• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolutions in the anime

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
How do you think Mega Evolutions will be handled in the anime? There's not a lot known about them, but it would be neat to see Ash have Mega Evolved Pokemon and use them. I've seen people speculate bringing older characters back and have their Pokemon show off some of these new forms.

I'd like to see Ash's Pikachu with a Mega Evolution. That way, it would gain some good development while still being able to appear the way it is.

Mega Evolutions confuse me so I hope the anime will explain it in a way I understand.
It's simple really.

1. Pokémon holds a Megastone during a battle.
2. Pokémon becomes mega version of the said Pokémon.
3. So far seems to work only on fully evolved stages.

But since Mewtwo in the movie changed into Mega Mewtwo freely without needing that Megastone, I'm betting these mega evolutions will occur in anime at random, without needing a Megastone. But at the same time, Ash could get a Megastone, keep it in his backpack which would allow his Pokémon to mega evolve.

God, so much mega.

I'd like to see Ash's Pikachu with a Mega Evolution. That way, it would gain some good development while still being able to appear the way it is.

You do realize that you're touching the purgatory just by talking about that? The fandom would go crazy if that ever happened.

Maybe MegaRaichu will exist, but I don't think MegaPikachu will be created. So far the revealed MegaPokes were final stages or not evolving pokemon.

I think it will have to depend on what other Mega Evolutions they introduce. So far, the only character, past or present, who has one of the Pokemon revealed to have a Mega Evolution is May with Blaziken and I don't see her coming back anytime before R/S remakes come out. I think that they will be mentioned/shown at some point though. They might have the Pokemon hold the Mega Stone so that they can better promote the concept of Mega Evolutions. They could just transform at will like Mewtwo does in the movie, but I think that probably had more to do with not wanting to reveal how Mewtwo gets a new form, as well as probably making it easier for it to happen in the movie similar to Kyurem changing between its two forms during the Keledo movie.

Maybe MegaRaichu will exist, but I don't think MegaPikachu will be created. So far the revealed MegaPokes were final stages or not evolving pokemon.

Split mega evolutions can happen.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that if Mega Evolutions were to be implemented, I could see something happen from one of Ash's Kalos pokemon, an older reserve pokemon Ash brought back for something (like the league), and/or another character's pokemon being Mega (either Ash's traveling companions or if May were to be brought back).

I'd like to assume (and hope) that if Blaziken has one, then at least all the starter evos get one for equality. In that case, I'd like to see one of Ash's evolved starters show off their mega form if possible (although for his older reserves, that would be like way further into the future potentially). Guess we'll have to wait for more info but I'm excited and curious to see the possibilities of this concept applying to the anime.

Oh yeah, isn't one of the gym leaders connected to Mega Evolutions somehow? If she uses them, we can see them here too.

Well, the recent info states that not all pokes will get one, and that furthermore, the Blazikenite is an event exclusive. That makes me think that is either the only or one of few starters that get one. The whole deal with MegaMewtwo does confuse the matter of how the other ones will work. Another complication is that we see pokes outside the ball all the time in the anime, so there will have to be a moment when the Mega Stones react to the matter that the poke is in a battle, and thus the transformation can occur. The question being when exactly does a battle start? (if undeclared. Pokes are known to attack out of the blue)

It will feature in 1 episode when a COTD blasts off team rocket with one.

Well, since the anime rarely deals with held items, we can be sure the mechanics will be changed. Then again, we already know this based on how it works in the movie.

I agree, we definitely need some stylish transformation song + transformation scene when this occurs.

I thought of this for Mega Blaziken:

[video=youtube_share;qx8_5MhCGeE]http://youtu.be/qx8_5MhCGeE[/video]

When I saw Blaziken I automatically thought of May and her's, and seeing them back in Pallet Town would be kind of nice. Lucario makes me think of Cameron, but he's probably out of the serious for good, and I doubt that if he was brought back he would even know what Mega Evolution's were.

I'd guess they won't be brought up until he officially gets to Kalos, and I wouldn't be surprised if he first learned about them from that new Gym Leader.

Brock will somehow run into Samantha, whose Mawile in its mega form will fall in love with Ludicolo, but still not like it in its normal form. Ash'll run into the two and they'll become the Kalos companions. We'll actually get some humor in the series with Mawile constantly alternating between loving and hating Ludicolo, leading Ludicolo to sink into a deep depression, only to be cured by Brock's constant use of the Pokemon Amie feature. With their newfound companionship, Brock and Ludicolo will take up soccer just to fit in some Super Training references.

Kills like 8 birds with one stone, that one stone being Mawile's Mega Stone.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom