• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
I find it kinda sad that we'll PROBABLY never see a Mega Raichu, by the way. Mega Raichu will probably take some focus away from the precious mascot, Pikachu which is probably why it won't happen. Its a shame really.

I wish they make a Mega Raichu, and a Mega Ninetales. They should give the other Kanto starters another Mega, and give all the starters at least one. (Still, Charizard shouldn't get 2 without its counterparts.)

Another mega idea.

So yesterday I was thinking about a pokemon that could use a mega evolution. I noticed that fire and grass types would be beneficial to my team in Alpha Sapphire. So I thought of The fire sunflower variant in Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare that I was playing before I got Omega Ruby. So what about a mega Sunflora?

Grass/Fire since it's a SUNflower. Mega evolutions bring new life into less used pokemon and I never see any sunfloras around. I used one in Silver and it was really good then, but nowadays it needs better stats. Because most people know how it's pre-evo, Sunkern, is one of the weakest pokemon in the game.

So what do you think of this idea?

Edit:
I searched for an image on google and the second picture is a fire-sunflora:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/317/0/d/megasunflora_by_darkface13-d6u31ww.png

I imagined flaming petals (like in PvZGW)

Edit again:
Wait, why is this in a thread about favorite mega evolutions? What happened?

Last edited:
Re: Another mega idea.

So yesterday I was thinking about a pokemon that could use a mega evolution. I noticed that fire and grass types would be beneficial to my team in Alpha Sapphire. So I thought of The fire sunflower variant in Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare that I was playing before I got Omega Ruby. So what about a mega Sunflora?

Grass/Fire since it's a SUNflower. Mega evolutions bring new life into less used pokemon and I never see any sunfloras around. I used one in Silver and it was really good then, but nowadays it needs better stats. Because most people know how it's pre-evo, Sunkern, is one of the weakest pokemon in the game.

Edit:
I searched for an image on google and the second picture is a fire-sunflora:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/317/0/d/megasunflora_by_darkface13-d6u31ww.png

I imagined flaming petals (like in PvZGW)

Edit again:
Wait, why is this in a thread about favorite mega evolutions? What happened?

This thread is basically about Mega Evos in general, including hypotheses. A mod moved your post here because this is the most relevant thread :)

My idea for Mega Sunflora was Grass/Fire with Drought (dunno if I posted here or on my blog, but it was ages back anyway so not like it matters).

I don't think it should have actual fire in its design, instead its petals should be stylized in a way that resemble flames and make it look like more exotic flowers, while still being recognisably sunflower-like. I'd give it Weather Ball to use under sun for Fire STAB, as I don't think regular Sunflora learning/using moves like Fire Blast and Overheat would make any sense. Similar to Beedrill, I'd reduce its lesser attacking stat by 30 to give it more points to spend.

192MS.png
grass.gif
fire.gif

Ability: Drought
Stats: 75 HP / 45 Atk (-30) / 105 Def (+50) / 165 Sp.Atk (+60) / 105 Sp.Def (+20) / 30 Speed | BST: 425 -> 525
Added moves: Weather Ball

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, while I'm here I'll post a few more ideas:

047MS.png
ghost.gif
grass.gif

Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 60 HP / 125 Atk (+30) / 130 Def (+50) / 30 Sp.Atk (-30) / 130 Sp.Def (+50) / 30 Speed | BST: 405 -> 505
Added moves: Shadow Claw

Parasect's stats are dire, so the removal of Sp.Atk is needed. :)

053MS.png
normal.gif
dark.gif

Ability: Defiant
Stats: 65 HP / 140 Atk (+70) / 70 Def (+10) / 65 Sp.Atk / 70 Sp.Def (+10) / 125 Speed (+10) | BST: 440 -> 540

Mega Persian should be part Dark, since it's said to be mean and seems like a bit of snobby-looks-down-its-nose cat. I really want a Defiant Mega (or Competitive) since they are abilities with great potential in the metagame these days - just look at Bisharp in both singles and doubles and also somewhat Milotic in doubles. Defiant basically stops Intimidate from neutering it in both singles/doubles, and also pressures the opponent if they want to try and Defog in singles. I went with Defiant so Persian could be physical and abuse Fake Out, U-turn, Knock Off, Gunk Shot and the like. It could be special though with Competitive though, just move the +70 from Attack to Sp.Atk, it has Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot etc for that. The stat boost to Attack seems extreme, but look at Mega Pidgeot + Beedrill, both see similar boosts to their main attacking stat.

166MS.png
bug.gif
fighting.gif

Ability: Huge Power
Stats: 55 HP / 80 Atk (+45) / 110 Def (+60) / 25 Sp.Atk (-30) / 110 Sp.Def / 110 Speed (+25) | BST: 390 -> 490
Added moves: Close Combat

Ledian becomes a full-on superhero-like ladybug from the stars. 55/110/110 would give it ok defences, on the same level as Mega Diancie, while 110 Speed would put it in an amazing speed tier too. 80 base Attack + Huge Power seems like a lot with 110 Speed, but without an item it's not as great as it would seem. 110 Speed would also mean it would always have a speed-boosting nature, as it's too valuable of a speed tier not to, whereas Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile, with their Huge Power 100Atk/105 Attack and lesser speeds could use Adamant. Ledian also lacks a decent Bug STAB, meaning U-turn would force it to switch. I would give it Close Combat, since it seems like it could put those fists to use and its best Fighting moves currently are Drain Punch and Mach Punch which aren't very strong and it should have one strong, reliable STAB move. U-turn, Swords Dance, Knock Off, Mach Punch, Drain Punch, elemental punches and Baton Pass are just some useful moves Ledian learns, so I'm sure this would be a good Mega. Notably, its movepool leaves it very hard-walled by Fairies.

171MS.png
water.gif
electric.gif

Ability: Illuminate
Stats: 125 HP / 58 Atk / 78 Def (+20) / 116 Sp.Atk (+40) / 116 Sp.Def (+40) / 67 Speed | BST: 460 -> 560

I would buff Illuminate, since it's useless inside of battle, to make it a Thick Fat variant - it would now reduce damage from Dark and Ghost attacks. Don't have much else to say other than it gives Lanturn more resistances to be a decent tank. This would mean Lanturn would resist: Dark, Ghost, Water, Ice, Fire, Flying and Steel, with only two weaknesses to Ground and Grass (which are easily fixed with a Grass or Bug partner on the team anyway). 125/78/116 defences + Scald with a chance to burn :)

631MS.png
fire.gif
steel.gif

Ability: Bulletproof
Stats: 85 HP / 117 Atk (+20) / 106 Def (+40) / 125 Sp.Atk (+20) / 106 Sp.Def (+40) / 45 Spe (-20) | BST: 484 -> 584
Added moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Slack Off

I'm 99% certain I've posted this one before, but oh well. Steel makes sense on Mega Heatmor due to the mechanical influences in Heatmor's design. Being more mechanical-looking also lends to having Bulletproof. With Bulletproof, it would be outright immune to Focus Blast (a common coverage move to hit Steels), Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Gyro Ball and Weather Ball, giving it more walling opportunities. Fire/Steel with Bulletproof actually walls Gengar hard, which is really cool as Gengar can be a problematic Pokemon - Wisp, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast from Gengar all wouldn't be able to touch this Mega Heatmor. For new moves Iron Head (move tutor) and Flash Cannon (TM) should be added for Steel STAB options, with Slack Off being a new egg move to give it something worthwhile over Heatran. Heatmor has a great movepool too, besides its Fire options it has: Knock Off, Superpower, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Low Kick, Sucker Punch, Thunder Punch and Focus Blast. So with some nicely allocated stats, a good ability and a great typing it could be very viable. 85/106/106 defences are pretty good, with decent mixed 117/125 attacking options. The speed is lowered due to getting heavier with the Steel add-on.

Last edited:
Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken are my two favorites, and I like Scizor more. Plus, Mawile and Kangaskhan can finally do something, getting Pure Power and Parental Bond when mega evolving

Grass/Fire Sunflora definitely needs to happen. Sunflora's become a pretty forgotten Pokemon, and making it Grass/Fire would definitely grab people's attention. And I agree that it doesn't need to look like it's on fire, they can just make it look more sun-like. As far as giving it Fire moves, they could probably get away with Heat Wave.

047MS.png
ghost.gif
grass.gif

Stats: 60 HP / 125 Atk (+30) / 130 Def (+50) / 30 Sp.Atk (-30) / 130 Sp.Def (+50) / 30 Speed | BST: 405 -> 505

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of giving Parasect Ghost.

I don't think Special Attack is the right stat to nerf since most of its Grass type moves are special. So unless you want to add a physical Grass type move to its lineup, you should probably rethink that stat distribution.

I would buff Illuminate, since it's useless inside of battle, to make it a Thick Fat variant - it would now reduce damage from Dark and Ghost attacks.

Totally agreed here. Especially when other abilities have an out of battle effect AND an in battle effect, so why doesn't Illuminate have both?

While we're on the subject of type change Megas, here's some Pokemon I think could get some. I haven't worked out stats and abilities though, I mainly thought about what type combo would make sense for them.

Mega Ninetales
Fire/Ghost
Possible moves: Shadow Ball

Mega Golduck
Water/Psychic
Already has several Psychic moves

Mega Marowak
Ground/Ghost
Possible moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Phantom Force

Mega Rapidash
Either Fire/Flying or Fire/Fairy
Would probably get Aerilate or Pixilate, so it could just run something like Return or Take Down for STAB.

Mega Kingler
Water/Steel
Possible moves: Metal Claw, Iron Head

Mega Noctowl
Psychic/Flying

Mega Girafarig
Psychic/Dark
Already has several through Egg Moves and Tutors (Beat Up, Foul Play, Sucker Punch), but they could add a few of them to its level up moveset.

Mega Dunsparce
There's several things I could see for this one, Normal/Flying, Normal/Ground, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Fairy, no idea. But pure Normal feels incomplete.

Mega Blissey
Normal/Fairy
God help us all if this happens

Mega Lugia
Throw Water in somewhere, anywhere. I'd personally give it something like Flying/Water, Psychic doesn't really fit its lore.
Already has Water type moves.

Mega Milotic
Water/Fairy
Possible moves: Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind, maybe Moonblast

Mega Huntail
Water/Dark
Already has plenty of Dark moves

Mega Gorebyss
Water/Psychic
Already has plenty of Psychic moves

Mega Staraptor
Flying/Fighting
Possible moves: ??? (Close Combat already works though)

Mega Luxray
Electric/Dark
Possible moves: Beat Up, probably add Night Slash to its level up moveset

Mega Mismagius
Ghost/Fairy
Possible moves: Disarming Voice, Fairy Wind, Dazzing Gleam, Moonblast

Mega Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
Psychic/Fairy
Possible moves: Fairy Wind, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast

Mega Serperior
Grass/Dragon
Possible moves: Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse

Mega Samurott
Water/Fighting or Water/Steel
Possible moves: Double Kick, Triple Kick, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Sacred Sword, Iron Head

Mega Conkeldurr
Fighting/Rock
Already has several Rock type moves

Mega Seismitoad
Water/Poison
Possible moves: Already has several through TMs, but could add Gunk Shot

Mega Beartic
Ice/Water
Possible moves: Already has several through TMs and Move Tutors

Mega Florges
Fairy/Grass
Possible moves: Already has several

Have fun with all of that.

I don't think Special Attack is the right stat to nerf since most of its Grass type moves are special. So unless you want to add a physical Grass type move to its lineup, you should probably rethink that stat distribution.

Well it already gets Seed Bomb for physical STAB, and has Swords Dance if it wants to do a more offensive set, which was my main thinking there. Plus it has Knock Off which is pretty much the best move in the game right now, so it could use that to support too. I was surprised to see it doesn't already learn Shadow Claw, as most things with claws can learn Shadow Claw and Parasect already learns moves like Metal Claw, Cross Poison and Slash. And it would have Synthesis and Regenerator to heal with, so it's not like Giga Drain would be necessary for it. Biggest downside to physical would probably be burning it, but it also has Aromatherapy for that too. So I think Attack would be fine/the better choice. Its Sp.Atk would also need significantly more points spending on it than its Attack (60 Sp.Atk vs 95 Atk pre-Mega) to become good, so that's another point towards it as its Attack gives it more points to put into defences which it would really need.

Mega Ninetales: Fire/Ghost
Mega Golduck: Water/Psychic
Mega Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
Mega Dunsparce: Normal/Ground or Normal/Dragon
Mega Milotic: Water/Fairy
Mega Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
Mega Samurott: Water/Fighting
Mega Florges: Fairy/Grass

These are the types I had down for these too. Some of the others I don't agree with (Ground/Ghost Marowak, Fire/Fairy Rapidash) and some I'm just indifferent towards (Gorebyss, Huntail, the pixies).

I've tried to come up with a decent stat spread for Mega Dunsparce before, but it's just so awkward. I do think Normal/Ground (would need a big reason to be used over Huge Power Diggersby) and Normal/Dragon fit it best though.

I would make Braviary Fighting/Flying over Staraptor though personally, it just seems to fit Braviary better imo.

------

Might post some more of my ideas later now this thread is bumped :0

These are the types I had down for these too. Some of the others I don't agree with (Ground/Ghost Marowak, Fire/Fairy Rapidash) and some I'm just indifferent towards (Gorebyss, Huntail, the pixies).

Ground/Ghost plays to the dead mother theme, the idea is that upon evolution it channels the spirit of its dead mother. And really, Kanto could use all of the Ghosts it can get, having Gengar as the only Ghost family is completely unacceptable.

I would make Braviary Fighting/Flying over Staraptor though personally, it just seems to fit Braviary better imo.

I actually forgot to mention Braviary actually, I think they could give both of them Fighting, but make Staraptor Flying/Fighting and Braviary Fighting/Flying to distinguish them.

Ground/Ghost plays to the dead mother theme, the idea is that upon evolution it channels the spirit of its dead mother.

I know why the idea is suggested (I've seen it elsewhere) I just don't agree with it/like it. An idea that I'm not a fan of is all.

Grass/Fire Sunflora definitely needs to happen. Sunflora's become a pretty forgotten Pokemon, and making it Grass/Fire would definitely grab people's attention. And I agree that it doesn't need to look like it's on fire, they can just make it look more sun-like. As far as giving it Fire moves, they could probably get away with Heat Wave.

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of giving Parasect Ghost.

I would buff Illuminate, since it's useless inside of battle, to make it a Thick Fat variant - it would now reduce damage from Dark and Ghost attacks.

Totally agreed here. Especially when other abilities have an out of battle effect AND an in battle effect, so why doesn't Illuminate have both?

While we're on the subject of type change Megas, here's some Pokemon I think could get some. I haven't worked out stats and abilities though, I mainly thought about what type combo would make sense for them.

Mega Ninetales
Fire/Ghost
Possible moves: Shadow Ball

Mega Golduck
Water/Psychic

Mega Marowak
Ground/Ghost
Possible moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Phantom Force

Mega Rapidash
Either Fire/Flying or Fire/Fairy
Would probably get Aerilate or Pixilate, so it could just run something like Return or Take Down for STAB.

Mega Kingler
Water/Steel
Possible moves: Metal Claw, Iron Head

Mega Noctowl
Psychic/Flying

Mega Girafarig
Psychic/Dark
Already has several through Egg Moves and Tutors (Beat Up, Foul Play, Sucker Punch), but they could add a few of them to its level up moveset.

Mega Dunsparce
There's several things I could see for this one, Normal/Flying, Normal/Ground, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Fairy, no idea. But pure Normal feels incomplete.

Mega Blissey
Normal/Fairy
God help us all if this happens

Mega Lugia
Throw Water in somewhere, anywhere. I'd personally give it something like Flying/Water, Psychic doesn't really fit its lore.
Already has Water type moves.

Mega Milotic
Water/Fairy
Possible moves: Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind, maybe Moonblast

Mega Huntail
Water/Dark
Already has plenty of Dark moves

Mega Gorebyss
Water/Psychic
Already has plenty of Psychic moves

Mega Staraptor
Flying/Fighting
Possible moves: ??? (Close Combat already works though)

Mega Luxray
Electric/Dark
Possible moves: Beat Up, probably add Night Slash to its level up moveset

Mega Mismagius
Ghost/Fairy
Possible moves: Disarming Voice, Fairy Wind, Dazzing Gleam, Moonblast

Mega Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
Psychic/Fairy
Possible moves: Fairy Wind, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast

Mega Serperior
Grass/Dragon
Possible moves: Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse

Mega Samurott
Water/Fighting or Water/Steel
Possible moves: Double Kick, Triple Kick, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Sacred Sword, Iron Head

Mega Conkeldurr
Fighting/Rock
Already has several Rock type moves

Mega Seismitoad
Water/Poison
Possible moves: Already has several through TMs, but could add Gunk Shot

Mega Beartic
Ice/Water
Possible moves: Already has several through TMs and Move Tutors

Mega Florges
Fairy/Grass
Possible moves: Already has several

Have fun with all of that.

I was about to post about a mega huntail and gorebyss! I thought of giving them those typings too and gorebyess could have technician. Water Pulse, Confusion, Hidden Power, Icy Wind, and Draining Kiss would be amazing with that ability.

Watch GF give Arceus a Mega/Primal/Something with the ability to make Judgement (or some new move) hit every type for SE damage and the ability to hold an item like Life Orb just like M-Rayquaza. Smogon will have a field day with this one.

Hell just give him Proteon Arceus is insanbe already imagine him with 820bst and STAB on EVERYTHING (he wants his title of most broken mon ever back from Mega Ray damnit!)

My idea for Mega Sunflora was Grass/Fire with Drought (dunno if I posted here or on my blog, but it was ages back anyway so not like it matters).

I don't think it should have actual fire in its design, instead its petals should be stylized in a way that resemble flames and make it look like more exotic flowers, while still being recognisably sunflower-like. I'd give it Weather Ball to use under sun for Fire STAB, as I don't think regular Sunflora learning/using moves like Fire Blast and Overheat would make any sense. Similar to Beedrill, I'd reduce its lesser attacking stat by 30 to give it more points to spend.

192MS.png
grass.gif
fire.gif

Ability: Drought
Stats: 75 HP / 45 Atk (-30) / 105 Def (+50) / 165 Sp.Atk (+60) / 105 Sp.Def (+20) / 30 Speed | BST: 425 -> 525
Added moves: Weather Ball

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, while I'm here I'll post a few more ideas:

047MS.png
ghost.gif
grass.gif

053MS.png
normal.gif
dark.gif

Ability: Defiant
Stats: 65 HP / 140 Atk (+70) / 70 Def (+10) / 65 Sp.Atk / 70 Sp.Def (+10) / 125 Speed (+10) | BST: 440 -> 540

Mega Persian should be part Dark, since it's said to be mean and seems like a bit of snobby-looks-down-its-nose cat. I really want a Defiant Mega (or Competitive) since they are abilities with great potential in the metagame these days - just look at Bisharp in both singles and doubles and also somewhat Milotic in doubles. Defiant basically stops Intimidate from neutering it in both singles/doubles, and also pressures the opponent if they want to try and Defog in singles. I went with Defiant so Persian could be physical and abuse Fake Out, U-turn, Knock Off, Gunk Shot and the like. It could be special though with Competitive though, just move the +70 from Attack to Sp.Atk, it has Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot etc for that. The stat boost to Attack seems extreme, but look at Mega Pidgeot + Beedrill, both see similar boosts to their main attacking stat.

166MS.png
bug.gif
fighting.gif

Ability: Huge Power
Stats: 55 HP / 80 Atk (+45) / 110 Def (+60) / 25 Sp.Atk (-30) / 110 Sp.Def / 110 Speed (+25) | BST: 390 -> 490
Added moves: Close Combat

Ledian becomes a full-on superhero-like ladybug from the stars. 55/110/110 would give it ok defences, on the same level as Mega Diancie, while 110 Speed would put it in an amazing speed tier too. 80 base Attack + Huge Power seems like a lot with 110 Speed, but without an item it's not as great as it would seem. 110 Speed would also mean it would always have a speed-boosting nature, as it's too valuable of a speed tier not to, whereas Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile, with their Huge Power 100Atk/105 Attack and lesser speeds could use Adamant. Ledian also lacks a decent Bug STAB, meaning U-turn would force it to switch. I would give it Close Combat, since it seems like it could put those fists to use and its best Fighting moves currently are Drain Punch and Mach Punch which aren't very strong and it should have one strong, reliable STAB move. U-turn, Swords Dance, Knock Off, Mach Punch, Drain Punch, elemental punches and Baton Pass are just some useful moves Ledian learns, so I'm sure this would be a good Mega. Notably, its movepool leaves it very hard-walled by Fairies.

171MS.png
water.gif
electric.gif

Ability: Illuminate
Stats: 125 HP / 58 Atk / 78 Def (+20) / 116 Sp.Atk (+40) / 116 Sp.Def (+40) / 67 Speed | BST: 460 -> 560

I would buff Illuminate, since it's useless inside of battle, to make it a Thick Fat variant - it would now reduce damage from Dark and Ghost attacks. Don't have much else to say other than it gives Lanturn more resistances to be a decent tank. This would mean Lanturn would resist: Dark, Ghost, Water, Ice, Fire, Flying and Steel, with only two weaknesses to Ground and Grass (which are easily fixed with a Grass or Bug partner on the team anyway). 125/78/116 defences + Scald with a chance to burn :)

631MS.png
fire.gif
steel.gif

Ability: Bulletproof
Stats: 85 HP / 117 Atk (+20) / 106 Def (+40) / 125 Sp.Atk (+20) / 106 Sp.Def (+40) / 45 Spe (-20) | BST: 484 -> 584
Added moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Slack Off

I'm 99% certain I've posted this one before, but oh well. Steel makes sense on Mega Heatmor due to the mechanical influences in Heatmor's design. Being more mechanical-looking also lends to having Bulletproof. With Bulletproof, it would be outright immune to Focus Blast (a common coverage move to hit Steels), Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Gyro Ball and Weather Ball, giving it more walling opportunities. Fire/Steel with Bulletproof actually walls Gengar hard, which is really cool as Gengar can be a problematic Pokemon - Wisp, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast from Gengar all wouldn't be able to touch this Mega Heatmor. For new moves Iron Head (move tutor) and Flash Cannon (TM) should be added for Steel STAB options, with Slack Off being a new egg move to give it something worthwhile over Heatran. Heatmor has a great movepool too, besides its Fire options it has: Knock Off, Superpower, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Low Kick, Sucker Punch, Thunder Punch and Focus Blast. So with some nicely allocated stats, a good ability and a great typing it could be very viable. 85/106/106 defences are pretty good, with decent mixed 117/125 attacking options. The speed is lowered due to getting heavier with the Steel add-on.

Replying a while later...

Petals designed like fire? Something like this guy made?:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/244/a/c/ace36c1be7758998d1bcfbf9381b2557-d7xk0tm.jpg

I just imagined the solarbeam spam since it would be the first grass type with drought. Also grass/fire itself is a great typing with only 3 weaknesses.

My favorite Mega Evolutions are Gardevoir, Latias, and Salamence because 1. They're from my favorite movies and 2. THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!

So I was watching this video and got an idea. This guy's third pick for a Mega was Golurk and his idea was to have Golurk in its flight mode upon Mega evolving. So the gears turned a little bit and I thought of this:

Mega Golurk
Steel/Ghost
Ability: Levitate

Giving Golurk a part Steel typing would fit the idea of him being a giant freaking robot. On top of that, if he pops his rockets immediately upon evolving he doesn't have to worry about those pesky Ground type attacks. Sure, he'd have to watch out for Fire types and a Desolate Land Groudon would slaughter him but the weakness to Ice, Water and Grass are freaking gone, which would give him a massive boost.

Don't mind me. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Isn't Golurk made from clay though? (Though I might be thinking of Claydol.) I guess the clay could change during the evolution process, but personally I think the Ground typing should stay. We don't have another Ground/Ghost while Steel/Ghost exists in Aegislash, so it would keep Golurk unique. Plus Steel/Ghost with Levitate sounds very strong too, even with the buffs Dark and Ghost got against Steel.

No idea what I want from a Mega Golurk. It's one I haven't really thought about.

(Will post some more of my ideas shortly.)

My ideas for mega evos
Mega Feraligatr Mono water typing ability: tough claws stats: 145 attack, 120 defense, 39 special attack, 123 special defense, and 98 speed
Mega Krookodile Dark/Ground ability: tough claws stats: 157 attack, 100 defense, 45 special attack, 100 special defense, and 122 speed
Mega Drapion Dark/Poison ability: adaptability stats: 140 attack, 130 defense, 20 special attack, 115 special defense, and 115 speed

You seem to forget that these pokemon all have common weaknesses. For instance Feraligatr is destroyed by thunderus in the ou metagame. There is also mega manetric and rotom w to worry about. Krookodile is dominated by fairies such as sylveon and scarf gardevoir, and it is easily stopped by fighting pokemon such as conkeldurr. Drapion is stopped by any fast ground type such as scarf garchomp and sand rush excadrill with a life orb.

You seem to forget that these pokemon all have common weaknesses. For instance Feraligatr is destroyed by thunderus in the ou metagame. There is also mega manetric and rotom w to worry about. Krookodile is dominated by fairies such as sylveon and scarf gardevoir, and it is easily stopped by fighting pokemon such as conkeldurr. Drapion is stopped by any fast ground type such as scarf garchomp and sand rush excadrill with a life orb.

I didn't seem to forget anything, because this reasoning means absolutely nothing.

All Pokemon have to be beaten by others otherwise they end up broken and imbalanced. Keldeo is beaten by Thundurus and Mega Manectric, is that stopping it being good? I'm not going to give examples for everything, but just because they lose to things they are supposed to be weak to doesn't mean they would be bad.

Also Lopunny gets destroyed by Talonflame, it's walled by common bulky Pokemon like Slowbro, Hippo, etc but they didn't take 30 points from its Sp.Atk to buff its other stats. And so on. The reason is that they already have decent stats + decent BST and ultimately they are still supposed to be balanced.

Look at the Pokemon that they reduced stats for:

Beedrill: Dire BST and stats. So they removed from Sp.Atk because it needed extra points to be usable - otherwise why would you use it over other Bugs like Scolipede, Scizor, Heracross, Pinsir etc.
Camerupt: Wanted it to be a Trick Room Mega so removed Speed.
Abomasnow: Another TR Mega with Speed loss. The points also somewhat help its extremely bad typing.
Sableye: Low BST like Beedrill and needed more points (especially in comparison to Mawile, which notice didn't receive extra points because it got Huge Power to make up for it)
Ampharos: No idea why it was removed, but it was only -10 Speed so not like it makes a huge difference.

Notice that Beedrill is the only one that has an attacking stat reduced. And that was for very good reason.

I deleted my post (before your reply) because I thought I had worked out the maths wrong, but you still went over the top with reducing all their Sp.Atk so much to buff everything else. All three are completely over the top stat suggestions regardless of how you justify your ideas.

Idea for a Mega:

Mega Rapidash
Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Levitate
Stats:
HP: 65
ATK: 130 (+30)
DEF: 80 (+10)
SP ATK: 80
SP DEF: 90 (+10)
SPEED: 155 (+50)
New Move: Play Rough

Mega Rapidash's horn becomes bigger. Its flames change in color from bright orange to a pinkish orange. Rapidash's control over its flames becomes so adept that it creates wings of fire. Flames surround and protect its hooves.

Mega Rapidash gets most of its boosts in Attack and Speed, since those are its highest stats as an ordinary Rapidash. Rapidash's Attack boost of 30 indicates that its physical attacks are stronger, but are not extremely powerful to compete against the likes of Mega Metagross, Mega Beedrill, or Mega Swampert.

Mega Rapidash's Speed gets a tremendous boost because both its Japanese name (Gallop) and English name indicate that its runs at a very fast speed (up to 150 mph according to some dex entries). Yes, I know Mega Pidgeot (flying speed faster than Mach 2) and Mega Lati@s (flying speed of Mach 4) exist and have much lower Speed stats, but even so Game Freak should at least give a Pokémon known and designed for its Speed a respectable base Speed stat.

The remaining 20 points goes into slightly improving Mega Rapidash's mediocre Defenses.

Mega Rapidash gets the Fairy-typing as a sign of its mythical appearance and majestic look. I tried to avoid giving Mega Rapidash that obvious Fire/Flying typing because:
1) it's a bad defensive typing (gets a 4x Rock weakness, Electric weakness, and loses its Ice resist in exchange for a Ground immunity)
2) it gives MR a massive SR weakness
3) Mega Charizard Y, Moltres, and Talonflame already exist.

Fire/Fairy has not been done on a Pokémon yet, and I believe Mega Rapidash would be a really good place to start.

The ability is to give Rapidash an immunity to Ground (due to its flame wings). Fire/Fairy with Levitate gives MR two immunities (Dragon and Ground), three weaknesses (Poison, Rock, and Water), and seven resists (Fire, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Dark, Bug [0.25x], and Fairy). Play Rough is to capitalize on Mega Rapidash's new STAB and give it really good coverage.

Last edited:
I'd lower the Speed. Base 155 is a bit too extreme for it imo and makes it faster than Mega Aerodactly AND Beedrill, which I think should be faster than a horse. Somewhere around the 135-140 area seems good and then put the rest in Sp.Atk as does it does have decent special movepool iirc. It's still ridiculously fast because there's pretty much nothing in that area except a few Megas, Electrode and Accelgor.

Saying that though, I'd rather our first Fire/Fairy be something more interesting than a flying horse. I don't really rate the idea of Fairy Mega Rapidash in general, but that's just my opinion and I know it's a popular idea. But if Altaria can become a Fairy I guess Rapidash could too. Still don't personally agree with it though.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom