• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
That is an interesting idea. But I don't think it will occur. Currently the Mega Evolution alone already broke the balance of competitive gameplay, I don't want to see another super-ultimate uber that sweep the opponents' whole team with merely 6 individual attack, one for each Pokemon.

If such Giga Evolution does happen, it will be like battling Omega Weapon in FFVIII. Well, if not Omega Weapon, then still it will be Ultima Weapon level......

It definitely would. And if they add enough levels to it, it would be like Dragon Ball Z in that both sides would spend the first few rounds just powering up.

And now I'm imagining Mewtwo with spiky blond hair, flexing muscles it shouldn't have and screaming in rage...

Mega goshdarn Farfetch'd! WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE THIS GF?!
Statwise it would be comparable to Mega Mawile. Currently all Mega Evolutions see a +100 BST increase, so a Mega Farfetch'd would be like a Pidgeot with different moves but unable to use any items.

Statwise it would be comparable to Mega Mawile. Currently all Mega Evolutions see a +100 BST increase, so a Mega Farfetch'd would be like a Pidgeot with different moves but unable to use any items.
They could always give it a stat-doubling ability like Mega Mawile's Huge Power. However, this solution would quickly get old if Game Freak repeated it for all the particularly mediocre Pokémon out there, which is why there should be more cross-generational evolutions.

Yeah, forgot about the ability. That practically gives MM a 200 stat in its physical Attack; otherwise, its best stats are actually Defense.

Since Mega Aerodactyl is Aerodactyl original appearance, what about a mega evo for Genesect that it's also its original appearance? i think it would be cool.

Since Mega Aerodactyl is Aerodactyl original appearance, what about a mega evo for Genesect that it's also its original appearance? i think it would be cool.

It's not confirmed that Mega Aerodactyl is Aerodactyl's original appearance. It's just that some scientists believe that it is.

I would like Mega Genesect to be its original appearance, though.

Maybe Bug/Dragon. Because that should've been a thing already, and yet it isn't.

I've never cared much about the Original Dragon, but if Mega Aerodactyl were Aerodactyl's original appearance.. then maybe each of the Tao Trio could get an "Original Dragon Mega Evolution" or something. Or all three of them could simply share a Mega Evolution, kind of like Mega Lati@s, with different stats/abilities and perhaps even type combinations.

Though for an OD to appear, I suppose Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem all have to fuse together, but for the sake of some simplicity, and not needing all three to be in one's party, maybe they could skip that step.

Mega goshdarn Farfetch'd! WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE THIS GF?!

Well farfetch'd is usually used with stick so give it an ability that guarantees Crits or something. It would be a good reason for them reducing Crits to 50%

It's not confirmed that Mega Aerodactyl is Aerodactyl's original appearance. It's just that some scientists believe that it is.

I would like Mega Genesect to be its original appearance, though.

Maybe Bug/Dragon. Because that should've been a thing already, and yet it isn't.
If they give a mega evo to Genesect that is its original appearance it better not be a damn Kabutops.

Last edited:
"Genesect's Genesectite is reacting to Calem's Mega Ring! Genesect has Mega Evolved into Kabutops!"

If Mega Genesect is anything other than this I will be dissapointed now. Thanks, Norzan. xP

Then would Mega Genesect have the same stats as a regular Kabutops or a MegaKabutops? If it was regular, you could just use a Kabutops to the same effect. :/

do you think they will retcon older forms like keyrum to mega evolution

this is something thats been bugging me. now that there is mega evolution i could see them changing the forms. for exp mega keyurem black could be for x and vice versa

also on a side not do you think we'll be able to use black and white keyrum in x/y considering that you cant import items

Then would Mega Genesect have the same stats as a regular Kabutops or a MegaKabutops? If it was regular, you could just use a Kabutops to the same effect. :/
It was a joke. Many people theorize that Genesect was a Kabutops before Team Plasma modified it because they have similar body shape and a pokedex entry says that Kabutops existed 300 million years ago and it was a fierce hunter and Genesect also existed 300 million years ago and it was also a fierce hunter. Since scientists think that Mega Aerodactyl is Aerodactyl original appearance i thought it would be cool if Genesect mega evo was its original appearance and it better not be a Kabutops.

Last edited:
Re: do you think they will retcon older forms like keyrum to mega evolution

this is something thats been bugging me. now that there is mega evolution i could see them changing the forms. for exp mega keyurem black could be for x and vice versa

also on a side not do you think we'll be able to use black and white keyrum in x/y considering that you cant import items

There's a person asking to see kyurem if you have it, which most likely means he's going to give you the dna splicers. There's other npcs asking for other legends as well. They wouldn't cut you off from legend forms.

This could just be me being biased, but if the Kyurem formes become Mega Evos, I would want White Kyurem to be in X and Black Kyurem to be in Y. Maybe it's because I just like X and White Kyurem more...

I would absolutely hate to see Kyurem's Formes become Mega Evolutions. I couldn't take them into Pokemon Amie... ;_;

But they won't because:
A. How would they get Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock/Ice Burn?
B. That wouldn't really mesh with what we've been told about the Formes.
C. That would be the wimpiest Base Stat Total increase for a Mega Evolution ever.

I would absolutely hate to see Kyurem's Formes become Mega Evolutions. I couldn't take them into Pokemon Amie... ;_;

Speaking of that.. they should totally let us Mega Evolve our Pokemon in Amie in whatever future game we get. They may only ME during battles.. but it pains me that I can't play with Mega Garchomp, whose design I absolutely love.

Speaking of that.. they should totally let us Mega Evolve our Pokemon in Amie in whatever future game we get. They may only ME during battles.. but it pains me that I can't play with Mega Garchomp, whose design I absolutely love.

I agree on so many levels. Mega Mewtwo Y would be the absolute cutest~

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom