• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

I am not feeling that Mega Arcanine. It's one of my favourite Pokemon and its simplicity is what makes it so great in my eyes. I think I'd like to see a Mega Evolution for it, but not that. Definitely not that.

Bleh. Personally I really don't like any of those. Arcanine is quite hideous with that Dragon-like face, and it could lose the armor and collar if you ask me.

Coffagrigus looks weird to me. Not sure why, it just does. Milotic is the only one I like, but I'm more indifferent about it than fond. Either way, they're all better than what I could make.

The Milotic looks good, but Cofagrigus being out of the coffin looks...wrong. And I'm not too keen on Arcanine suddenly deciding to wear lipstick~ Plus, the fire coming out of his fur (maybe as opposed to the fur becoming flames) also looks a bit weird to me.

Looks like I am the only one who enjoyed fake Mega Arcanine's design. That cust because I enjoy complex designs more than plain and simple. Anyway, it looks more like a Shisa dog statue, which is a nice thing. Too bad it is fake.

I found this Mega Alakazam on DA, personally I really like it. Except the fork, I'd rather the spoons be kept.

mega_alakazam_by_elyas11-d6ino5n.jpg

Looks like I am the only one who enjoyed fake Mega Arcanine's design. That cust because I enjoy complex designs more than plain and simple. Anyway, it looks more like a Shisa dog statue, which is a nice thing. Too bad it is fake.

Nope you are not the only one who liked it :D

I honestly think it has a terrific design and looks more like what Arcanine is supposed to be based off.

Eeeeh, not too keen on that one.

I hope they stay away from one's that add a bunch of random bits and patterns (looking at you, Lucario) and do more subtle, but still great looking ones. Like how Absol's fur stands up and resembles wings, or Kanghaskan fighting alongside a slightly older version of its child.

Well, it's by no means a bad design, but to me, Alakazam just doesn't really relate to demons that much so I couldn't really see his Mega looking like one.

Now if they made Hypno a demon...

I found this Mega Alakazam on DA, personally I really like it. Except the fork, I'd rather the spoons be kept.

Once again, I like it. :3 Actually this one is my favorite fake Mega Evolution so far. Should this Mega Alakazam be Psychic/Dark? Perhaps Psychic/Ghost?

A real Mega Alakazam wouldn't look like that. As already mentioned, a lot of parts about its design are quite random and mixed and matched, especially the moon and flame tips on its ears. If they were to make one for Alakazam, I can see it being more simplified.

On the other hand...

That Mega Arcanine from before is, IMO, itself is too simple and kind of a bit boring in its design. Sure the difference is stark when you first glance at it, but it essentially looks like a regular Arcanine but with bits of armor and jewelry added to it. To put it bluntly, not different enough.

Once again, I like it. :3 Actually this one is my favorite fake Mega Evolution so far. Should this Mega Alakazam be Psychic/Dark? Perhaps Psychic/Ghost?

The artist who drew it suggested Psychic/Ghost, but I see it a bit more as Psychic/Dark. It could certainly pull off either one though. :>

Undead Alakazam looks amazing. It even has faux symbolism! With the fire burning the tips of its horns to the fork that may or may not represent his now-twisted soul and the hole in his personality. to the weird moon with a spike on his head, it's really cool.

I really love that fake Mega Cofagrigus - I imagine it's defenses would drop while it's speed and attack would skyrocket. I don't like the four ghostly hands randomly coming from its elbows though - I think they should come from the head (if they're even still needed).

Alakazam looks a little over-designed, but I still quite like it. Arcanine - not such a fan. I don't really like the lipstick, and I think the fire (particularly from the tail) could look much more integrated instead of just being tacked on.

Milotic is cool, Water/Dragon would be fitting.

A Banette Mega like this would be great. The zip is opened and the ghostly energy inside escapes, causing a power boost.

I really like how normal Banette is fused into the back of the Mega one, really nifty. While I do like that one, I'm also quite fond of this design.

I really like how normal Banette is fused into the back of the Mega one, really nifty. While I do like that one, I'm also quite fond of this design.

I really like that one too, but I think that would be better as an actual evolution, instead of a mega. Mega's seem to have less drastic changes (from what we know so far).

It looks awesome, damn i wish it was the real mega evolution of Alakazam, if he gets one in the first place of course.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom