• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Golurk (Ground/Ghost) ----> Mega Golurk (Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Fairy)

So why the Fairy typing? To give the big lug an advantage against Dark types, among others. That and I don't think we have a half Ghost Fairy type and with as odd as Golurk really is, it might suit the big fella.

Just my (half-baked) thoughts.
Imo Ghost/Fighting fits much more than Ghost/Fairy (Fairy doesn't even fit it at all). It also recieves STAB in Dynamic Punch and Drain Punch, and helps it deal with Dark Types.
Like I said, it's an odd typing to give to the big guy but he's not exactly normal. Most Ghosts wanna kill you and he doesn't. He doesn't even look all that ghostly, so I went for a total "WTF?" typing on his potential Mega. (That and a Mega Golurk would go against the uber-cute Fairy stereotype; I want a Fairy that will make people crap themselves when they see it. Because I am strange. XD)

But yeah, Fighting could work as well. I just.... I really want this big lugnut to get himself a Mega. I would use the slag outta it and it would be my signature Pokemon for all eternity!

...you all saw that last part coming, I'm sure. This is me, duh. :lol:

Isn't it a protector of an ancient people? Safe to assume it would rip anyone who threatened them to shreds. It's very much a killer, just like every other Pokémon would be in our world LOL

Honestly, either a normal evolution or mega evolution of Eevee with Normal Typing.

This. They obviously don't wanna give us a Normal Eeveelution, so how about a Normal-type Mega? Due to Eevee's weird and unstable DNA, I could honestly see it be the only non-fully evolved Pokémon to get a Mega. (Inb4 GF trolls us all with Mega. Freakin'. Pikachu instead of Mega Raichu...
tumblr_ndqyp4orRU1r36bj2o1_75sq.gif
)

I hope they scrap Megas next gen.

This will never happen. Pokémon who have Mega Evolution are now just like any other Pokémon that has different forms. Forms were never removed, they're sort of like a different Pokémon, and they'd never remove an existing Pokémon.
The only Pokémon that was ever restricted to one game and wasn't carried over is Spiky Eared Pichu, but that's clearly a very differet case than megas. (although I still think they could keep it) and if anyone is gonna share Spiky's fate it's probably just Cosplay Pikachu since its "forms" are super gimmicky and tied into the ORAS Contests...

If they ever bring back Spiky Eared Pichu, it could happen in D/P/Pt remakes, since it was part of the Arceus movie (although SEP seems more tied to HG/SS, but it's still very possible). And if Cosplay Pikachu can also be moved up, then I predict a Special Raichu in Generation 8. (SEP in 4 with Johto remakes, CP in 6 with Hoenn remakes, so maybe some kind of seal-related Raichu in 8 with Sinnoh remakes? :p )

Do I even need to say mine?
Given the fact that I've used a Gengar in almost every game, it should be obvious which one I'd pick.

I read a few posts and the people who want Mega Evolution gone in Gen 7: not going to happen. They are not going to drop a major mechanic just because a few people don't like it.

Also, if it bothers you so much: either ignore it, accept it or just leave the franchise, the door is right there.

I think they're silly. Some of them are just ridiculously overpowered. The concept as a whole is interesting, but I feel like it could've been tackled differently by maybe giving weaker Pokemon more of a chance in battle rather than making Pokemon that were already potentially overpowered even moreso.

That said, I like the designs of some of them. n_n

Sorry to bump a thread that no one has really payed attention to, but I've got to get this idea for a new Mega Evolution out there:

Mega Delcatty
Normal/Ghost
Ability: ParaNormal—All moves become Normal-type and super-effective.
Stat Changes: +30 ATK, +5 DEF, +30 SP. ATK, +5 SP. DEF, +30 SPD
BST Spread: 70/95/70/85/60/100

Basically, ParaNormal is a pun of sorts that comes from its effect and Mega Delcatty's added Ghost-type. At its core, ParaNormal is an upgraded Normalize in that it not only makes all attacks Normal-type, but also allows them to always be super-effective. While it does seem kind of broken, Delcatty is mediocre at best due to its averagely-low stats. Therefore, giving Mega Delcatty a very powerful ability compensates for that. heck, Even Mega Delcatty's stats aren't on-par with already existing Mega Evos, so it kind of makes this ability necessary. To balance things out, I gave Mega Delcatty a secondary Ghost-typing. While it does gain an extra immunity to Normal-type attacks, it also gives Mega Delcatty an extra weakness: Dark-type.

Of course, both Mega Delcatty's ability and typing tie into a design idea I have for it. While Mega Delcatty itself has no physical changes, there are invisible spirits that fly around it. They are represented by transparent distortions commonly associated with how invisibility and force-fields are treated in visual media. When Mega Delcatty performs a move, said distortion briefly covers its entire platform and the user itself. It's meant to imply that spirits are helping Mega Delcatty utilize its new ability.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
@Kallyle;
Delcatty gains extra immunity to Fighting types too, making it immune to Fighting, Normal, and Ghost. Sure, it got a new weakness, but it also lost one. With everything hitting Super Effective with STAB, you gave its offenses the equivalent of Protean + Huge Power without having to actually play any mind games since everything is super effective.

@Kallyle;
Delcatty gains extra immunity to Fighting types too, making it immune to Fighting, Normal, and Ghost. Sure, it got a new weakness, but it also lost one. With everything hitting Super Effective with STAB, you gave its offenses the equivalent of Protean + Huge Power without having to actually play any mind games since everything is super effective.

...Yeah, that is a bit much. I didn't really think about it gaining another immunity beyond Normal-type, though would it be any more balanced without the Ghost-type? The only reason I really gave Mega Delcatty the ParaNormal ability was to expand on the Normalize ability. Since regular Delcatty is pretty lackluster, I thought I'd have it stand out a little more. Regardless of whatever weakness or immunity it has, you can still OH-KO it easily with a very large number of types, so it isn't too broken. Especially when you compare it to Mega Rayquaza...

...Yeah, that is a bit much. I didn't really think about it gaining another immunity beyond Normal-type, though would it be any more balanced without the Ghost-type? The only reason I really gave Mega Delcatty the ParaNormal ability was to expand on the Normalize ability. Since regular Delcatty is pretty lackluster, I thought I'd have it stand out a little more. Regardless of whatever weakness or immunity it has, you can still OH-KO it easily with a very large number of types, so it isn't too broken. Especially when you compare it to Mega Rayquaza...

I really don't think people should be using Mega Rayquaza as a reference point on whether something is broken or not--there are many other things that are broken that doesn't reach M-Ray's strength (e.g., Mega Lucario and Mega Kangaskhan), and I'm not concerned with the resistances so much as I am with the guaranteed x3 (STAB X SE) boost all its moves have.

To put it to perspective, a base 95 attack is 317 points with a beneficial nature. You're attacking with a total of 951 offensive stats right off the back. It gets Sucker Punch and Fake Out. 100 base speed is still coveted in Doubles, and so is Fake Out and Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
I really don't think people should be using Mega Rayquaza as a reference point on whether something is broken or not--there are many other things that are broken that doesn't reach M-Ray's strength (e.g., Mega Lucario and Mega Kangaskhan), and I'm not concerned with the resistances so much as I am with the guaranteed x3 (STAB X SE) boost all its moves have.

To put it to perspective, a base 95 attack is 317 points with a beneficial nature. You're attacking with a total of 951 offensive stats right off the back. It gets Sucker Punch and Fake Out. 100 base speed is still coveted in Doubles, and so is Fake Out and Sucker Punch.

Okay, so how about if I tone down Mega Delcatty's ParaNormal ability. Maybe instead of being a Normalize that makes all moves super-effective, it would just make existing Normal-type and Ghost-type moves super-effective? I'm still keeping Mega Delcatty part Ghost-type due to its bad defenses, but at least it wouldn't be as broken as having all moves become super-effective STAB.

@Kallyle I think all of its current abilities could be smudged up into one. "Normal moves inflict infatuation" would work for example, and would make Delcatty especially potent as it would get a free and heightened priority Attract with the use of Fake Out. (It might also help if Delcatty's ability allowed it to infatuate pokemon without a gender.) I don't know if Normalize would allow for the move to change on the turn Mega Evolution is underwent, but if it did that'd be something.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been discussed But I want to discuss a mega mew

(Mega stone can be found under the truck in kantos next game xD or if x2/y2 is a thing in mewtwos cave)
Mew@mewite
Ability: Protean
Stats

Thought greninja was broken? This mega mew I just suggested is a faster greninja with a more unpredictable move-set xD

Not sure if it's been discussed But I want to discuss a mega mew

(Mega stone can be found under the truck in kantos next game xD or if x2/y2 is a thing in mewtwos cave)
Mew@mewite
Ability: Protean
Stats

Thought greninja was broken? This mega mew I just suggested is a faster greninja with a more unpredictable move-set xD

That's basically what I had in mind for Arceus, except with better stats (135 across the board).

Watch GF give Arceus a Mega/Primal/Something with the ability to make Judgement (or some new move) hit every type for SE damage and the ability to hold an item like Life Orb just like M-Rayquaza. Smogon will have a field day with this one.

Watch GF give Arceus a Mega/Primal/Something with the ability to make Judgement (or some new move) hit every type for SE damage and the ability to hold an item like Life Orb just like M-Rayquaza. Smogon will have a field day with this one.

The thought alone makes smogon quiver...dance

But it'd just join Rayquaza in anything goes, he needs a buddy must be lonely in there

Naw, it'd be triggered by using Judgement and would swap out Multitype for, say, something that inverts the type matchups of whatever Arceus does (meaning STAB Judgement gets guaranteed full damage against every type + double to rock/steel/ghost).

Which Mega Evolutions are best

I find that besides Legendary Mega Evolutions, I find that Mega Charizard X, Mega Pinsir, Mega Gyarados, Mega Blaziken, Mega Swampert, and Mega Garchomp all seem like the best mega evolutions, by power of course

I totally love mega Ampharos. I don't play competitively I just love how fabulous it looks with its super flowing fluff and that it's dragon type.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom