• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
hmm what are considered ubers now seeing that some mega evolutions far surpasses pkm on the old uber list

Blaziken, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo are the only current Ubers, with Gengarite being discussed for a quickban.
okay cool thnaks a bunch really dont see the big deal about mega blaziken his stats are not that superior dont see y he is an uber but its not for me to decide. thanks

hmm what are considered ubers now seeing that some mega evolutions far surpasses pkm on the old uber list

Blaziken, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo are the only current Ubers, with Gengarite being discussed for a quickban.
okay cool thnaks a bunch really dont see the big deal about mega blaziken his stats are not that superior dont see y he is an uber but its not for me to decide. thanks

Blaziken, not just Mega Blaziken. It's because it's incredibly trivial to get him at +2 Atk/+ 2 Speed and then sweep a whole team.

Blaziken, not just Mega Blaziken. It's because it's incredibly trivial to get him at +2 Atk/+ 2 Speed and then sweep a whole team.
really a quagsire with unaware can defeat him easy.....idk see what the big deal is but i guess its how u battle

really a quagsire with unaware can defeat him easy.....idk see what the big deal is but i guess its how u battle

So can Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Talonflame... The point isn't that he's uncounterable, but you are forced to run a counter or else you will be swept. That's called 'overcentralizing the metagame', which is one thing a Pokemon can get banned on.

So can Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Talonflame... The point isn't that he's uncounterable, but you are forced to run a counter or else you will be swept. That's called 'overcentralizing the metagame', which is one thing a Pokemon can get banned on.
Real. never saw it like that

^Screw you guys. Mega Genger is awesome.

It stops looking like gengar.

It's better than looking like a blackened Clefable.

You just made regular gengar even better. I love clefable.
Mega Genger design is far more creative than a ghostly version of Clefable tho.

That does not make it a better design.
A completely original design(Mega Genger) vs a copy paste of another pokemon(normal Genger) Do the math, the award for better design obviously goes to the one who the artist didn't think "Hey why don't i take this pokemon, color it black and give it red eyes... BOOM new Pokemon" when the were making it.

Except that isn't how gengar was designed. Gengar was created before clefable, and in a gen where simplicity and recognizability mattered. I prefer the more simple clean designs and you like whatever you like, that's fine, but it doesn't mean one design is better.
It doesn't mean one design is ugly ether, Case and point.

Just because you don't like Mega Gengar doesn't mean it's ugly.

I would really like to see the Regi trio get megas, I feel like they are pretty cool Pokemon, but they get so little love, and among them Registeel is the only one that don't suck as they are.

^Screw you guys. Mega Genger is awesome.

It stops looking like gengar.

It's better than looking like a blackened Clefable.

You just made regular gengar even better. I love clefable.
Mega Genger design is far more creative than a ghostly version of Clefable tho.

That does not make it a better design.
A completely original design(Mega Genger) vs a copy paste of another pokemon(normal Genger) Do the math, the award for better design obviously goes to the one who the artist didn't think "Hey why don't i take this pokemon, color it black and give it red eyes... BOOM new Pokemon" when the were making it.

Except that isn't how gengar was designed. Gengar was created before clefable, and in a gen where simplicity and recognizability mattered. I prefer the more simple clean designs and you like whatever you like, that's fine, but it doesn't mean one design is better.
It doesn't mean one design is ugly ether, Case and point.

Just because you don't like Mega Gengar doesn't mean it's ugly.

When someone says something is ugly its implied that its their opinion not a stated fact. Don't be a potato.

I would really like to see the Regi trio get megas, I feel like they are pretty cool Pokemon, but they get so little love, and among them Registeel is the only one that don't suck as they are.

This! n_n Though that begs the question....what would they even look like with Mega evolutions? I hope their Mega evo design isn't horrible or anything. u__u

The Regi trio needs all they can get to become relevant again, i'll settle for Megalutions at this point. Also @Saeyru; exactly what makes a Pokemon design horrible?

Hard to explain, but the design has to be extremely overdone for me to consider it as "bad". Take a look at MegaScizor for example. The...rather interesting claw design is actually the most disturbing thing about it (aside from it's weird-looking legs), and I just personally feel that it's overdone. MegaAlakazam is somewhat the same way, except to a lesser extent, y'know? I personally don't mind changes such as to MegaMawile, where it actually looked realy nice and not all that much changed about it aside from adding another jaw and changing the color of its "dress", so to speak, and also MegaZard, where aesthetic features where altered as well as color but nothing changed too drastically.

Mega Gengar falls in-between these; I don't mind it so much that its arms and legs practically shrank to an almost barely-visible size, but it does look rather awkward, particularly when it stands up or whatever.

Hope this all makes sense~!

Mega evolution does make me wonder... with the power creep it inevitably introduces, does this mean they will introduce giga evolution down the road? Where you mega-evolve a mega evolution?

Mega evolution does make me wonder... with the power creep it inevitably introduces, does this mean they will introduce giga evolution down the road? Where you mega-evolve a mega evolution?

That is an interesting idea. But I don't think it will occur. Currently the Mega Evolution alone already broke the balance of competitive gameplay, I don't want to see another super-ultimate uber that sweep the opponents' whole team with merely 6 individual attack, one for each Pokemon.

If such Giga Evolution does happen, it will be like battling Omega Weapon in FFVIII. Well, if not Omega Weapon, then still it will be Ultima Weapon level......

I'm waiting for when they go futuristic and you give your pokemon robot suits or special augmentation. You also have some people in games looking into pokemon DNA. At some point there might be gene splicing, or special breeding.

I'VE GOT IT! Okay so we can trade with other people and the game has referenced it before. Well what are we really trading with? Well parallel universes of course! That's why you can get multiple legends by trading, items and etc. That's why seemingly one of a kind items can appear in random weird caves and stuff.

That kind of doesn't work since some games we know have to occur in the same universe: In Black, and Black 2 for example, you can receive the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous Orbs. But you don't even need an explanation so long as you accept that there are multiple of each legendary/one of a kind item.

I'VE GOT IT! Okay so we can trade with other people and the game has referenced it before. Well what are we really trading with? Well parallel universes of course! That's why you can get multiple legends by trading, items and etc. That's why seemingly one of a kind items can appear in random weird caves and stuff.

That kind of doesn't work since some games we know have to occur in the same universe: In Black, and Black 2 for example, you can receive the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous Orbs. But you don't even need an explanation so long as you accept that there are multiple of each legendary/one of a kind item.

Except Opelucid City differs depending on if you're playing Black (2) or White (2). You can't just say that Black and Black 2 take place far after White and White 2 because everything else is the same, including the populace of Unova, and the plot.
I also recall a man in Opelucid asking to see a Pokemon that knows Charge from another universe or something like that, one with an Opelucid City that sounds exactly like the one in the other game. In fact, he'll give you a Cell Battery if you show a Pokemon with Charge from the opposite version to him. Though I don't remember his exact words, as I haven't played in a while.

And I don't recall it ever being said that the orbs are one-of-a-kind.

If you don't want people discussing your theories, don't post them >_>

If you want to post them, no one's stopping you, but don't complain if you get negative responses to it.

Yeah, I'm just assuming the orbs are fragments of larger mineral deposits found in Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina's dimensions.

Except Opelucid City differs depending on if you're playing Black (2) or White (2). You can't just say that Black and Black 2 take place far after White and White 2 because everything else is the same, including the populace of Unova, and the plot.
I also recall a man in Opelucid asking to see a Pokemon that knows Charge from another universe or something like that, one with an Opelucid City that sounds exactly like the one in the other game. In fact, he'll give you a Cell Battery if you show a Pokemon with Charge from the opposite version to him. Though I don't remember his exact words, as I haven't played in a while.

When did I say that Black and Black 2 take place after White and White 2? I know that Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 are different universes. I was just using Black and Black 2 as an example of two games that we know take place in the same universe, in response to LilyStorm's hypothesis. Just to clarify, I agree with everything you're saying.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom