• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

And i thought Fairy types caused an uproar in the fanbase. Anyways if this makes Mawile and Absol more useful in the metagame then i'm ok with Mega Pokemon ^.^

I knew if we just waited long enough the PokéGods would eventually make a come-back.

Clearly, this gen is the gen where Gamefreak dug into the far reaches of the internet to find all those old rumors and actually implemented them.

Awakened/Mega-Mewtwo (Mewthree) and a starter (The Blastoise, Charizard, and Venusaur Pokegods) being in the mega evolution camp is a big tip off.

I think these Mega Evolutions will have enough limitations that there would be justifiable reasons not to use them.

I don't know why People think/hope that just because Blaziken got a Mega form all the other starters will get one. Mewtwo got one, but I certainly hope all the legendary Pokemon don't get Mega forms...

I just hope Game Freak don't go OTT with this. As in, we can't make an entire team of mega-evolutions and breeze through the game with them.

As long as decent limiters are put in place to make sure this doesn't go completely amok, then I'm all for it. Maybe make it so that we only get one Mega Stone per save file? Idk. Just something so this idea doesn't get totally abused.

Having said all that...we don't even fully know the capabilities of these mega evolutions yet, so we need to wait and see.

Mega Evolutions are strong. I'd say it's safe to assume that you won't be able to let Pokemon hold mega stones in certain areas that work in accordance with the game's built in tourney rules (like how certain items were prohibited in the PWT) and there may even be an option to disallow them in multiplayer battles too. At least, that would make sense.

I just hope Game Freak don't go OTT with this. As in, we can't make an entire team of mega-evolutions and breeze through the game with them.

As long as decent limiters are put in place to make sure this doesn't go completely amok, then I'm all for it. Maybe make it so that we only get one Mega Stone per save file? Idk. Just something so this idea doesn't get totally abused.

Having said all that...we don't even fully know the capabilities of these mega evolutions yet, so we need to wait and see.

Mega Evolutions are strong. I'd say it's safe to assume that you won't be able to let Pokemon hold mega stones in certain areas that work in accordance with the game's built in tourney rules (like how certain items were prohibited in the PWT) and there may even be an option to disallow them in multiplayer battles too. At least, that would make sense.

Personally I actually am glad that Mega Evolution isn't permanent. That was my first though when I saw this. And well, may as well, since this is more or less just giving powered up formes a different name.

I don't know why People think/hope that just because Blaziken got a Mega form all the other starters will get one. Mewtwo got one, but I certainly hope all the legendary Pokemon don't get Mega forms...

Mewtwo isn't part of a recurring set of three that you have to choose between. It's unfair to a set of three to have one Pokemon reach a fourth level.

Two completely different scenarios. Mewtwo is getting a mega form likely because it is tied to genetics, but the same isn't valid to Blaziken. Also, say what you want, but only one of what, eighteen starters getting a power up/new design/alternate form is sort of unfair. Why only Blaziken deserves a mega evolution?

I don't have any problem with them as long as they're not permanent. Seeing as they're literally called "Mega Evolutions", I'm mildly worried.

We're going by Japanese names tough, which are usually vastly different. I'm hoping the don't keep the "Mega" in English and use something else. MegaMawile, MegaAbsol, etc, sound so corny and bad.

Well at least the new Mewtwo forme makes sense now.

I'm not really opposed to this, I'm rather curious what's it gonna be. I hope we'll get more legendaries getting those evos.

The Mega Evolutions are not permanent and are only activated in battle. I assume that the pokemon-exclusive stones must be held for a pokemon to mega evolve during battle (almost like Giratina needing the Griseous Orb to become Origin Forme). If the pokemon loses the item, it reverts into its standard form.

Pokemon like Arceus and Giratina can't lose their special items during battle though.

Cuz why Blaziken? Why just Blaziken? What is the philosophy and the thought process behind giving Blaziken from all the starters a Mega form.

Pokemon like Arceus and Giratina can't lose their items during battle though.

Yes, you are correct. I wonder if these items will have the same properties as the Griseous Orb, or if they can be removed by the opponent.

Especially as Blaziken is already damn powerful as it is.

I'm on board with the mega idea. Not a fan yet but that could easily change.

I think these Mega Evolutions will have enough limitations that there would be justifiable reasons not to use them.

There probably will be some limitations. Since it seems like that "Mega evolutions" can be activated through items, it makes me think that the only way those forms work are through the use of an item. That means no focus sash or life orb use on Pokemon who normally run those sets.

I just hope that sense Blaziken got this upgrade that ALL the starters get that upgrade.

It makes me wonder if one of the requirements to use "Mega Evolution" will be to have a strong bond with your Pokemon through Pokemon-amie.

I think the Mega evolutions thing is a much better idea than bulking up the Pokedex with alot of really stupid-evos. Gives more room for actual other pokemon

Oh also since this is item based, you arent even likely to probably see them but what? A couple times during the game?
You dont HAVE to use the items if you don't want to.

I love this idea. All of the Mega Evolved Pokemon look really cool (especially Blaziken) and while they may seem OP now, they might require an item to use or some sort of other method. It also lets other underappreciated Pokemon get some attention, though Mawile should have just gotten an evolution. One of the reasons that Black and White felt lackluster compared to other Generations is that it didn't introduce any new battle mechanics besides triple battles and rotation battles. Mega Pokemon are going to change the metagame completely and I'm OK with this.

Attachments

• 1ESVhjf.gif
    1ESVhjf.gif
    167.4 KB · Views: 4,477

There probably will be some limitations. Since it seems like that "Mega evolutions" can be activated through items, it makes me think that the only way those forms work are through the use of an item. That means no focus sash or life orb use on Pokemon who normally run those sets.

I just hope that sense Blaziken got this upgrade that ALL the starters get that upgrade.

It makes me wonder if one of the requirements to use "Mega Evolution" will be to have a strong bond with your Pokemon through Pokemon-amie.
I was thinking of a condition that needs to be fulfilled during battle. I'm not sure what it'll be, but it can be interesting if, let's say Mawile needs to use Sweet Scent in battle before it becomes MegaMawile, or Absol needs to use Future Sight.

The condition might be as simple as needing to be in for a turn before they take on the new Mega Evolution form.

I'm loving the Mega Evolutions so far. Especially now that I know that Mawhile won't be useless anymore. Now if only they'd make a Mega Evolution for Charizard.

Cuz why Blaziken? Why just Blaziken? What is the philosophy and the thought process behind giving Blaziken from all the starters a Mega form.

The poster hates Mega Forms, so the less the better.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom