• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolutions in the anime

Y. Because, to the main anime rules, mega black looks to good/kickbutt for Ash. Mega orange is fine, I think.

Y. Because, to the main anime rules, mega black looks to good/kickbutt for Ash. Mega orange is fine, I think.

Nah, more like he gets Y because Origins!Red got X.

And I think they brought Charizard back for that reason - can't showcase him while in Johto.

After the last news I will be really impressed if Ash's Charizard does not get to mega evolve to at least one of its news forms. I'm inclined to say Y since X already had its spotlight in Origins.
Popularity plays a big factor on deciding who gets a mega and most of Charizard's fame seems to come from the anime. It seems like a wasted to opportunity to not get the ride.

If both Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y appear in the anime, I think Ash would have one and it would face off against the other in a major battle. Maybe against a rival, or in a tournament.

I would prefer Mega Charizard X for him if they do that.

I personally would like Mega Evolutions to only be his opponent, or if he does get one for a battle that it isn't Charizard's. Even better would be if more of his Pokemon had that chance instead of just one, like all of his fully evolved ones if they end up with Mega Evolutions.

Nah, more like he gets Y because Origins!Red got X.

And I think they brought Charizard back for that reason - can't showcase him while in Johto.

Then why didn't they just bring Charizard with him in XY instead of waisting time in "Da"? They could have done that and probably would have got more done.

I think it will have to depend on what other Mega Evolutions they introduce. So far, the only character, past or present, who has one of the Pokemon revealed to have a Mega Evolution is May with Blaziken and I don't see her coming back anytime before R/S remakes come out. I think that they will be mentioned/shown at some point though. They might have the Pokemon hold the Mega Stone so that they can better promote the concept of Mega Evolutions. They could just transform at will like Mewtwo does in the movie, but I think that probably had more to do with not wanting to reveal how Mewtwo gets a new form, as well as probably making it easier for it to happen in the movie similar to Kyurem changing between its two forms during the Keledo movie.

Well technically Ash does have a Heracross, and it is possible for his Sceptile to be introduced as Mega Evolution, since it will debut for Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire. Also, Ash does have a Gible. Could've evolved into a Gabite or even a Garchomp by now.

Last edited:
Well technically Ash does have a Heracross, and it is possible for his Sceptile to be introduced as Mega Evolution, since it will debut for Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire. Also, Ash does have a Gible. Could've evolved into a Gabite or even a Garchomp by now.

I forget if Mega Heracross was revealed when I made that post last year. I think that there's a much better chance that they'll bring back Charizard and maybe Sceptile due to how they're more marketable than Heracross, but I guess that it's still a possibility. I can't really see them having Ash's Gible evolve off-screen just so that he could have Mega Garchomp. Evolving off-screen would feel pretty cheap in itself, but getting something like Mega Garchomp would be way too overpowered for Ash. I think that they'd bring back Cynthia to Mega Evolve her Garchomp before they gave one to Ash.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom