• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
I think in the third version or R/S remakes, the remaining Hoenn starters will at least get Mega Evolutions along with the Latios and Latias. Maybe Groudon and Kyogre too, I'd especially like to see a Kyogre Mega. I think the remaining starters will get them as well in the third version.

Is anyone else for a Mega Raichu? I would love one that is Electric/Ice with BoltBeam access.
(Granted, it wouldn't be much for competitive use, but I would like it)

I've posted some Mega Evolution ideas in other threads, but I'll post them here.

Mega Rapidash- Turns into a fiery alicorn and becomes Fire/Flying type. Its ability would change to Aerialate, and it would gain boosts in Attack, Speed, and maybe a little bit of Special Attack (I'm not really good at calculating stat spreads, so IDK exactly what to do for that)

Mega Kingler- Its right claw grows in size to match its left claw, and it gains an Attack boost. Its ability changes to Tough Claws.

Mega Noctowl- Changes type to Psychic/Flying and gains a Special Attack boost. Not really sure about anything else.

Mega Magcargo- Ability changes to Solid Rock and gains a massive Defense boost.

Mega Torkoal- Its shell hardens into steel changing its type to Fire/Steel. It also gains boosts in Defense, Special Defense, and a little bit of Attack.

Mega Luxray- Changes type to Electric/Dark and gains an Attack boost.

Mega Arceus- Its stats all bump up to 135 and its ability changes to Protean.

Mega Serperior- Changes type to Grass/Dragon and gains a Special Attack boost.

Mega Florges- Changes type to Fairy/Grass and gets a boost in HP and Special Defense.

And here's some other Pokemon that should get Mega Evolutions that I don't have ideas for:

-Raichu
-Dragonite
-Meganium
-Typhlosion
-Feraligatr
-Crobat
-Togekiss
-Skarmory
-Donphan
-Sceptile
-Swampert
-Gallade
-Sableye
-Roserade
-Sharpedo
-Zangoose
-Seviper
-Salamence
-Metagross
-Groudon
-Kyogre
-Rayquaza
-Torterra
-Infernape
-Empoleon
-Vespiquen
-Floatzel
-Drifblim
-Lopunny
-Spiritomb
-Drapion
-Toxicroak
-Weavile
-Electivire
-Magmortar
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Regigigas
-Cresselia
-Darkrai
-Emboar
-Samurott
-Excadrill
-Zoroark
-Jellicent
-Galvantula
-Ferrothorn
-Chandelure
-Haxorus
-Bisharp
-Keldeo
-Chestnaught
-Delphox
-Greninja
-Xerneas
-Yveltal
-Zygarde

I like a lot of these (especially Dunsparce), but every time I think of a pokemon that I'd like to see a Mega Evolution for, I can't help but think, "But wouldn't a regular evolution be even better?" You know what I mean?

Either way, Dunsparce seriously needs some help. Hang in there, buddy. :-(

I find it funny when people say that legendaries with a 680 BST should Mega Evolve. Yes, Game Freak have already done it with Mewtwo, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I can't see megas being introduced in a remake, because realistically, they are explicitly said to come from Kalos. I can see them being exported goods, with perhaps a storyline with a cargo plane exploding over the remaked region, or whatever. Hence, it is unlogical for new Mega Stones to be introduced in past regions, because there's no other logical reason to why. I mean maybe conflicting timespace energy if its in Sinnoh, but that is a titanic stretch.

Inb4 Mega Stones in Sinnoh Underground =w=

I think it was mentioned elsewhere, but Steven Stone could potentially have some, given his hobby.

I'd like to see a Mega Sandslash. Maybe Lunatone and Solrock, too, though I'm not sure how they'd work.

Is anyone else for a Mega Raichu? I would love one that is Electric/Ice with BoltBeam access.
(Granted, it wouldn't be much for competitive use, but I would like it)

We already got a Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Blastoise. I'd love a Mega Pidgeot, a Mega Butterfree and a Mega Raichu. Since for now Mega Evolutions seem to be exclusive to popular Pokémon (like Charizard and Mewtwo) and not weak Pokémon (Shedinja and such), and the anime was really popular in the day, I'd love to get Mega Evolution for all six of Ash's original Pokémon, all of which are staples in any team of mine.

I think it was mentioned elsewhere, but Steven Stone could potentially have some, given his hobby.

if we ever visit hoenn again he will most likely will have a mega metagross and the beldum he gives you will be holding metagrossite, like diantha's ralts. however, it is possible that he will have a mega aggron, given how gamefreak hates metagross and keeps making it worse each game

As I have said many a time before, MEGA FARFETCH'D. DO IT GF. DO IT NOW.
Since Mega Evolution boosts a pokemon BST by 100 i doubt it would make Farfectch'd any better unless they gave him Huge Power but they can't keep using Huge Power to make a pokemon good, i would like a Mega Farfecht'd nonetheless.

To start with, mega evolution for the forgotten starters, they deserve at least one, since to GF eyes they're not as "cool" as charizard who got two (Why just only Kanto starters and blaziken got it? In the M-Blaziken side it angers me since I totally love sceptile and swampert, and just torchic.. Tch). I'm dying to see a M-Emboar or M-Feraligatr someday.
Second, Unovian megas, we just knew Kalos 'mons wouldn't get megas? Arceus help us if pokés like aegislash got it, but why Unova? I don't see any point besides a future link with this region (God bless GF if this is true, and I know it won't).
Third, no more megas for OU and Uber. What GF's doing is reducing the chances for weaker 'mons, look to what megas did to pokés like manectric and houndoom.. While they didn't jump to OU, it helped them see a little more spotlight, and what I say it's the poké who jumped higher thanks to mega (and typing change), gardevoir. From NU to BL (can't remember the exact tier), that's good.
If I'm to pick M-pokés.. Gallade (wynaut? Gardevoir has mega), mienshao, haxorus (I know, I was complaining at OU megas, but Garchomp.. I'd want haxorus, in fact the axe arms would look better in the axe dragon, just imo), and don't forget my buggy bros galvantula, volcarona, leavanny and scolipede.
M-Pokéfossils anyone? Just looked at armaldo and kabutops and they'd looked mega'ed. Don't tell this is no possible for the reason mega stones exist, I know that >_< I was just wondering.

To start with, mega evolution for the forgotten starters, they deserve at least one, since to GF eyes they're not as "cool" as charizard who got two (Why just only Kanto starters and blaziken got it? In the M-Blaziken side it angers me since I totally love sceptile and swampert, and just torchic.. Tch). I'm dying to see a M-Emboar or M-Feraligatr someday.
Second, Unovian megas, we just knew Kalos 'mons wouldn't get megas? Arceus help us if pokés like aegislash got it, but why Unova? I don't see any point besides a future link with this region (God bless GF if this is true, and I know it won't).
Third, no more megas for OU and Uber. What GF's doing is reducing the chances for weaker 'mons, look to what megas did to pokés like manectric and houndoom.. While they didn't jump to OU, it helped them see a little more spotlight, and what I say it's the poké who jumped higher thanks to mega (and typing change), gardevoir. From NU to BL (can't remember the exact tier), that's good.
If I'm to pick M-pokés.. Gallade (wynaut? Gardevoir has mega), mienshao, haxorus (I know, I was complaining at OU megas, but Garchomp.. I'd want haxorus, in fact the axe arms would look better in the axe dragon, just imo), and don't forget my buggy bros galvantula, volcarona, leavanny and scolipede.
M-Pokéfossils anyone? Just looked at armaldo and kabutops and they'd looked mega'ed. Don't tell this is no possible for the reason mega stones exist, I know that >_< I was just wondering.
Mega Evolution in this gen was just used for fan service and nostalgia pandering, so that's why Gen 1 mons got most megas evos and the two most overrated pokemon in existence got two mega evos. I'm hope in the third version/sequel we get mega evos for Gen 5 mons and to the other starters.

Since Mega Evolution boosts a pokemon BST by 100 i doubt it would make Farfectch'd any better unless they gave him Huge Power but they can't keep using Huge Power to make a pokemon good, i would like a Mega Farfecht'd nonetheless.
They could keep it a fragile speedster, and since it loses out on its signature item, give it a new ability that combines Sniper and guarantees a Critical Hit, meaning every hit is multiplied by 2.25 (compared to Huge Power's x2 increase) while ignoring any stat modifiers that weaken it (i.e., opponent's defense increases or Intimidate).

With this ability, you can increase Farfetch'd's base attack to 90 and it's maximum would be 10 points less than Mawile's plus the added bonus of never having to worry about stat drops. That leaves 75 points for its other stats. If you want to take an additional 5 points and make Farfetch'd's attack 95, it will actually surpass Mega Mawile thanks to the x2.25 multiplier. The reason I didn't go for that, however, is because Farfetch'd gets additional bonuses with its ability that would already make it superior.

So here's what I think the spread should be:

HP: 52
Atk: 90
Def: 75
SpA: 40
SpD: 80
Spe: 115
Ability: Scallion (Increases Critical Hit's power and guarantees Critical Hit on every move)
Type: Fighting/Flying

It also learns Super Power by Move Tutor/Egg Move in the new games. I definitely see this as a force to be reckoned with (at the very least it would do well in the game's Battle Maison). Maybe making its attack surpass Mega Mawile isn't that bad since this thing is almost going to always carry Protect to guarantee a safe evolution, and its too fragile to Swords Dance anyway:

Atk: 95
SpD: 75
Ability: Scallion (Increases Critical Hit's power and guarantees Critical Hit on every move)

"When Farfetch'd Mega Evolves, it surges with more power than its tiny body can handle. To compensate, Mega Farfetch'd stores its excess power in its scallion, giving it a more sword-like appearance, allowing Mega Farfetch'd to wield its power more effectively."

Last edited:
They could keep it a fragile speedster, and since it loses out on its signature item, give it a new ability that combines Sniper and guarantees a Critical Hit, meaning every hit is multiplied by 2.25 (compared to Huge Power's x2 increase) while ignoring any stat modifiers that weaken it (i.e., opponent's defense increases or Intimidate).

With this ability, you can increase Farfetch'd's base attack to 90 and it's maximum would be 10 points less than Mawile's plus the added bonus of never having to worry about stat drops. That leaves 75 points for its other stats. If you want to take an additional 5 points and make Farfetch'd's attack 95, it will actually surpass Mega Mawile thanks to the x2.25 multiplier. The reason I didn't go for that, however, is because Farfetch'd gets additional bonuses with its ability that would already make it superior.

So here's what I think the spread should be:

Atk: 90
SpD: 80

It also learns Super Power by Move Tutor/Egg Move in the new games. I definitely see this as a force to be reckoned with (at the very least it would do well in the game's Battle Maison)
Isn't this ability a little broken? And technically we have Mega Farfecth'd and it's called Hawlucha, well if they ever make a Mega Evo for Farfetch'd and it's Fighting/Flying. And tbh i would rather have a normal evolution for Farfecth'd, while some mons can be salvaged through Mega Evolution, others need a straight up evolution to be salvaged and i think Farfetch''d is one of those.

Isn't this ability a little broken?

Huge Power is "a little broken" on anything that has a base 100 attack or higher and can set up Swords Dance yet here we are. You have to look at the Pokemon as a whole to judge whether an ability is broken or not. Mega Farfetch'd, with the stats given, would hardly find the time to set up the way Mega Mawile does. Mega Mawile not only has the defenses, but also Intimidate before evolution to help guarantee a set-up. Mega Farfetch'd still lacks the defense to take a hit, and given its initially low speed, it will have a hard time forcing anything to switch out from fear of being OHKO'd when it too fears being OHKO'd due to its low speed. It'll almost always be guaranteed to run Protect. Mega Mawile gets around its speed issue by having the defenses to take a hit, and the offenses to KO weakened opponents.

Stat modifying moves that increase defense is hardly commonplace, and the only thing that decreases Attack regularly is Intimidate. So how is it any more broken than a Mega Medicham or Mega Mawile, who have their base 100+ attacks double? I mean, I already gave an analysis of the ability in the preceding paragraphs--it makes Farfetch'd no more powerful than existing Mega Evolutions. I'm wondering if you read that or just focused in on the summary given that's what you chose to bold.

And technically we have Mega Farfecth'd and it's called Hawlucha
I almost have no words for people who take something as superficial as type similarities and equate two Pokemon. If anything, you shouldn't be dismissing this Mega Farfetch'd as Hawlucha so much as worrying for Hawlucha's relevance given that what I proposed is superior to it.

And tbh i would rather have a normal evolution for Farfecth'd, while some mons can be salvaged through Mega Evolution, others need a straight up evolution to be salvaged and i think Farfetch''d is one of those.

Isn't it contradictory to say that the ability I gave Mega Farfetch'd is broken, and then go on to say that it can't be salvaged by Mega Evolution? Or do you agree that the ability, while broken on something more powerful, is perfectly suitable for something that doesn't even reach 500 BST to make it relevant? Kind of a strange conclusion to come to--being too broken but yet not salvageable.

I also disagree on Farfetch'd being fixed by evolution given its origin. I would think that a Mega Evolution would be more suitable as it would subvert the proverb of a duck naively walking to its death by showing that it is us who has underestimated it. An evolution would hardly subvert the meaning of a naive duck that's about to be eaten since it simply matured. Here, we assume it to be a naive duck we can easily take advantage of, but then we are the naive ones by assuming a duck bearing green onions was a sign of good fortune for us.

Last edited:
Huge Power is "a little broken" on anything that has a base 100 attack or higher and can set up Swords Dance yet here we are. You have to look at the Pokemon as a whole to judge whether an ability is broken or not. Mega Farfetch'd, with the stats given, would hardly find the time to set up the way Mega Mawile does. Mega Mawile not only has the defenses, but also Intimidate before evolution to help guarantee a set-up. Mega Farfetch'd still lacks the defense to take a hit, and given its initially low speed, it will have a hard time forcing anything to switch out from fear of being OHKO'd when it too fears being OHKO'd due to its low speed. It'll almost always be guaranteed to run Protect. Mega Mawile gets around its speed issue by having the defenses to take a hit, and the offenses to KO weakened opponents.

Stat modifying moves that increase defense is hardly commonplace, and the only thing that decreases Attack regularly is Intimidate. So how is it any more broken than a Mega Medicham or Mega Mawile, who have their base 100+ attacks double?

And technically we have Mega Farfecth'd and it's called Hawlucha
I almost have no words for people who take something as superficial as type similarities and equate two Pokemon. If anything, you shouldn't be dismissing this Mega Farfetch'd as Hawlucha so much as worrying for Hawlucha's relevance given that what I proposed is superior to it.

And tbh i would rather have a normal evolution for Farfecth'd, while some mons can be salvaged through Mega Evolution, others need a straight up evolution to be salvaged and i think Farfetch''d is one of those.

Isn't it contradictory to say that the ability I gave Mega Farfetch'd is broken, and then go on to say that it can't be salvaged by Mega Evolution? Or do you agree that the ability, while broken on something more powerful, is perfectly suitable for something that doesn't even reach 500 BST to make it relevant? Kind of a strange conclusion to come to--being too broken but yet not salvageable.

I also disagree on Farfetch'd being fixed by evolution given its origin. I would think that a Mega Evolution would be more suitable as it would subvert the proverb of a duck naively walking to its death by showing that it is us who has underestimated it. An evolution would hardly subvert the meaning of a naive duck that's about to be eaten since it simply matured. Here, we assume it to be a naive duck we can easily take advantage of, but then we are the naive ones by assuming a duck bearing green onions was a sign of good fortune for us.
At least if you burn a pokemon with Huge Power that pokemon becomes almost useless, that ability is broken because crits ignore the halved attack from burn. What's the point of using that Mega Farfetch'd wich is the same thing as Hawlucha? I can just use Hawlucha and use other mega that it's much more powerfull than Mega Farfetch'd. And yeah i contradicted myself but my point still stands, even with that broken ability that Mega Farfetch'd would still be rather useless because at least with Mega Mawile, who has a rather broken ability, he has good defenses and great defensive typing, Fighting/Flying is not a solid defensive typing and combined with its mediocre bulk there would be no point of giving him a mega evo if he is just going to stay mediocre, even though there are some mega evos that are arguably worse than their normal counterparts.

At least if you burn a pokemon with Huge Power that pokemon becomes almost useless, that ability is broken because crits ignore the halved attack from burn. What's the point of using that Mega Farfetch'd wich is the same thing as Hawlucha? I can just use Hawlucha and use other mega that it's much more powerfull than Mega Farfetch'd. And yeah i contradicted myself but my point still stands, even with that broken ability that Mega Farfetch'd would still be rather useless because at least with Mega Mawile, who has a rather broken ability, he has good defenses and great defensive typing, Fighting/Flying is not a solid defensive typing and combined with its mediocre bulk there would be no point of giving him a mega evo if he is just going to stay mediocre, even though there are some mega evos that are arguably worse than their normal counterparts.
The reason you'd use Mega Farfetch'd over Hawlucha is the same reason you'd use Mega Charizard-X over other dragons--it's immune to burn(and Intimidate). So yeah, its a slower Hawlucha with a Swords Dance, but it pulled off burn and intimidate immunity.

I really wouldn't call something with the strength of a Mega Mawile, the speed of a Starmie, and the ability to ignore burn and intimidate as "mediocre". You keep going back, saying its ability is too strong but then calling it mediocre. It actually makes no sense.

"It ignores burn's attack drop" and "Why would you use it when its the same thing as Hawlucha"? I don't know, maybe because it ignores attack drops--something other physical sweepers can't do, unless we're talking about fire types and burn.

No one seems to take issue with Mega Medicham's lack of ability to set up yet because there's a superficial similarity to Hawlucha's typing, something that can surpass Mega Medicham's power (and Hawlucha's Swords Dance) is suddenly bad? Why? Because Hawlucha can do in two turns (while taking damage) what Farfetch'd can do in one (or two if you use Protect to guarantee M-Evo)?

So here's the stats (max EVs, + Atk):

AttackBurn?Intimidate?
Hawlucha after SD622YesYes
Mega Medicham w/Pure Power658YesYes
Mega Farfetch'd w/Scallion688NoNo

Yet Mega Medicham isn't being called out in favor of Hawlucha, why? Because its not the same type? Because it does something else? Well, so does Mega Farfetch'd. Have fun with your Unburden, I'll have fun with my burn/Intimidate immunity.

You know when Mega Farfetch'd would be good for? Late game sweeping. It can guarantee its Mega Evolution with Protect and proceed to be better at its job than Hawlucha could ever be since it'll be vulnerable trying to set up Swords Dance (and that's another thing, Farfetch'd can switch out without risking a power drop).

So tell me, how is Hawlucha actually better other than "Maybe I'd want another Mega Evolution?" That's the case for a lot of things, but as a Mega Evolution, what I suggested for Farfetch'd just made it unique in that it ignores stat drops. I mean, how is Hawlucha actually an adequate replacement other than superficially having another Fighting/Flying when you have something with twice the power after Mega Evolution and immunity to Atk drops?

If Mega Medicham can 2HKO Hippowdon, than so can Farfetch'd if its given a strong fighting move (like how every other Mega Evolution is given a relevant move). It'll also fair better against Aegislash than Mega Medicham with Fire Punch as it has Night Slash and doesn't give a crap about King's Shield. You're really going to call a physical sweeper that can freely attack Aegislash with a contact move mediocre? Granted, it might actually fair better staying pure Normal/Flying against Aegislash because it won't get hit by priority Shadow Sneak.

It's also a physical attacker that probably doesn't care that Mawile just used Intimidate and is planning to Mega Evolve since it could hit it with a neutral-STAB fighting move. Salamence and Gyarados don't really get a free switch-in considering they're slower and Intimidate isn't working. It can also stop most other fairies in its tracks with Poison Jab. If anything, it might fall to four-moveslot syndrome, but that would show that its not broken. I find it hard that people wouldn't consider this thing as a late-game sweeper after the majority of your opponent's team (and its checks) has been weakened given that very few things can mess with its momentum.

I remember when people had doubts about Mega Mawile because its defenses were still not up to par (despite having the best defensive typing), yet you'd be mocked now to think it isn't a top-tier Pokemon.

And yes, its defenses are shit. It's defenses would never not be shit. That's why I focused on speed. Mawile was at least able to salvage itself thanks to its new type. But you know who else has shit defense and just got banned from Smogon-OU? Mega Lucario. Weakness to ground, fire, and fighting--common moves, yet it was found too powerful in spite of its defenses thanks to its high attack, speed, and ability. We have a fast Farfetch'd approaching Mega Mawile's power. I really don't think its fair to consider it "mediocre" because of similarities to Hawlucha, when you're discounting its ability.

Last edited:
my question is why do you care about farfetch'd aside from being a good pun to use on the forums he's good for nothing he's a gimmick pokemon he's not meant to be good. just like dunspace and delibird. him getting a mega evolution is just farfetch'd xD

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom