• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Sword and Shield?

Megas being part of Let's Go which is, to some extent, under a broader Gen 8 umbrella, is a good sign that they may definitely want to keep them an active part of Pokemon!
Home most likely isn't going to support item transfers, especially from LGPE which lack held items. We really shouldn't assume that battles will be supported, either.

I definitely agree about that! There are no true indications.

Generally though the abstract indication is that it seems like they may have wished to find some way for peoples' earlier gen Pokemon to reach the Switch environment and actually have something interesting and hopefully amazing to do there. :)

I am sure though that in development, they at least considered adding battle options, it would help HOME to have some true staying power/replay value compared to lacking them!

Eveelutions don't need megas... They will already be powerfull with Z-moves and Dynamax.
I can only disagree you in this. The reason Eeveelutions need Megas is while Jolteon and Sylveon were adequate, others were way too mediocre. Flareon and Glaceon in particular were too bad. Mega Evolutions by other name (like "Final Eeveelutions" on a certain post) should be the only way to fix them up.

But since Megas were under hiatus, I can see next games or Gen 9 bringing them back.

This game will be a short pause to show and focus on new mechanic and new pokemon before next ones bring a lot of competitive play.

I see. I could see everyone having a Dynamaxed Altaria if they bring Swablu line to Galar, considering Swablu line appeared in last generations' regional Pokédex outside Alola, and they're common in Pokémon GO.

Also, in topics of Megas, Eeveelutions desperately needs Megas, but under different names as well.

Also, in topics of Megas, Eeveelutions desperately needs Megas, but under different names as well.

this could really work within the expanded plot of a Diamond/Pearl remake, through a connection with Arceus! I suppose that there would have to be some indication of why it wasn't possible in the original games, so i think a rare hold item that wasn't discoverable in the original would work!

I don't think the'll drop ME entirely. It's not comparable to contests or anything like it because we have actual merchandise, toys and plushies of them. They are new Pokémon designs in their own right and GF will resurrect them in some form. You can't make plushies from dynamaxed Pokémon obviously.

....So evolutions?

The whole megas being gone might be a mistranslation. But even if they are there’s no sour we’ll see them again eventually.

Z-moves being gone is meh. They weren’t all that great.

In the anime they will for sure need to show us battles between Z-moves, megas and D/G-max forms at some point.

Z-moves were nice could get some more in future. I liked that they made it possible to use them more during battles then once.

I think generation 4 remake will solve this problem. There will be new megas and maybe more? Then sequel to sword and shield with them.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom