• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

Well, we can't call it Eeveelite... The bigger question is whether the Eeveelutions would need separate Mega Stones. If they're shared, it could simply be called Eonite or something (not to be confused with Lationite or whatever(s) for the Lati duo).

Hey, anyone think the Hitmons might have mega forms?

Other faux megas out there in the fanart world.... Masquerain and Heracross look pretty faithful to the originals.
1. Mega evolution for the Eeveelutions would probably need separate stones. They are still different Pokemon, even if they're all in the same evolutionary family.
2. YES.
3. Mega Heracross looks like it got new spikes on its wings, contacts, and a paint job. I don't really like it, but that might be just me. Mega Masquerain, on the other hand, I somewhat like. It expands on the concept of it scaring enemies away with its giant eye-like antenna (did anybody else think that they were wings?). Although, I don't think that those "eyes" are very intimidating.

No, outside of a mega normal Eveelution for base Eevee, the Eeveelutions as a whole shouldn't get mega-evolutions. I feel as if that might take away from their sort of uniqueness, as well as Sylveon's current thunder. Mega-evolutions are more like a "what if" scenario to me, so it should only be for certain cases. (ie making Base Eevee's gene structure stable for a moment)

----

Personally like this one for Sceptile
mega_sceptile_by_dragonith-d6i1lmm.png

Haven't seen one of Swampert I'm really that found of yet, but I guess it's monster like appearance is not easy to add on to, and I've always favored the other Hoenn starter designs over its original to begin with I guess.

Swamperts:
mega_swampert_by_dragonith-d6i4pwc.png
megaswampertfinal_by_fullangelverde-d6heqld.png

Aerodactyl was also on the leaked "list" as well right? Mega Aerodactyl by *Dragonith on deviantART

No, outside of a mega normal Eveelution for base Eevee, the Eeveelutions as a whole shouldn't get mega-evolutions.
Eevee shouldn't get an mega either. It isn't a fully evolved Pokémon nor a Pokémon without evolutionary relatives, so I don't see why it should.

Where did this adding-random-black-markings bandwagon come from? The only official Mega Evolution that added black was Blaziken, the others either received a different color or no additional colors at all.

I'm pretty sure Lucario was the trend setter for random black markings, especially when his random black markings actually have a story behind them.

Where did this adding-random-black-markings bandwagon come from? The only official Mega Evolution that added black was Blaziken, the others either received a different color or no additional colors at all.

I'm pretty sure Lucario was the trend setter for random black markings, especially when his random black markings actually have a story behind them.

Lucario already had black on his body, (though, not on his arms or pants) though. If anything, Lucario's random red markings are more notable.

Fake Mega forms of Pokemon huh?
I got a few personal favs

Since im a Charizard fan,Im a posting some fake Mega Poke draggys here.
My personal favorite fake Mega Charizard:
MegaCharizard by ~icaro382 on deviantART

fake Mega Dragonite
Mega Dragonite: King of the skies by ~Agryo on deviantART

fake Mega Pikachu*face shot off*
Mega Pikachu by ~Elyas11 on deviantART

Its pretty interesting if you ask me.

Mega Charizard looks really good. Mega Dragonite, on other hand, is a disgrace imo. I think a Mega Dragonite should look a bit more like its pre-evolutions.

Also, no Mega Pikachu pls.

Really? I saw it totally contrariwise - Charizard looked rather plain imo. And that Dragonite! I want one right now! #-#
I disagree about his not resembling pre-evos - I think the whole idea of giving him an air of Eastern Dragon was to bring back the elegant elongated forms of Dragonair, rather than chubby looking regular Dragonite.

=D

I disagree about his not resembling pre-evos - I think the whole idea of giving him an air of Eastern Dragon was to bring back the elegant elongated forms of Dragonair, rather than chubby looking regular Dragonite.

It's probably the floof. So far, all Mega evolutions are easily identified with their base species, but that take on a Mega Dragonite just . . . looks too different.

I want Braviary to get a Mega Evolution. It's so disappointing for something that waited until level 54 to evolve. Here's what I want for it:

- Fighting/Flying
- Increased Speed (up to 110 base speed) and *maybe* Attack (but definitely shouldn't get more than a 10 point boost)
- Hustle

Also give non-Mega Braviary a change in its move set so that it can utilize its Mega Evolution by having it learn more fighting moves like Close Combat. For the ability, I chose Hustle since Braviary can naturally learns Hone Claws so it can offset the accuracy loss....but I'd like to see more Mega Evolutions with new abilities.

Last edited:

hey guys what do you think of this potential mega evolution strategy(for double/triple battles)
let say in a double you lead of with a pokemon that can mega evolve and some other lead. the one that can mega evolve won't have its mega stone instead it will have some other item to boost it power or do something. one other pokemon in your part has to know switcheroo/trick holding a mega stone. you battle the opponents other pokemon ether to no avail or you want to mess with them. you switch the other lead(the one that doesn't mega evolve) with a pokemon holding a mega stone. next turn or two use switcheroo/trick on your partner then mega evolve it. ideally this strategy should make use of a mega pokemons original ability and item as it normally would. then mega evolve to make the best out of the new ability,type,etc...

I doubt switcheroo would have an effect on Pokemon who hold the Mega Stone, if that's what you're trying to say. D: I'm starting to think that they'll kind of make it like the Arceus formes and Giratina-o: You can't necessarily trick these items nor swap them cause they're form-dependent.

So I found this, and I'm not very fond of it, but I just think it's hilarious. It's a Dugtrio Evo/Mega.

dugteam_by_pokedex_himori-d353kvu.png

I personally like the guy's Altaria. At least the black markings make sense there.
Storm Altaria is amazing, but Electric/Dragon should be an Amphy exclusive.

Also, Mega Sceptile should be grass/dragon, no matter what.

If Blaziken got a Mega Evolution then it would only be fair for the rest of the starters to get them too. Okay let's go...

~Kanto Mega Starters
Mega Venusaur- Grass/Poison- ???
Mega Charizard- Fire/Dragon- Levitate
Mega Blastoise- Water/Steel- ???

~Johto Mega Starters
Mega Meganium- Grass/Fairy- ???
Mega Typhlosion- Fire/Ground- ???
Mega Feraligatr- Water/Ice- ???

~Hoenn Mega Starters
Mega Sceptile- Grass/Electric- ???
Mega Blaziken- Fire/Fighting- Speed Boost
Mega Swampert- Water/Ground- ???

~Sinnoh Mega Starters
Mega Torterra- Grass/Ground- ???
Mega Infernape- Fire/Fighting- ???
Mega Empoleon- Water/Steel- ???

~Unova Mega Starters
Mega Serperior- Grass/Dragon- ???
Mega Emboar- Fire/Fighting- ???
Mega Samurott- Water/Fighting- ???

I'll skip the Kalos Starters since we have no official information on their final stages yet.

I know that some of these typings are already predictable (looking at you Sinnoh). I think there are so many good abilities that can be given to each individual starter (if they don't already have a good ability to begin with) so I just couldn't settle for one ability alone, perhaps you guys can share some ideas for abilities based on the typings I gave to certain starters? Overall I really love the type combos and think they are perfect imo.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas? What abilities would you guys give the starters based on the types I gave them and do you like the typings?

IMO:

Venusaur - Grass/Poison
Charizard - Fire/Flying
Blastoise - Water

Meganium - Grass or Grass/Fairy
Typhlosion - Fire or Fire/Normal
Feraligatr - Water/Dark

Sceptile - Grass
Blaziken - Fire/Fighting
Swampert - Water/Ground

Torterra - Grass/Ground
Infernape - Fire/Fighting
Empoleon - Water/Steel

Serperior - Grass/Dragon
Emboar - Fire/Fighting
Samurott - Water/Fighting

I see no reason to change the type of Pokémon that are already dual types, like Charizard.

Here's some I'd do:

Meganium: Grass/Fairy, Multiscale
Typhlosion: Fire or Fire/Ground, Drought
Swampert: Water/Ground, Dry Skin
Empoleon: Water/Steel, Intimidate
Serperior: Grass/Dragon, Contrary
Samurott: Water/Fighting, Lightningrod

Here's some I'd do:

Meganium: Grass/Fairy, Multiscale
Typhlosion: Fire or Fire/Ground, Drought
Swampert: Water/Ground, Dry Skin
Empoleon: Water/Steel, Intimidate
Serperior: Grass/Dragon, Contrary
Samurott: Water/Fighting, Lightningrod

The only one I'd change would be to give Empoleon Moxie and a nice boost in speed to boot.

I see no reason to change the type of Pokémon that are already dual types, like Charizard.

I guess it all really lies in personal preference. I for one am all for it and would love a Mega Charizard to be Fire/Dragon type.

Also several of your ideas for the types of the potential Mega Starters seem to be what I would want so that's cool. I find a Fire/Normal Mega Typhlosion to be quite peculiar :p. The reason I picked Fire/Ground for a Mega Typhlosion is because Typhlosion really seems to share its appearance with Badgers who not only like to burrow for food but also live in said burrows and also because of its species the "Volcano Pokémon".

I'd want Mega Infernape to mirror Infernape in Conquest and gain Moxie (the closest ability we have to Conqueror) or to actually create the ability, though it may be over powered.

Conqueror - Increases Attack, Defense, and Accuracy*

Either way, I'd like Infernape to rival Blaziken in that Blaziken is powerful but has a means of increasing its speed, while Infernape is fast but has a means for increasing its power.

*The reason I put accuracy over speed is because the speed stat in Conquest doesn't affect who goes first, but whether a move hits (or you dodge)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom