• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Currently released, my favorite has to be Aerodactyl and Absol. For the new ones in ORAS, definitely Altaria. (All my favorites start with a, that's funny)

Is this thread going to be updated with ORAS megas?

My favorite mega evolution -- like it's not obvious -- is Mega Sableye. After that, it's:

2. Mega Mawile
3. Mega Diancie
4. Mega Banette
5. Mega Metagross

After that, I don't really know. I like Mega Slowbro, Mega Salamence, Mega Audino, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pinsir too, to some extent...ORAS has best megas.

Oh, and Mega Sharpedo will be usurping Mega Mawile's position when it's (hopefully) revealed. Assuming it doesn't look absolutely terrible like Megacross, which I doubt.

I'm really happy that we got Mega Audino. It's nice to see Gen V get some Mega love, as that's the Gen that's been left out in the cold. I'm really hoping we'll see more Gen V Megas, as that's my favorite Generation of all time. (Wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Sawk or a Mega Bisharp.... but they would all be ruled by the awesome that would be Mega Golurk.)

My current favorite Mega would be a tie between Blaziken and Gardevoir. Both have a tendency to wreck things so they are way useful in the Battle Maison. I'm warming up to Mega Lucario but mine needs a lot more training.

Please keep discussion of the ORAS Megas in the ORAS section - some people might want to be avoiding spoilers (and yes, I'm aware of my signature :p but people can turn avatar and signatures off in their settings).
@Neosquid; the games aren't released yet so really no point in adding the new Megas since people haven't gotten a chance to use them yet (plus spoilers).

I had an idea for a Mega Nintales design.

It will have a Japanese Kitsune (fox) mask. Not sure of the markings. Each of it's tails will have a flame at the tip. It's claws would have gotten longer and sharper. Each tail would have one of those gold bulb-ish looking bells tied to them. They look like this. bell2.jpg

Re: I had an idea for a Mega Nintales design.

It will have a Japanese Kitsune (fox) mask. Not sure of the markings. Each of it's tails will have a flame at the tip. It's claws would have gotten longer and sharper. Each tail would have one of those gold bulb-ish looking bells tied to them. They look like this. View attachment 95971

I don't understand why everyone's shying away from this: Make Megatales go full-on Naruto/Kurama. Give it Fire/Ghost typing (since Kurama is pure chakra instead of a beast made out of living flesh), give it the ability Cursed Body (based on Ninetales' own Dex entries) and give its tails a spectral blue tip (like its Shiny form) with a purple body fur (the same color as Gengar). And have all 9 tails fuse into one with 9 "split ends".

Okay, I may be jumping the gun here, but the news on Pokken is that it will heavily feature Mega Evolution. Given that the teaser trailer includes both Lucario and Machamp, that may be a sign that we'll get Mega Machamp very soon. Possibly.

It will have a Japanese Kitsune (fox) mask. Not sure of the markings. Each of it's tails will have a flame at the tip. It's claws would have gotten longer and sharper. Each tail would have one of those gold bulb-ish looking bells tied to them. They look like this. View attachment 95971

I don't understand why everyone's shying away from this: Make Megatales go full-on Naruto/Kurama. Give it Fire/Ghost typing (since Kurama is pure chakra instead of a beast made out of living flesh), give it the ability Cursed Body (based on Ninetales' own Dex entries) and give its tails a spectral blue tip (like its Shiny form) with a purple body fur (the same color as Gengar). And have all 9 tails fuse into one with 9 "split ends".

So Mega Ninetales will be just like this:

Kyubimon.jpg

Digimon - Kyubimon

OR THIS

Youkomon.jpg

Digimon - Youkomon

So Mega Ninetales will be just like this:

Kyubimon.jpg

Digimon - Kyubimon

OR THIS

Youkomon.jpg

Digimon - Youkomon

I never mentioned anything about it looking like it crossbred with a Chingling, though. That's a horrible design.
tumblr_inline_nal2y1MX381r0sbwb.jpg

Okay, I may be jumping the gun here, but the news on Pokken is that it will heavily feature Mega Evolution. Given that the teaser trailer includes both Lucario and Machamp, that may be a sign that we'll get Mega Machamp very soon. Possibly.

I had the same vibe, too. See, in the trailer both Machamp and Lucario are fighting evenly, and in the end, Lucario mega-evolves. Such transformation would be an unfair disadvantage for Machamp, right?

Namco could have made exactly the same trailer, using Blaziken instead of Machamp (just like the very first released image long ago!) and ending with both opponents mega-evolving. But they chose Machamp... so now that Mega-evolving end sounds me like Machamp could get its own Mega. (Just in case someone argues that Lucario has type disadvantage: I'm pretty sure type mechanics won't be present in Pokkén)

My top favorites are:

1. Mega Charizard X
2. Mega Aerodactyl
3. Mega Mewtwo Y
4. Mega Venusaur
5. Mega Gengar

I've got Mega Absol on my Y team, so I've grown attached to that one.

I have to admit that I'm really not a fan of Mega Charizard X, though. I much prefer the Y Version.

My favorite Mega Evolution is Mega Mewtwo Y. I like all of it's stats (excluding that subpar Defense), particularly it's top-tier Special Attack and Speed, which, combined with a nice number of attacks, allows it to be an effective offensive Pokemon. Also, I actually like it's design for some reason. I don't really know why.

I also especially like Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X for similar reasons, so I don't think I need to go into detail on why I like those two.

As overrated as it's starting to become, Mega Charizard X. The black color scheme, torn wings, blue fire, and red eyes make it look really imposing, and to me Mega Charizard X almost looks like an angel of death.

Mega Gardevoir is a close second, because I love how elegant it is, especially the shiny form.

In desperate need of mega evolution

Have you ever thought that an awesome Pokemon deserves a mega evolution. In this thread, I want you to post a Pokemon that you believe, deserves a Mega Evolution. Name the Pokemon, it`s type, and it`s mega evolved type.

Ok, I`ll start.

Steelix: Steel/Ground
Mega Steelix: Steel/Fire

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom