• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

I need to see Empoleon's mega evolution or even Torterra's :O

Something scary occurs to me - will Eviolite now work on un-evolved Mega Pokemon?

Is Eviolite Blaziken going to punch our faces in?

Regardless, yeah - I really want all the starters (including Pikachu) to get Mega Evolutions.

Like the Fairy type, I have negative things to say about this. I'll have to wait a while until I'll come to mind that this is all real. Please excuse while I vent about this.

I didn't know it was possible to make 5 Pokemon uglier all at once...
More forms.... yay.........
What's the point of this............
Warning all Dragon types, beware of Mega Mawile.

I don't like the idea of this, it's not that it's new, it's just that I'm stubborn.

Alright so with that all out of my mouth, I actually feel a bit better. Although I stand by my first opinion, besides Mawile, I found most Mega Blaziken, Absol, Ampharos, and Lucario to be quite ugly. I'm not sure how they picked Pokemon for this spot, but did Lucario or Blaziken really need this? They were both pretty powerful...

A lot of people are saying "i want all mega starters :D" - Absolutely no. I just can't.... Because all I can imagine now is the horrible Pokemon world where all Pokemon have mega forms.. I can't even think... To sum up my issues, they just seem so unnecessary to the point that it's bothering me...

I'll probably receive a lot of negative feed from this, but oh well.

Something scary occurs to me - will Eviolite now work on un-evolved Mega Pokemon?

Regardless, yeah - I really want all the starters (including Pikachu) to get Mega Evolutions.

I feel like this is an alternate evo. Like Riolu could become Lucario or MegaLucario. So I don't personally feel like Blaziken evolves into MegaBlaziken, but Combusken will. So...Eviolite Blaziken would just be nothing.

That's just what I'm speculating now.

I think it's a very interesting concept. I'm interested in more details to see how it works, particularly if it's activated via a condition during battle. It can be an interesting way for the battle situation to change in the middle of it.

Just want to say: I hate these mega evolution things. I really hope this ends up being some sort of hoax.

With the amounts of hate triple battles got back before BW were released, how is it no one is tearing into the idea of Mega-evolutions? This is the one time I'd be 100% behind the hatred.

Well, this wasn't a good thing to wake up to. I detest this concept. It's way over the top and stupid. Ugh. I was liking everything about X and Y until now. I hope I end up changing my mind, but for now, I'm very disappointed.

Oh and I think the second forme of Mewtwo in Mageleif's leaks might turn out to be MegaMew, because it was described as looking similar to Mew (and having two MegaMewtwo would make no sense).
The rumor clearly says that Mewtwo has two forms that are unlocked via version-exclusive items.

I think that there may be a distinction between Mega evolutions and another kind of new Formes with a separate prefix. They might work the same way in battle, but the explanation behind their creation could be different.

It's small, but I'm hoping Mawile still gets a normal evo. Same for Absol.

The only reason I want the other starters to get them is so that Blaziken isn't getting special treatment. Then again, there is apparently some Blaziken event...

Well, this wasn't a good thing to wake up to. I detest this concept. It's way over the top and stupid. Ugh. I was liking everything about X and Y until now. I hope I end up changing my mind, but for now, I'm very disappointed.

Same. I woke up to a picture text from a friend and I shot out of bed. This is definitely not something I needed in my life right now. I share your sentiment.

With the right implementation and sufficient limitations, it can turn out alright mechanically. A "Burst mode"-like concept sounds like something that could shake the metagame pretty nicely. Fourth stage Pokémon feel wrong though; they could have done with a minorly boosted design of the Pokémon or some kind aura instead.

They seem to work more like forms rather than actual evolutions, so I don't think eviolite would work...
The concept feels kinda weird to me... But I totally adore MegaAbsol's design.

About the starters... MegaMeganium? xD

I feel like this is an alternate evo. Like Riolu could become Lucario or MegaLucario. So I don't personally feel like Blaziken evolves into MegaBlaziken, but Combusken will. So...Eviolite Blaziken would just be nothing.

That's just what I'm speculating now.
I don't really feel that's the case, considering Pokémon that aren't a part of evolution families, like Mawile and Absol, have Mega Evolutions.

The only reason I want the other starters to get them is so that Blaziken isn't getting special treatment. Then again, there is apparently some Blaziken event...

Yes, X and Y owners can obtain a special Torchic with the Blazikenite item from October 12th, 2013 to January 15th, 2014 through WiFi. The Blazikenite is either the item necessary to change Blaziken into MegaBlaziken, or it must be combined with another item (Mega Stone) to make this possible.

It's a much better way to handle the DNA aspect of the games as opposed to fusions which some people were expecting. I love a lot of the designs for these, and retyping Ampharos is great. Finally it fits a bit better on Clair's Stadium 2 team.

What bothers me is that I'm guessing we're set with the pokemon getting mega forms not getting evolutions in the future. Design-wise, I definitely like Mawile's the best, because it's the most differentiated. Really, the thing easily could have been it's own pokemon, so it is annoying it's now just some battle only evolution. Pokemon with better stats in general that aren't yet 3 stage like Lucario getting a mega doesn't bother me, but pokemon with bleh stats being mega'd instead of simply evolving seems like the wrong way to go. Absol's a bit between those two, and doesn't do a whole lot for me either way.

And it does seem weird that we couldn't have simply gotten a mewtwo form as something separate from mega evolutions, but that's probably just because we've been looking at it as that kind of forme for 4 months now.

I'm just holding out for my MegaSwampert. And looking at that, just slapping the word Mega in front of pokemon names isn't that aesthetically pleasing to the eye. I wouldn't have minded something more like having the names have the prime symbol or a star (though I guess that's reserved for shinies) after the name. Just the word mega is eh.

They don't really... look right. They look like how I (and probably many others) would have made an evolution to a Pokémon when I was like ten years old. Just adding some little things to a pre-existing one. It looks atrocious. MegaAbsol (ugh, I can't believe I just typed that) looks especially laughable.

Loving the mega evolutions, especially since Blaziken is my favourite Pokemon. I actually came up with my own theory about them that you can read here, if you want. The Mega Stone has been mentioned as perhaps being a hold item to cause mega evolution but there's a good chance a lot of it could still come down to my theory.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom