• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
^Screw you guys. Mega Genger is awesome.

It stops looking like gengar.

It's better than looking like a blackened Clefable.

You just made regular gengar even better. I love clefable.
Mega Genger design is far more creative than a ghostly version of Clefable tho.

That does not make it a better design.
A completely original design(Mega Genger) vs a copy paste of another pokemon(normal Genger) Do the math, the award for better design obviously goes to the one who the artist didn't think "Hey why don't i take this pokemon, color it black and give it red eyes... BOOM new Pokemon" when the were making it.

Because there's nothing suggesting that they can't happen in other regions.

I actually don't know what they're going to do with this. The game seems to state over and over they only occur here, and it is because of the fallout from what stopped the weapon in ancient times. I know that doesn't prevent it from happening in future regions or for it to even eventually be retconned, but they seem dead set on it only being here.

^Screw you guys. Mega Genger is awesome.

It stops looking like gengar.

It's better than looking like a blackened Clefable.

You just made regular gengar even better. I love clefable.
Mega Genger design is far more creative than a ghostly version of Clefable tho.

That does not make it a better design.
A completely original design(Mega Genger) vs a copy paste of another pokemon(normal Genger) Do the math, the award for better design obviously goes to the one who the artist didn't think "Hey why don't i take this pokemon, color it black and give it red eyes... BOOM new Pokemon" when the were making it.

Except that isn't how gengar was designed. Gengar was created before clefable, and in a gen where simplicity and recognizability mattered. I prefer the more simple clean designs and you like whatever you like, that's fine, but it doesn't mean one design is better.

I actually don't know what they're going to do with this. The game seems to state over and over they only occur here, and it is because of the fallout from what stopped the weapon in ancient times. I know that doesn't prevent it from happening in future regions or for it to even eventually be retconned, but they seem dead set on it only being here.

Maybe the Mega Stones will only be available in Kalos, but future Pokemon and Regions will have the capacity to still have Mega Evolution?
Like more Pokemon will be getting Mega Evolutions, but to get their Mega Evolved forms, any and all Mega Stones will have to come from the Kalos Region games.

There's also the possibility that the storyline itself might be Kalos-only but Mega Evolving would still be available in the future.

I don't see why a Mega Stone would stop working just because you cross the Kalos border (and if Origin is any indication, itdoesn't matter where you are). All Mega Stones in future generations could have originated from Kalos, and travelers found these weird stones while traveling and took them home.

Sycamore also originally hypothesized the Mega Stones may have originally been evolution stones. It's possible that in future generations, researchers would have figured out how to simulate the creation of Mega Stones, but the process is different for each type of Mega Evolution. Personally, I think they're Ever Stones. It's the only stone that affects all Pokemon that can evolve, but rather than hindering evolution, it somehow has its power changed so that it allows a Pokemon to evolve past its limitations.

Maybe the Mega Stones will only be available in Kalos, but future Pokemon and Regions will have the capacity to still have Mega Evolution?
Like more Pokemon will be getting Mega Evolutions, but to get their Mega Evolved forms, any and all Mega Stones will have to come from the Kalos Region games.
Not going to happen if you can't store items in Pokemon Bank (which, so far, you can't).

There's also the possibility that the storyline itself might be Kalos-only but Mega Evolving would still be available in the future.
This is the more likely possibility. Can ANYONE explain why items such as the Soul Dew and Creation trio orbs should be so easily obtainable in Unova and Kalos like they are?

If a sequel Kalos story were to focus on the creation of more Mega Stones, Game Freak could allude to the possibility of even more stones being discovered in other regions.

Not going to happen if you can't store items in Pokemon Bank (which, so far, you can't).

This is the more likely possibility. Can ANYONE explain why items such as the Soul Dew and Creation trio orbs should be so easily obtainable in Unova and Kalos like they are?

Because if they weren't in the game then how would you get them.......

I noticed that, too. They seem to think the legends can only occur in their region, yet we know they very well can exist in other regions. I personally think this mess will be retconned at some point. They obviously will expand on it at some point, and the item's origin is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. They would have to make sure we have access to every single one of them.

I noticed that, too. They seem to think the legends can only occur in their region, yet we know they very well can exist in other regions. I personally think this mess will be retconned at some point. They obviously will expand on it at some point, and the item's origin is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. They would have to make sure we have access to every single one of them.

Maybe they will some day give everything a timeline and be like "Well the champion before you came and left his legend's item over here when he died" Or something. I dunno.

Maybe they will some day give everything a timeline and be like "Well the champion before you came and left his legend's item over here when he died" Or something. I dunno.

I know Arceusists wouldn't like the retcon though. It'd be a way of forcing them to acknowledge the existance of multiple "special" legends like Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina.

I was referring to the Mega Stones, but I suppose the same logic applies. They've already shown they can have the legends' items without the legends themselves being present. The question here, though, is whether the Mega Stones can exist outside the fallout in Kalos. Not just having someone take them from Kalos to somewhere else, although that is possible too, but for them to NATURALLY exist outside the region. For this to be true, the influence of Xerneas and Yveltal would have to exist outside of Kalos as well. Many legends have had doubles of themselves be scattered in the other regions, including major ones like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Technically, multiples of even Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina DO exist, as the Arceus event restarts the universe for there to be another one of any of them. I personally think none of this matters and they'll either have the Mega stones be available through a shop like the above suggests, or another way for the Mega Stones to exist outside of Kalos will be made. I honestly think it would be easier to retcon the whole deal, as this whole "individual stone" thing is very ungainly, and if more Megas are made in the future, then it will start to get very cumbersome. I also think it would cut out the red tape on why the stones are there other than it's a game. (although I know a ton of other items that only exist for the purpose of making an evo possible)

From an in-game perspective, having individual Mega Stones don't make that much sense to me.

If Mega stones are evolutionary-stones/any-other-item-turned-Mega-stone, why did some turn into "Ampharosite" or "Garchompite"? Why didn't they all just turn into a "Mega stone" that could be used by any final-stage Pokemon?

I wouldn't say no to a complete retcon down the road when we have a lot of Mega stones (that is, making just one "Mega Stone" item). However, if they keep the idea of individual stones (which I think they will), then I can see them being sold in stores in future games.

I'VE GOT IT! Okay so we can trade with other people and the game has referenced it before. Well what are we really trading with? Well parallel universes of course! That's why you can get multiple legends by trading, items and etc. That's why semmingly one of a kind items can appear in random weird caves and stuff.

I noticed that Gastrodon's Pokedex entries mention it having a large shell in ancient times. Given that Mega Aerodactyl is thought to be how it looked in ancient times (according to the official site), then I wonder if a Mega Gastrodon could regain that shell? It would be pretty neat.

Its simple, that great war?

All the souls of pokemon got compressed into evolution stones, hence why they only work for one.

hmm what are considered ubers now seeing that some mega evolutions far surpasses pkm on the old uber list

hmm what are considered ubers now seeing that some mega evolutions far surpasses pkm on the old uber list

Blaziken, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo are the only current Ubers, with Gengarite being discussed for a quickban.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom