• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Mega Evolutions/Regional variants/Z-moves

I don't foresee new Megas being added. I feel like the boat has long since sailed and if Game Freak wanted to add new Megas they should've stuck with it when Gen 7 was announced. Regional variants are a possibility, but I don't know if Game Freak is willing to expand upon that further than just the Alola region. Z-moves I highly doubt mostly because it seems to be a more cultural thing in Alola, so I find it unlikely (beyond making some small appearance), that it will show much in these games.

I don't foresee new Megas being added. I feel like the boat has long since sailed and if Game Freak wanted to add new Megas they should've stuck with it when Gen 7 was announced.

They brought back Megas for LGPE so I think it's likely that there'll be new Megas.

They brought back Megas for LGPE so I think it's likely that there'll be new Megas.

That's essentially what I'm saying; Game Freak will likely continue to bring back the mechanic, but bringing back the mechanic doesn't mean they'll add anything new to it.

That's essentially what I'm saying; Game Freak will likely continue to bring back the mechanic, but bringing back the mechanic doesn't mean they'll add anything new to it.

That indicated that GameFreak regarded Megas important enough for the casual audience to know (more so than breeding, or any other features LGPE omitted) so that they're not 'lost' when new Megas happen.

Sorry, I did not get that from what you said at all. My opinion is that there's significance in GF bringing in Megas when they removed so many non-gen 1 mechanics. Even abilities and hold items. To me, it seems like they're not done with Megas yet.

Sorry, I did not get that from what you said at all. My opinion is that there's significance in GF bringing in Megas when they removed so many non-gen 1 mechanics. Even abilities and hold items. To me, it seems like they're not done with Megas yet.

That's fair! To me personally, I take their inclusion in LGPE with a grain of salt (much like their inclusion in Alola). Megas will be there and they will certainly exist, but it is unlikely to be any sort of focus in these new games and as such, I don't see any new Megas really happening.

Bringing Megas back generation after generation is really just a method to get people hyped that are fans of the mechanic. It doesn't automatically indicate they're introducing new Megas. They certainly didn't in Alola or LGPE, so there's reason to believe they won't do so in these new games, too.

Regional variants were such a good idea, and they really fucked up their execution. I'd like to see another crack at the concept, with more than just Gen I Pokemon, but it's unlikely. We might get a few new Megas given Galar's presumed proximity to Kalos. Z-Moves are an Alolan Thing, and we probably won't even get any crystals until the postgame - if at all.

Seem like there is 1 question that no one ask, more ultra beasts???

Seem like there is 1 question that no one ask, more ultra beasts???
No, just no. Ultra Beasts should have been these unobtainable boss battles that really made you sweat and strain under the pressure of the high intensity fight.

I doubt they'll bring in new Megas and Z-moves, as for regional variants, that depends on how many pokemon were getting this Gen, If it's around 100, then regional variant is off the table, if it's around 70-80 pokemon, we could see new regional variants.

Speaking about Z-Moves, if Game Freak wants to continue the function of Z-Power, at least they might make some new Exclusive Z-Moves like for Dragonite and Flygon.

I'm actually pretty neutral on Mega Evolution. I mean it's a cool concept, and I know people love it so I would be happy if they got more in the game for the people who appreciate them. If there was a Mega that I would like to see myself it would be Mega Froslass. Froslass is such a cool Pokemon with such a cool typing and I would love to see it get a buff.

As for regional variants, I am all for them and I think that is something that they should definitely continue. Not only is it a really cool concept that helps expand the lore of the Pokemon world with species variation based on where they live, and they could do a lot of great things with it, but it also makes it easier for them to keep the number of new Pokemon lower, because at least by most fans that I have seen, regional variants are treated almost as if they are new Pokemon. So yes, I definitely see Galarian forms being a thing.

As for Z-Moves, I think I can see this one remaining Alola exclusive. It fits more to their story. I also would prefer it that way. They were kinda cool, but got pretty gimmicky real fast.

I enjoyed the Ultra Beasts from Generation VII, as well as the regional variants. If regional variants returns, I would like to see more than just Generation I Pokemon getting the regional variants for Galar. With Ultra Beasts, I would like to see it return, and hopefully get a (at least part-) water-type Ultra Beast (I think I mentioned it when Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon was released as my wish). I think we may get Galarian forms in Generation VIII or possibly Mega Evolutions from Generation VI (Generation VII had Mega Evolutions as well, but it was restricted to those who got Mega Evolutions in X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and no new Mega Evolution were introduced in Generation VII). It will be interesting to see what happens though.

I hope megas come back maybe Z-moves could too... it would be weird that trainers go from region too region and would not use those powerful stuff at all. I don't say all should but a little this and there should be possible. Especially some new ones.
Some regional variants would be cool too.

Two wolfs?
blue and red?
water and fire?
ice and fire?
steel/ghost and fairy/dark?
or ice/ghost and fire/steek?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom