saved my ass many times, when my other Megas wound up dying in the first round (Lucario, Charizard, Gengar, despite having perfect IVs) and Heavy Slam is pretty reliable as long as the opponents aren't heavy. This is Super Triple battles though, which is my favorite to play, and he kind of carries my whole team during that since my other Pokemon are usually glass cannons. In Super Triple I find my Megas tend to get targeted by all the opponent's Pokemon, my other Megas will die quickly but Mega Aggron brushes attacks off well.

I see, I play Singles in the Maison and on Wi-Fi both. I wish I could tolerate using him more as he's my favorite visually, but Abomasnow's wallbreaking is just so delicious. Maybe I'll try running Aggron again if I start playing triples, I imagine EQ's spread damage is nice,

For my first two teams, I have Mega Alazakam, Mega Gengar, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Charizard X that I'm going to be alternating between (since only one per battle allowed), seeing how they would work well with my other team(s)' members. I might train and use other megas for future teams as I get more used to forming teams for eventual competitive battling.

Design-wise I like Mega Charizard X, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Gengar.

One thing I'd love to see eventually is Mega Arceus with Protean and 800 BST, and Arceus able to learn all TMs finally in Generation VI. Probably never going to happen, but one can dream lol. Arceus with a HA of Protean would be cool.

Mega Mew with Protean would be pretty cool.

Though I don't think they'll get Megas any time soon.

I also wanna see Arceus return to its rightful place as the most powerful Pokemon, but...

Shouldn't it be 820? And wouldn't Judgment always be Normal, seeing as it's holding a Mega Stone?

Yeah, Judgement would always be normal when Arceus would hold a Mega Stone. Not sure about the BST, I was trying to come up with a number at least 800 since the highest currently is 780.

Protean would allow to become any type instead of relying on a plate to hold, enhancing its strengths.

I also wanna see Arceus return to its rightful place as the most powerful Pokemon, but...

Shouldn't it be 820? And wouldn't Judgment always be Normal, seeing as it's holding a Mega Stone?

Yeah, Judgement would always be normal when Arceus would hold a Mega Stone. Not sure about the BST, I was trying to come up with a number at least 800 since the highest currently is 780.

Protean would allow to become any type instead of relying on a plate to hold, enhancing its strengths.
Mega Arceus could have like an ability where its Judgement hit all types for super effective damage, yeah it's broken but who cares, he's the Pokemon God.

Besides, if Arceus received a boost in all stats upon Mega Evolving, a BST of 820 (or 800 for that matter) wouldn't work because none of the stats would be an integer. A BST of, for example, 840 or 900 would work in that case. However, if Arceus does not gain a boost in HP (since no other Mega Evolution has), then anything could work I guess. BST 820 would mean a +20 boost in all stats but HP, or +30 if BST is 870.

Though, to be honest, if Game Freak ever decides to give Arceus a Mega Evolution then I think it should get an HP boost as well, just because it's Arceus.

HP boosts via form change are actually impossible, or at least a very bad idea. It could lead to things like Pokemon being able to heal themselves some by going Mega and then running from battle at its most benign, to the revival of the Pomeg glitch at worst. It's kind of a can of worms.

So yeah, HP would remain 120, while the other five would increase to 140 for a BST of 820.

If it gets Protean, its color had better not change with its typing. Could you imagine going through Transform/Illusion's animation every time you use a different move?

Would any of you guys be mad if Mega Evolutions were only a thing that Generation 6 did? I mean in future Generations they could just do regular cross-gen evolutions again. I don't know but I kind of feel like Megas are something only native to the Kalos Region.

Yes, and not to mention how backwards it would be. Why introduce such a large, "scoop of the century" feature only to not continue with it?

Also, I'm pretty sure whatever Game Freak says about Mega stones only being found in the Kalos region will be changed in the future.

I would be pissed! Megas are like the coolest things ever! Why include them in Kanto in the Origins special if they were native only to Kalos (besides promotion)? Plus, MEGAMAWILE! I need that beautiful creature in every game from now on~ And if they remove them before Raichu gets one, Imma be upset. :mad:

I would be pissed! Megas are like the coolest things ever! Why include them in Kanto in the Origins special if they were native only to Kalos (besides promotion)? Plus, MEGAMAWILE! I need that beautiful creature in every game from now on~ And if they remove them before Raichu gets one, Imma be upset. :mad:

Lol XD

I didn't say remove them from the games for good, just what if they felt like not making anymore Megas after Generation 6.

Lol XD

I didn't say remove them from the games for good, just what if they felt like not making anymore Megas after Generation 6.

Oh, well, ignore everything except the part about MegaRaichu~ I need my MegaRaichu.

I have to say Gengar's mega evo looks ugly imo. Gengar was perfect looking the way it was then it got a mega evo. If it ain't broke then don't fix it

I have to say Gengar's mega evo looks ugly imo. Gengar was perfect looking the way it was then it got a mega evo. If it ain't broke then don't fix it

I can agree with this. Maybe they should have went into a more muscly humanoid form as each evolution of gastly gets more and more human.

Last edited:

Because there's nothing suggesting that they can't happen in other regions.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom