• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

I wonder how many Pokemon are going to have a Mega Evolution. If I could make two Pokemon have a Mega Evolution, it would probably be Meganium and Yanmega. Because then, we get... MEGAMEGANIUM and MEGAYANMEGA!!!! Their names are over 70% mega!!

MegaDragonite, evolves with Dragonitenite.

Gotta say, I was on board with everything gen 6 had to offer, until now. What made Nintendo/GF think adding mega evolutions was a good idea? I think a fourth evo might have been a better idea. Better yet, make the megas of single evo pokemon just their evolved forms and keep Newmew a form change. Although, now I can see how close the drawing I made years ago of a "Sceptile evolution" is to the real thing.

On a side note: What happened to Ampharos? Couldn't they have come up with a better design?

I wonder how many Pokemon are going to have a Mega Evolution. If I could make two Pokemon have a Mega Evolution, it would probably be Meganium and Yanmega. Because then, we get... MEGAMEGANIUM and MEGAYANMEGA!!!! Their names are over 70% mega!!

Which is cool because in Japanese, it's MegaMegayanma.

I'm undecided on the concept. But my goodness, I love the execution of that concept so far. Except Ampharos.

First things first:
OMFG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER! Temporary, sure, but still! Electric/Dragon Amphy rocks. All I need is a speed buffed MegaFlygon, and my world is complete.

Now that I vented, I really love how it should be plot important. I really wanna see how they're gonna fit the mascots, an evil team working for money and megamon all into a cohesive plot. Speaking of plot, give me my Colress vindication, dude needs it!

I really can see Colress appearing here. I mean it just makes sense.

I hope Serperior gets a Grass/Dragon Mega with Contrary! Hopefully it can learn Draco Meteor :p

I hope Serperior gets a Grass/Dragon Mega with Contrary! Hopefully it can learn Draco Meteor :p
That brings up a point I hadn't thought of. Because they're just in battle transformations, the moves they know will most likely just be the moves the regular form knows. Which means anything that turns part dragon, Ampharos and any slew of potentials including Charizard and Serperior. Won't be able to learn Draco Meteor. Currently Ampharos can only learn Outrage, which isn't too helpful on a pokemon geared towards Sp. Attack. I could see a lot of pokemon getting their learnsets tweaked to be more conducive to mega forms.

At least now it finally makes sense that Ampharos can know Cotton Guard and Cotton Spore without itself having hair any longer.

I'm undecided on the concept. But my goodness, I love the execution of that concept so far. Except Ampharos.

you realize that if mega ampharos and regular were reversed we'd all be shocked and saying "oh my jesus, they shaved ampharos!"

I don't really like how they call these "evolutions", since that implies a permanent change. These are just glorified forms, it's not really as revolutionary as it's made out to be. I think they're just misusing the word evolution to overhype it.

IDK if this has been brought up yet, but maybe if the rest of the starters get Mega Evolutions too, they are all obtained through download like the Trochic event. They'd all have special abilities and their respective Mega Stone.

IDK if this has been brought up yet, but maybe if the rest of the starters get Mega Evolutions too, they are all obtained through download like the Trochic event. They'd all have special abilities and their respective Mega Stone.
Yes, I mentioned this a couple hours ago and I think it is a likely scenario. I personally wouldn't mind megalutions for the starters as DLCs, but please Game Freak, keep them FREE. Hell, even if they release the megalutions as paid DLC, I will probably buy some or all of them.

I don't think you have to worry about them making people pay for something like that. If they were gonna do that then the Torchic event would prolly be something payed for too. Thank god it's not!!! lol

Alright, so here's what I think.

Last night, I saw this for the first time. A lot of people know that I love each and every single Pokemon, and every single generation for what they bring to the franchise we know and love. But when I saw this, it was truly the first time I saw groundbreaking Pokemon news, and thought no, this is too far.

Not only is this way too Digimon for me, and don't get me wrong because I loved Digimon, I just didn't think that it fit in here. But I was probably the most severly disappointed that Pokemon I was hoping and praying for to get evolutions, are now getting stuck with stupid formes instead.

So I went to sleep, hoping that this was all a bad dream or a hoax. But I woke up this morning, and yes, it was still real.

Now that it's had a little more time to sink in, I'm kinda warming up to the idea. And I know that I will eventually accept it. Because I love Pokemon, and I guess these are Pokemon now. And hey, if the other starters get Mega Evolutions, then I for one cannot wait to see what MegaCharizard looks like!!

For me, now it's time to get over the shock, and take it for what it is. So now I'm just getting excited to see what other Pokemon get Mega Evolutions.

I still can't get past one thing though. I personally think that Mega Evolutions should have been reserved for already fully evolved Pokemon. Absol and Mawile should have had a chance to evolve!!

I, me, myself, personally, think the whole Mega Evolution concept is ridiculous and unnecessary. It's like a very, very bad fan idea.

Nah man Pokemon fans can and have come up with way worse ideas.

The idea seems alright to me. Game Freak is just trying out new things; I can't fault them for that. I will say, though, that I wish MegaMawile was Mawile's actual evolution. I think it's differentiated from Mawile enough to warrant being its own species, but can't do anything about that now.

On another note, I would be very disappointed if Blaziken was the only starter to get a Mega Evolution. What makes it so special? I like Blaziken, but it shouldn't get any unneeded extra treatment, especially since it's already good enough with its Speed Boost ability. I say all the other starters will get a Mega Evolution as well. Blaziken doesn't seem that much more popular, if at all, in comparison to the other starters; especially not Charizard.

Also, MegaLucario is very ugly. Sorry 'bout it. :/

Digimon comparisons are inevitable with every new generation. Moreso even now with these Mega Evolutions I say. These guys definitely follow the Digimon tradition of adding doddads here and there when evolving and gaining power. Often the Digimon comparison argument seen as a way to say that newer Pokemon designs are becoming lazy and show a loss of creativity. That's really an unfair thing to say about Digimon considering it had some pretty awesome mons before the series died.

Click it, it's pretty awesome!
ZpemczV.gif

I don't think you have to worry about them making people pay for something like that. If they were gonna do that then the Torchic event would prolly be something payed for too. Thank god it's not!!! lol

There is always the possibility of Blaziken being the only free DLC, but I do hope you are right about we not having to pay for download-able content.

Ok I haven't had time to go through all these pages, but I'm just going to post my thoughts anyway.

Pokemon has officially reached new heights - this is a massive risk for a franchise that has really only innovated the series in, let's face it, compared to this generation, small ways. The risk has paid off, in my mind. I love everything about MegaEvolutions, Super Training and wow. I didn't think I could get more excited.

MegaMawile, MegaLucario, and MegaBlaziken are probably my favourites - and as much as I love Ampharos, it's Mega design looks like they just stuck on some fur, which is the only thing I have to complain about. Electric/Dragon is awesome though.

One thing I'm confused on - does MegaEvolution happen at the beginning of the battle if the Pokemon is holding a Mega Stone? Or do we have to activate it mid-way through/use it like a normal item? It doesn't look like it's been stipulated yet.

Also from what I understand, Mega Stones will be available in normal gameplay EXCEPT for Blazikenite which is event-only and pretty much a Mega Stone but just for Blaziken?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom