• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

A lot of people are saying "i want all mega starters :D" - Absolutely no. I just can't.... Because all I can imagine now is the horrible Pokemon world where all Pokemon have mega forms.. I can't even think... To sum up my issues, they just seem so unnecessary to the point that it's bothering me...

I'll probably receive a lot of negative feed from this, but oh well.

I can definitely agree with you. I think that this whole thing is something they shouldn't have done and after thinking about it, I really don't like it. But with starters, the only reason I want all starters to get these stupid forms is because Blaziken got one and it would be unfair and unbalanced compared to all the other starters if they didn't.

Something that is really bothering about this Mega Evolution feature is the fact that I feel like Game Freak is kind of taking the easy route by not giving certain Pokémon a full blown evolution and instead giving them this temporary Mega Form, which I feel it should have been called since an "Evolution" to me is when a Pokémon like Mankey literally evolves into a Primeape and stays like that permanently. One of the Top 5 Pokémon I was hoping to evolve this Generation was Mawile (and Absol too) and as luck would have she didn't, what she got was a Mega Evolution (Form to me because like I said it wears off after a battle) and I must say I'm pretty sad but what's done is done, but still I would have loved a 100% real evolution for her. Now one can say this doesn't necessarily rule out an evolution for her but all the Pokémon she was featured with are fully evolved like Ampharos, Blaziken and, Lucario, a standalone like Absol and a legendary like Mewtwo so yeah I'm pretty much thinking that she or any other Pokémon that gets a Mega Evolution (Form) in the stage that they are in will most probably not get a true evolution at all, the event Torchic kind of alludes me to largely believe that this is the case in point due to the name of the item it is holding "Blazikenite".

Kind of agree with you plus the fact that it's possible that they couldn't find the right concept that connect with Absol and Mawile for an evolution or pre-evolution, so redesign the Pokemon in cooler looking form is like a way out.

Something that is really scaring me...how many new pokemin are we going to have this generation? I really hope that the new mega pokemin do bit forshadow a significant reduced number of new pokemons.

I'm kinda disappointed for Mawile especially. It's Mega form looks good enough to be just a standard evo :/

Something that is really bothering about this Mega Evolution feature is the fact that I feel like Game Freak is kind of taking the easy route by not giving certain Pokémon a full blown evolution and instead giving them this temporary Mega Form, which I feel it should have been called since an "Evolution" to me is when a Pokémon like Mankey literally evolves into a Primeape and stays like that permanently. One of the Top 5 Pokémon I was hoping to evolve this Generation was Mawile (and Absol too) and as luck would have she didn't, what she got was a Mega Evolution (Form to me because like I said it wears off after a battle) and I must say I'm pretty sad but what's done is done, but still I would have loved a 100% real evolution for her. Now one can say this doesn't necessarily rule out an evolution for her but all the Pokémon she was featured with are fully evolved like Ampharos, Blaziken and, Lucario, a standalone like Absol and a legendary like Mewtwo so yeah I'm pretty much thinking that she or any other Pokémon that gets a Mega Evolution (Form) in the stage that they are in will most probably not get a true evolution at all, the event Torchic kind of alludes me to largely believe that this is the case in point due to the name of the item it is holding "Blazikenite".

I definitely agree they should have restricted Mega to "fully-evolved" Pokemon that already seem "complete" and weren't likely to get real new evolutions, not Pokemon like Absol and Mawile. From what Serebii says, it seems that the Pokemonite Mega Stones are limited to events or Battle Tower-like challenges.

Since it's been confirmed not all Pokemon will go Mega, I simply hope that just all 19 starters get one and that will be enough.

Something that is really scaring me...how many new pokemin are we going to have this generation? I really hope that the new mega pokemin do bit forshadow a significant reduced number of new pokemons.

I'm almost 100% sure that Mega Pokemon won't take up another space within the dex, plus the Megalution (I saw someone use this) are just redesign, not totally new concepts so maybe we still have quite a decent amount of new Pokemon. However, if you have noticed, even Gen so far introduce the least amount of new Pokemon.

I'm kinda disappointed for Mawile especially. It's Mega form looks good enough to be just a standard evo :/

Actually, Mega Mawile is still Mawile, except for an added mouth, and more pink (to reflect fairy type??) and the stylized sideburn.

Actually, Mega Mawile is still Mawile, except for an added mouth, and more pink (to reflect fairy type??) and the stylized sideburn.
That's more than any other mega design's done though. They pretty much just added hair, whereas Mawile's added a second mouth, which is what a lot of people have speculated for an evolution anyway. Though I guess on Mawile the mouth part is its hair equivalent, so they just added more hair for it too.

Does this also mean that Koruni doesn't have a type speciality? It seems like she'll be using only these "Megalutions". This seems to be a concept for an 8th GL. But did they ever reveal the strongest GL this early?

I am hoping for two megalutions for Pokemon. I would enjoy quite fondly a megalution for Dragonite and Charizard. Dragonite because it is my favourite Pokemon, and charizard, so that I can obtain a Shiny one and unleash the powers of Shiny mega Charizard upon the world.

I think it's safe to assume Charizard gets one. Ash is toting it around in the anime right now for a reason. Just hope it's not only the Cool Badass Fire Starters Who Are Marketable Club.

EDIT: Just thought something hilarious.

Masuda: "Fennekin's final stage is Fire/Psychic!"

Fandom: "Yay!"

Masuda: "Buuut - it's Mega Evolution is Fire/Fighting!" *trollface*

Fandom: FFFFFFFF-!!!

I've already said it in the news thread, but I'll say it again. Maybe these Mega Evolution forms are actually primordial forms the Pokémon lived with before their current ones, which their genes still contains and is unlocked by these Mega Stones. As for Mewtwo, remember it is a clone of Mew.

Time passed and the Pokémon eventually changed their shapes to their currents for better adaptations, or because there wasn't a need for unnecessary power their former forms had.

If that is true, I think it's safe to assume that Fossil Pokémon won't get a Mega-form, as they didn't have the chance to adapt into new bodies.

Reading about Mega Evolutions was certainly a surprise. Design-wise, I like most of them. MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario look great, although MegaLucario doesn't improve upon Lucario's design in regards to its balance of cuteness and toughness in my opinion, and even MegaAmpharaos has grown on me thanks to the fanart I've seen. I'm glad that it isn't permanent since Pokemon like Lucario, Blaziken and Mewtwo really don't need traditional evolutions and being required to hold onto the Mega Stone is a good way to prevent them from being broken, especially with the abilities and stat boosts they can get.

That being said, I still would have preferred it if they had given traditional evolutions for older Pokemon. The concept is interesting, most of the designs are cool and I'm curious to see how it ties into the storyline of the game, but there are older Pokemon that could have actually benefited more from an evolution. MegaMawile could have passed for a traditional evolution and I've been wanting Absol to get an evolution for ages. Giving them Mega Evolutions does make it seem unlikely that they'll get evolutions, at least in this generation. After I got over the initial shock and I learned that they aren't permanent, I was generally okay with the concept, even if it is just a fancier way of saying alternate forms for older Pokemon. I'm curious to see where they're going with this and seeing these forms in gameplay footage would be cool too.

I think it's safe to assume Charizard gets one. Ash is toting it around in the anime right now for a reason. Just hope it's not only the Cool Badass Fire Starters Who Are Marketable Club.

I doubt that GameFreak will make a decision for something because of what the Anime is doing. GameFreak don't cater to the Anime series, they do whatever they think is best. I still hope for a Mega Charizard, because that would be quite the amazing site to behold.

I really was shocked when I saw these. Borderline I hated it. But after a day of sitting on it, I'm stupidly excited now! It's like the Pokemon version of final smash, or super combo's! This could be big for the competitive scene!

I am confused by Blaziken getting one though. Blaziken currently is on the ban list for being too über last I checked. If anything Blaziken needed a nerf but they just made him stronger.

I'd honestly be surprised if Charizard doesn't get a Mega form. It seems really popular as it is, but it could get more attention with a Mega form. All of the starters getting Mega forms would be kind of nice, although I'm not sure if they even plan to give that many Pokemon Mega forms anyway. Still, it would be kind of cool to see a MegaCharizard.

I doubt that GameFreak will make a decision for something because of what the Anime is doing. GameFreak don't cater to the Anime series, they do whatever they think is best. I still hope for a Mega Charizard, because that would be quite the amazing site to behold.

I'm pretty sure he means that the anime caters to Gamefreak, not vice versa.

I haven't watched the anime in awhile so I'm unaware of current events, however it sounds like he meant that Ash had his Charizard back now and that is why GameFreak would decide to have a megalution for Charizard. I could be wrong, but I don't think GameFreak informs the heads of the anime on what they're planning, so they wouldn't know to bring Charizard back into the series for that reason. Perhaps I misinterpreted what Zeta meant.

I'm almost 100% sure that Mega Pokemon won't take up another space within the dex, plus the Megalution (I saw someone use this) are just redesign, not totally new concepts so maybe we still have quite a decent amount of new Pokemon. However, if you have noticed, even Gen so far introduce the least amount of new Pokemon.
I sure hope that this is the case. Yeah, thats true. But I hope that they make an exception this generation. All the designs of the new pokemon so far have been amazing. I found the designs to have evolved artistically. And for that I would hate to see this gen ending with only 70-100 new pokemon only. Besides, the best thibg about new generation s is new pokemon :)

I haven't watched the anime in awhile so I'm unaware of current events, however it sounds like he meant that Ash had his Charizard back now and that is why GameFreak would decide to have a megalution for Charizard. I could be wrong, but I don't think GameFreak informs the heads of the anime on what they're planning, so they wouldn't know to bring Charizard back into the series for that reason. Perhaps I misinterpreted what Zeta meant.

The promotional/advertising arm of the franchise has always been a collaboration between the anime, the games, the cards, etc. GF released a Lizardon 3DS last summer, and as of since Lizardon has been heavily promoted in the anime as well as being the only final-form starter to be featured in any X/Y promotions. (until today's Mega Bursyamo, that is)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom